Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I have a 2010 LP560-4 spyder and the button for opening the soft top and the rear window has deteriorated to a level that looks rather odd. Here is a photo of the button. I think there was some black paint there before and the paint has peeled off, leaving a transparent plastic film covering the button.

The button works fine and it seems a bit of a waste to change it purely for cosmetic reason. I thought about removing the plastic transparent film and putting some carbon fiber tape over the area, but I am not sure if (a) it will look like an amateur job and (b) removing the plastic film would somehow allow water to seep into the console and damage the car. I would welcome the thoughts of people who have encountered this issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Its a chemical reaction a lot of German buttons (as you know who its owned by so most parts are made in Germany) dont like the oils in our hands or chemicals from cleaners. I dealt with that a lot at the dealer. You could take it off and take it to a body shop and have them clean it and paint it. Or replace it. It might come apart meaning the chrome bars, buttons and you might be able to put some carbon fiber tape on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts