Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have been on a second drive today of my new-to-me LP.

I put the car in N at traffic lights. But being not used to driving a manual car, I keep forgetting to put it back to 1st at traffic lights. This has caused a few embarrassing moments when the car revved up but didn't go anywhere...

The question is, I've noticed that when I do that, I don't seem to be able to put the car in 1st gear easily.... I waited for the rev to drop, and pulled the shifter but it just stayed in Neutral - long enough for me to miss the entire green light. Luckily there was nobody behind me.... I can't remember if I had my foot on the brake pedal or not at the time.... I must have... because at the end, the only way to go into 1st was to engage Reverse first and then 1st....

Is this... normal? Or am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Immediately afterwards, I pulled the car aside and rapidly and repeatedly alternated between 1st and N and back and forth to see if I can replicate the error, I couldn't...... was it the accidental revving that somehow caused the car to not allow 1st....? I would've thought rev shouldn't be a problem.... especially if you've switched to Neutral at some speed and then had to re-engage gears... surely the car won't demand that you stop and put your foot on the brake first when that happens?

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,487 Posts
Congrats on your new car. You will notice the brake has to be pushed fairly significantly to shift into first and this can be annoying sometimes. Try a little harder pressure on your brake and go from there.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I hope it is just something as simple as this. My reading led me to F1 pump and actuator and other scary things.... LOL

I will test this out later tonight when there are no cars on the road. I was lucky to have no car behind me, stuck immobilised at the traffic light in my shiny Lambo..... Would've been very stressful.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on your new car. You will notice the brake has to be pushed fairly significantly to shift into first and this can be annoying sometimes. Try a little harder pressure on your brake and go from there.
I tested this out tonight. You are right. My foot wasn't on the brake after revving it in Neutral. So it wouldn't engage 1st. It engages swiftly as soon as I tap the brake pedal.

I just need to get used to this E-gear business.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts