Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
271 Posts
No experience with this issue on a Lambo but done it a few times on motorcycles and once on a car. I can’t tell from the pics (seem low res on my phone) but if the actual housing is intact then use a reverse thread drill bit or (carefully) use an EZ out / screw extractor to remove the broken nipple.
Bring the broken nipple to a few auto parts places until you find someone competent and helpful enough to find a similar one with the correct threads. There really aren’t more than a handful of different types out there.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
271 Posts
No experience with this issue on a Lambo but done it a few times on motorcycles and once on a car. I can’t tell from the pics (seem low res on my phone) but if the actual housing is intact then use a reverse thread drill bit or (carefully) use an EZ out / screw extractor to remove the broken nipple.
Bring the broken nipple to a few auto parts places until you find someone competent and helpful enough to find a similar one with the correct threads. There really aren’t more than a handful of different types out there.
And use a bit of heavy axle grease on the bit when you extract it so it traps any metal shavings from falling in. Go slow and steady and it should ease out nicely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.