Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, after reinstall of new springs, testing the lift system, the bleed nipple boss broke off the housing on strut assy. Lamborghini dealer said they don't sell this tip, and wanted 6k for the Assy.

1st option is thread in nipple (it's still threaded into cracked boss) and jb weld boss with a few tac welds.

2nd option find equivalent part at audi.... This seems impossible with my early search methods. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

It's the balloon B in the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
71 Posts
No experience with this issue on a Lambo but done it a few times on motorcycles and once on a car. I can’t tell from the pics (seem low res on my phone) but if the actual housing is intact then use a reverse thread drill bit or (carefully) use an EZ out / screw extractor to remove the broken nipple.
Bring the broken nipple to a few auto parts places until you find someone competent and helpful enough to find a similar one with the correct threads. There really aren’t more than a handful of different types out there.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
71 Posts
No experience with this issue on a Lambo but done it a few times on motorcycles and once on a car. I can’t tell from the pics (seem low res on my phone) but if the actual housing is intact then use a reverse thread drill bit or (carefully) use an EZ out / screw extractor to remove the broken nipple.
Bring the broken nipple to a few auto parts places until you find someone competent and helpful enough to find a similar one with the correct threads. There really aren’t more than a handful of different types out there.
And use a bit of heavy axle grease on the bit when you extract it so it traps any metal shavings from falling in. Go slow and steady and it should ease out nicely.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Plumber,
The swagelock fitting seems intact on the broken off boss, maybe the mechanic spun it out when he saw the boss was cracked open. The entire block where it has left and right bleed Valves is not machined in one pc, it seems that there is a bond between the 2 bosses and block, why they did this I'm not sure, a direct tap into a solid pc makes more sense. We use those Ez out at work, they work like a charm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts