Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm hoping someone might know anything about this original dash I've found, please? The dash has all the metric gauges, black mouse hair, the wire harness is in nice condition, and the number 308 is written in a couple of locations. This 308 doesn't seem to relate to an LP frame number, so maybe that is a colour number? Maybe an order or customer number?
The back of the 9K tachometer has masking tape applied to the gauge's body that reads two words; "Wolf" and "Countach". The tape looks as old as the rest of the workmanship on the rear of these various pieces.
I believe this has been removed from one of the original LP400 models or from one of the first 30 LP400S models before the Stewart Warner gauges were dropped.
I am interested in the history of these pieces because I am a hopeless car fanatic at heart, and I am also hoping to find the right future home for them. I will never be fortunate enough to own the car that belongs to these gauges, so I want them to return to an original car if at all possible.
I found them in NY recently.
Thank you in advance for any bits of information anyone may have, please,
Beaver in Canada

IMG_2304.JPG
IMG_2305.JPG
IMG_2306.JPG
IMG_2310.JPG
IMG_2378.JPG
IMG_2379.JPG
IMG_2385.JPG
IMG_2389.JPG

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hello all,
I'm hoping someone might know anything about this original dash I've found, please? The dash has all the metric gauges, black mouse hair, the wire harness is in nice condition, and the number 308 is written in a couple of locations. This 308 doesn't seem to relate to an LP frame number, so maybe that is a colour number? Maybe an order or customer number?
The back of the 9K tachometer has masking tape applied to the gauge's body that reads two words; "Wolf" and "Countach". The tape looks as old as the rest of the workmanship on the rear of these various pieces.
I believe this has been removed from one of the original LP400 models or from one of the first 30 LP400S models before the Stewart Warner gauges were dropped.
I am interested in the history of these pieces because I am a hopeless car fanatic at heart, and I am also hoping to find the right future home for them. I will never be fortunate enough to own the car that belongs to these gauges, so I want them to return to an original car if at all possible.
I found them in NY recently.
Thank you in advance for any bits of information anyone may have, please,
Beaver in Canada

View attachment 291802 View attachment 291803 View attachment 291804 View attachment 291805 View attachment 291808 View attachment 291809 View attachment 291810 View attachment 291811
for sale?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Out of curiosity, I did a Google search of "Walter Wolf" Countach dash. The images that come up show the types of gauges pictured above. It makes me wonder if those gauges were specific to a Walter Wolf ordered car. I have never seen those gauges before, but the Walter Wolf cars that came up on Google had them. When looking at other images of old Countach dashes, I don't see that style of gauges. This was about the time period Wolf was showing of his Countach collection and pondered buying the company.

Could 308 be the production number? I didn't think that hit that many cars produced until after the 400S.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts