Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car (2013) out for a spring shakedown last night and I’m really not liking the mismatch of “modern” LED headlights and old incandescent side markers. They are not amber bulbs. They are clear bulbs / clear markers but look yellow compared to the led headlights.

Does anyone have a part number for proper LED bulbs or marker lights that would match the headlight color better?

·
Registered
2013 Super G
237 Posts
I went aftermarket to replace the ambers that i feel look absolutely awful (on any car, let alone these).

You dont have amber you mentioned, so have you thought about coding out the lights from functioning altogether? Its not hard. Potentially free. And solves your problem (i think)

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went aftermarket to replace the ambers that i feel look absolutely awful (on any car, let alone these).

You dont have amber you mentioned, so have you thought about coding out the lights from functioning altogether? Its not hard. Potentially free. And solves your problem (i think)

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
I actually like the idea of them but want them “cool” spectrum led.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
271 Posts
So you already have actual 'clear' markers and they look like that? I ask because just today I started spring cleanup too and have the amber ones there and was thinking to switch to the clear. Changing wheels so while in there I took the front splash shield out (total PITA it was) and discovered there was no way they are coming out easy... there's a headlight bracket in the way of accessing one of the two studs that secure it. Looks like either the headlight has to come out or the whole bumper has to come off. I might just vinyl wrap/tint the things and be done them in that case

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you already have actual 'clear' markers and they look like that? I ask because just today I started spring cleanup too and have the amber ones there and was thinking to switch to the clear. Changing wheels so while in there I took the front splash shield out (total PITA it was) and discovered there was no way they are coming out easy... there's a headlight bracket in the way of accessing one of the two studs that secure it. Looks like either the headlight has to come out or the whole bumper has to come off. I might just vinyl wrap/tint the things and be done them in that case
Yes. They look good when turned off of course but when running the lights they really don’t match the headlights. I will say that picture exaggerates the “yellow” a little bit.
But just imagine an old incandescent flashlight next to a new led flashlight.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yes, I get it. I would be disappointed as well to find that out. Now faced with the dilemma of taking the whole bumper off just to change them and seeing your post I am rethinking the issue. I'm going to try the wrap thing first as I've got some laying around so it's a free-bie option. It's a dark car and I flat-out don't like the bright yellow marker so we'll see how that goes....

Reactions: Plumber

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I get it. I would be disappointed as well to find that out. Now faced with the dilemma of taking the whole bumper off just to change them and seeing your post I am rethinking the issue. I'm going to try the wrap thing first as I've got some laying around so it's a free-bie option. It's a dark car and I flat-out don't like the bright yellow marker so we'll see how that goes....
I got the car this way so I’m not sure what’s involved with switching it out. In fairness, when I posted this I didn’t even know if the bulb could be replaced separately from the housing. It sounds like it’s a sealed housing. In any event, I’ll just live with it the way it is I guess. I haven’t been able to find anything online that shows an LED replacement for this. Hopefully saved you the hassle of buying some thing you can’t use.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Oh, definitely saved me the hassle. From being in there I can tell you the bulb on the stock marker looks like the classic 194 bulb (a little longer might be ok, but 2x as tall or anything wider would be an interference problem). It sits in a rubber socket that slides into the marker. I thought my rear left one was out and here it was all good, just fell out of the housing. Doing the wrap thing now and the first side turned out good, but we'll see how it looks at night turned on.

Reactions: Plumber
1 - 8 of 8 Posts