Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Gallardo LP550-2
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have instructions on how to remove the rear diffuser on an LP ? I would like to switch it for a carbon fiber one. I have found info on removing the rear bumper, which I assume you would have to do, but nothing on how the diffuser attaches to the bumper.

Thanks!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Its pretty easy but very time consuming and car has to be off the ground with rear wheels removed. There screws that attached the diffuser to the bumper all the way around something like 64 of them it also requires pulling the whole rear bumper assembly off to get access to screws which is a hassle not tough but a hassle, best done with two people-plan on 4-6 hours since the rear bumper has to be removed with the diffuser attached, once on the ground can swap out the diffuser and re assemble to the car. There are several screws at the front of the diffuser that attach directly to the underbody pan as well. Watch this video should help

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fabspeed used to have terrific step-by-step directions on changing out the exhaust system in a PDF on their site... obviously this included the diffuser... I just went out there to see if I could find it and I couldn't. Going through my various computers to see if I have it downloaded from when I did my exhaust a few years ago.

Curious, what diffuser did you purchase? I've been thinking of this swap myself...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Be sure to post some pics when you're done... been interested in that diffuser for a while

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.