Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I took delivery of my triple black LP Spyder yesterday. Very excited! Being a tinkerer, I have already purchased the Carnaviplayer carplay upgrade unit.

This isn't my first performance car but certainly the first of this calibre. My daily drivers are a Boxster and a Quattroporte.

I am now looking at buying a diagnostic tool, ideally something that would read and reset clutch points for when the time comes.

From reading the other thread, it seems that for an LP model, the options are:
1. VAS 5054a (ODIS)
2. VCDS
3. Lara - too expensive so not currently under consideration..
4. Texa - too expensive too, not under consideration...

I have found various such tools for sale, all quite cheaply, on eBay etc... they seem to be a simple device/OBD cable setup.

My questions are:
1. With VAS - what software do I use with it if it's just a cable device?
2. With VCDS - same question
3. Anyone with any experience on Autel MP808ts - will this do clutch? Does the hardware still function if the subscription lapses?
4. Anyone with any experience on Launch X431 Pro - will this do clutch? Does the hardware still function if the subscription lapses?

Please restrict this to just the LP model for clarity if you don't mind. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

What model year is the vehicle. The genuine Ross-Tech VCDS will work with all Lamborghini vehicles from 2008.5 (MY2009) and newer without the need of an adapter cable. You will need a HEX-Net, that is the one that comes with the Lamborghini license.

Depending on the vehicle, year and what control modules are installed will determine the functions you can perform with the Ross-Tech tool.

The Ross-Tech tool is the only tool I have had experience with when diagnosing and repair these vehicles.

Hope that helps,

drpeter

·
Registered
947 Posts
I work with the following software: ODIS Service and ODIS Engineering. They are able to read, scan, adjust Lamborghini LP cars through VAS 6154 WiFi Adapter. You can do almost everything you want as a Lamborghini Dealership, Even it is possible to rewrite a Transmission, Engine, Common Modules via FlashDaten.

Reactions: Jinster

·
Registered
947 Posts
VCDS is an out-of-date tool. Forget it.
Texa makes sense if you have PreLp cars.
Lara is a black box for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
VCDS is an out-of-date tool. Forget it.
Texa makes sense if you have PreLp cars.
Lara is a black box for me.
How is VCDS out of date? when it works fine with 2021 model years?
Do you have VCDS?? Do you have the upto date ODIS 7.0? or the out dated hacked version?

It is true ODIS can do things VCDS can not, like the online functions/programing (but you need a legit copy of ODIS with a valid Lambo subscription, big $$$$). VCDS can do things ODIS can not... Coding Helpers, Data Logging, Graphing, etc..

For the average user, VCDS is so easy to use..ODIS is slow and there is more of a learning curve...
And let us be honest here, with out a legit copy of ODIS (purchased from Lamborghini/VAG Group), the tool that is "out-of-date" here, is ODIS.

If you want the best of both worlds get both tools, but to say VCDS is out of date, that is simply not true, the software is updated continuously, last update was this month in fact.

Just wanted to clear things up...

drpeter

·
Registered
947 Posts
To be clear I had used VCDS many times and switched to ODIS-S and ODIS-E because this software are able to do everything with VAG Cars including Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Skoda, Audi, VW, Seat. It is complex to learn how it works, but it gave, gives and will give a great tool to modify my Aventador. I relearned the transmission, ABS module, instrument cluster without help any dealership. Perhaps I am not a deep user of VCDS, but if you want a comprehensive and profound scanner/reader/modifier of VAG cars, then ODIS is beyond competition.
It is a dealership tool.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Agreed. Out of date was incorrect regarding VCDS. I hope you understand my stance of being on the verge of software for Lamborghini. :)

Reactions: DrPeter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Agreed. Out of date was incorrect regarding VCDS. I hope you understand my stance of being on the verge of software for Lamborghini. :)
Cool, it's all good..👍 Give VCDS a chance, it's a good tool.. I like it because it can talk with every control module, do basic settings, adaptations, output tests, coding, etc..

The crappy clones do not work, that is were people have issues...:p

Later,

drpeter

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi DrPeter. Thanks for the suggestion. Can I ask where do I get VCDS and Hex-Net from? A rough cost? Is it also subscription based?

I purchased the MP808TS in the meantime as it seems to work with the TPMS on my other cars. I will test it out with the Lambo when I have some free time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts