Lamborghini Talk banner

How long has your LP Gallardo Clutch Lasted?

• 0-10,000 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10,000-20,000 miles

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 20,000-30,000 miles

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 30,000-40,000 miles

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 40,000 miles and up

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Still on stock clutch (mileage listed below)

Votes: 3 30.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what mileage was your clutch replaced at?

If it had never been done, what mileage are you at now and what is your latest snap.

There is a ton of info for the Non-LP cars, but I figured it would be good to accumulate real data on the LP cars.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I beat the **** out of my old one. Was my DD and did 13k in it. Clutch was absolutely fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got a Ross Tech VCDS setup and will be able to check my own clutch life… I am at 21k on the stock clutch, but will update everyone on the remaining clutch life here in a day or two.

·
Vendor
145 Posts
I just got a Ross Tech VCDS setup and will be able to check my own clutch life… I am at 21k on the stock clutch, but will update everyone on the remaining clutch life here in a day or two.
So the VCDS works with the Lambo huh? I thought it might but wasn't 100% sure. Should be in everyone's toolbox.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, it does, but it doesn’t read quite like a LARA system… Attached is a picture of the readout from mine tonight.

Depending on the calculation value (and if I am reading it right, my clutch should be at 39% worn (61% remaining) at 21k miles.

If I am reading it wrong, let me know…

It also shows that the car has never used launch control…

My interpretation is that the decimal is not necessarily in the right spot. I am reading it as 13.66 new, 11.42 now for a wear of 2.24

2.24/5.7=0.392 or 39% worn.

Now, I have actually read two different ways of measuring clutch life… My understanding is that the 5.6 or 5.7mm is where you should replace the clutch and 7mm is the actual thickness…

If my calculations are correct, and assuming linear wear (which I understand it’s not), that would put estimated clutch replacement at around 54,000 miles.

Font Material property Screenshot Electronic device Multimedia

·
Vendor
145 Posts
Hmm...looks like you can most likely adjust the friction point (kiss point) too...VCDS isn't always the most intuitive but the guys over on their forum are quite helpful. They may be able to validate your understanding.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A little more info… So, the numbers given are in Bits, so you need to divide those by 60 to get mm.

This gives me 22.75mm and 19.03mm for a difference of 3.72mm… My calculation puts it at 66% worn at 21k miles.

There is some vagueness in the calculation in the book as it says less than 5.6mm is deteriorated, which doesn’t make much sense, unless the calculation goes the other way and decreases from 5.6mm.

I guess I will have a better idea when I do the next snap reading.

To make things even more confusing, according to the Leonardo tool, you take the difference between the two readings and multiply it by 14.28 which would put it somewhere around 55% worn.

So, what I have been able to gather so far is that the clutch is somewhere between 33% and 66% worn… lol.

Extrapolate that out and it puts clutch expectation between 31,800 and 63,600…

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have a friend that put 100,000km on his original LP clutch. I had 42,000km on my 2009 with no issues before I sold it. The 09 we have now has 35,000km and 80% life left. The LP is so much better than the non LP G’s that only get 20,000 to 30,000km per clutch

·
Registered
243 Posts
I changed mine at about 50,000kms as a precaution (less than half worn) as I was servicing the LSD at that time. Repalced with a standard clutch which was fine before. The car runs a VF supercharger so standard clutch is pretty robust

·
Registered
149 Posts
2009 - 13,200 miles - original clutch
I have not done a snap recently on mine. Purchased with 8,200 miles in 2016.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts