Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Finally went to test out an LP640 Roadster in Dubai where I live yesterday at "Exotic Cars" - I'm 192cm tall and would like if it were possible to completely remove the "rails" under the seat and fix the seat to the ground? - any one ever done that or know of a system where it is possible?

Best regards

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Hi everyone

Finally went to test out an LP640 Roadster in Dubai where I live yesterday at "Exotic Cars" - I'm 192cm tall and would like if it were possible to completely remove the "rails" under the seat and fix the seat to the ground? - any one ever done that or know of a system where it is possible?

Best regards
There's nothing special about the seat. It doesn't have any electronics, doesn't have any air bags, doesn't have any speakers in it, etc.

The seat removes with 4 screws and it's out. When you take it out, what's left is basically a seat without any padding.

If you sit in the car without the seat, you will see how incredibly roomy it is for tall drivers with long legs.

So that means you have a lot of room to work with to come up with a better seat arrangement.

Taking the rails off would be tricky though because there won't be an easy way to mount the seat to the floor and you won't gain that much room.

You would be better off to have the seat modified itself to not take up so much space (remove padding, etc), or buy some other kind of seat up to an including a racing shell that takes very little space.

I would go the route of another seat so you can easily put back the original seat when it comes time to sell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Any OEM Lamborghini seat renowned for taking up minimum space?

2. There must be other tall Murci owners that have done a similar "trick"?

·
Registered
LP640
2,229 Posts
The only thing seat that comes to mind is the carbon Technocraft seat. It sits lower to the floor board than the factory seat on Gallardos. Technocraft doesn't have mounting brackets/sliders, but a fabricator should be able to make one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With technocraft you completely elimate comfort from the experience though.

There are the Fixed factory bucket seats - Which I believe the lp570 had?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts