Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to upgrade the stereo in me Performante as it was beyond pathetic. Decided I would add a subwoofer in the footwell, upgrade head unit, and add an amplifier. I wanted to put some power to the stock speakers to see how they perform prior to deciding to replace. The stock tweeters are small and I have no intentions to modifying my carbon fiber door panels to put a bigger tweeter in. Man was I shocked. I have a JL Audio 75 watt x 2 and 300watts to the subwoofer and this dang thing sounds absolutely amazing. Extremely loud and the bass is about double what I was expecting.

JL Audio 10” small enclosure subwoofer with only .36 cubic ft enclosure. I have 2 JL Audio 12” subs with 1000 watts on them in a G Wagon and this single 10 hangs tough with that system. Had to move the body module out of footwell but fabricated brackets and bolted it to the brackets for the fuse block. Used a steel plate with sound deadening for subwoofer grill protection.

Also was able to integrate stock rear camera into the system and works flawlessly

Wasn’t a lot of money and it is such a drastic increase in sound as well as the head unit is Apple Car Play. I think it totally updates the look of the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Decided to upgrade the stereo in me Performante as it was beyond pathetic. Decided I would add a subwoofer in the footwell, upgrade head unit, and add an amplifier. I wanted to put some power to the stock speakers to see how they perform prior to deciding to replace. The stock tweeters are small and I have no intentions to modifying my carbon fiber door panels to put a bigger tweeter in. Man was I shocked. I have a JL Audio 75 watt x 2 and 300watts to the subwoofer and this dang thing sounds absolutely amazing. Extremely loud and the bass is about double what I was expecting.

JL Audio 10” small enclosure subwoofer with only .36 cubic ft enclosure. I have 2 JL Audio 12” subs with 1000 watts on them in a G Wagon and this single 10 hangs tough with that system. Had to move the body module out of footwell but fabricated brackets and bolted it to the brackets for the fuse block. Used a steel plate with sound deadening for subwoofer grill protection.

Also was able to integrate stock rear camera into the system and works flawlessly

Wasn’t a lot of money and it is such a drastic increase in sound as well as the head unit is Apple Car Play. I think it totally updates the look of the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7600NEX or 8600NEX ?

·
Registered
696 Posts
JL Audio XD500/3v2 amp? That's what I have in mine, JL components in the doors and just upgraded the sub to a 12" Alpine Type S between the seats. It slaughters the single DB 10" and the dual 8" CDT subs I had prior.

Reactions: Bdaddy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had to make the dash kit. I just used wood to make the filler piece and then covered it in Alcantara.

The wire harness is

The antenna adapter is

Here is pic of dash prior to deck going in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had to make the dash kit. I just used wood to make the filler piece and then covered it in Alcantara.

The wire harness is

The antenna adapter is

Here is pic of dash prior to deck going in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Perfect, Thanks for the info!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts