Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the boards and have a few questions for the arctic members of the forums. We have snow and salt on the roads 5 to 7 months of the year and I just don't have the patience to let my babies sit in the garage unused for that long, life is too short. With that said I'm considering going for quality over quantity trade in and do a 3 for 1 trade-in towards an lp560. (trading 02 996 turbo - current DD, 03 viper, 09 Z06)

Anyone have any experience with lp560 in extreme cold and snow driving? I have suv for the deep stuff, but rest of the time would want to use it as much as I can. My commute is only 30 miles total daily so yearly mileage would not be bad.

Other than snow tires, will winter driving create any other special service issues?

Any multi car owners have ballpark estimates on the cost of operating 1 lp560 verses the 3 mentioned above? I'm hoping in works out about the same and also some reduction in overall trips to dealerships

Also I have a somewhat steep driveway entrance. The 996 and viper do not scrape, but vette and my brothers 997 turbo do. Where would lp-560 fit into the scraping continuum?

Thanks for any input!
Joel

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
It's not the most practical or comfortable for a DD, but you have the truck to offset that. Your driveway would have to be awfully steep for you not to be able to get into it with the nose lift.

As for winter driving I personally say go for it (I've driven my G in snow). My biggest concern was the salt. I would hose down the bottom of the car when parking it. 2 years later still 0 rust to be seen. Note that because it's mostly aluminium it's actually less prone to rust than most normal cars.

Maintenance is not bad or complicated, but labour rates and such tend to be high, but not ridiculous as long as you're not being taken for a ride.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Know of any good shops in Minneapolis / St Paul or surrounding areas? Closest thing we come to a dealership here is Maserati/Bentley that may ship the cars to Chicago for more complex work.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Imola does a lot of european and similar higher end car work like R8's, maybe you've had your Porsche's there, they can probably do some jobs on a lambo. I believe they have a certified lambo tech if necessary. Kevin, the owner, is a great guy too.

Other than the Maserati dealer on 394 that you mentioned, I don't think there are many other options. There probably isn't much for certified Lambo tech's in the area. There are a lot of Lambo's around though, go to Cars n Coffee this summer, and talk to some owners and see what they do, I'm guessing they use one of those 2 for the most part.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I'm from the nothern part of Minnesota and have an 04 Gallardo. I'll admit though that I never use my sports cars in winter. As far as service, I highly recommend Auto Edge in Mahtomedi, MN. Basically they are a very good independent Porsche/Audi shop in the twin cities. I've brought all my Porsche and MBZ work to them for nearly 10 years. Now they don't proclaim to be a Lambo shop, but I'd say they are on par with other indy shops in the area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts