Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lack of definitive answer for 2009+ exhaust valve opening and closing
I'm new and I just recently posted an in-depth theory and explanation of a modification that you could control using a remote fob instead of running wiring and a switch up under the dash. To my surprise it didn't even last 24 hours and appears to have been taken down.... what could I have done wrong?? I did use the word that starts with 'H' and ends with 'ACK' in the title so that may have triggered it, and there was a picture of a product I used and where to buy it (super cheap) so that may have gotten misconstrued as an advertisement without permission. Not sure but I'll keep this one short and not so descriptive........
There's very limited information for modifying the LP cars to control the exhaust flaps other than plugging vacuum lines downstream of the control solenoid proven on the earlier cars. Instead of plugging them I'm using a Vacuum Vent Solenoid and turning it on or off with a handheld remote. ON allows everything to perform as normal. OFF blocks the factory solenoid valve from pulling vacuum and vents the lines to the valves, bypassing the muffler at any Rpm. This would work for valved aftermarket exhausts as well. Anyone familiar with this? You have the option of when you want it quiet or loud, all from pressing a button on a Key Fob !!??

·
Registered
123 Posts
Lack of definitive answer for 2009+ exhaust valve opening and closing
I'm new and I just recently posted an in-depth theory and explanation of a modification that you could control using a remote fob instead of running wiring and a switch up under the dash. To my surprise it didn't even last 24 hours and appears to have been taken down.... what could I have done wrong?? I did use the word that starts with 'H' and ends with 'ACK' in the title so that may have triggered it, and there was a picture of a product I used and where to buy it (super cheap) so that may have gotten misconstrued as an advertisement without permission. Not sure but I'll keep this one short and not so descriptive........
There's very limited information for modifying the LP cars to control the exhaust flaps other than plugging vacuum lines downstream of the control solenoid proven on the earlier cars. Instead of plugging them I'm using a Vacuum Vent Solenoid and turning it on or off with a handheld remote. ON allows everything to perform as normal. OFF blocks the factory solenoid valve from pulling vacuum and vents the lines to the valves, bypassing the muffler at any Rpm. This would work for valved aftermarket exhausts as well. Anyone familiar with this? You have the option of when you want it quiet or loud, all from pressing a button on a Key Fob !!??
Sorry can't comment on administration but I would be very interested in doing this to my Pre Lp. It's Completly stock atm but I'm thinking decats to reduce the risk of break down in the cells. If I do this it would be nice to have a mute button if it's to much on a long journey. I will prob do a sports exhaust aswell but it will need to have flaps if I do. I've done the rip snorting F1 Sound with my F 348 ie decats and sports exhaust. My ears felt like they were gona bleed on a long journey Good thing about Gs is they sound class stock Any Ferrari I've had I've had to fit sports exhaust/Decats cause they sounded like sewing machines

Following

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, this would surely work for Pre-LP as well, no need to switch back and forth to fool the ECU to keep from thowing a CEL. Still not sure if it's necessary here but I have everything I need, just waiting for a comfortable day to do it, still 30 degrees here. If this thread gets taken down again I hope someone will at least tell me why.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Did it TODAY..... hooked it all up, crossed my fingers and Yessir! I used a normally closed vacuum vent valve so it's flaps open all the time unless I push the button, then it goes to stealth mode, stock valves closed below the computer pre-set open RPM (3500 they say). For 12v power to remote switch box I tapped into Pin 2 on the 14 pin connector that feeds everything on the engine lid. It was going to be 1, 2, or 10 but #2 was the only one of those that switched off with the ignition so that's the one I went with. Still not sure what it actually feeds as Lambo wiring diagrams seem non-existent on google. I suspect it may be power for the fuel door release actuator or maybe the OEM camera, unless someone can verify, it's thinner than pin 1 wire and it's red w/ black stripe. Sitting there at an idle it doesn't seem to be much difference so I can understand why some people have said it doesn't do anything...... not until you're driving and you switch back and forth do you really see the effect. Good enough for now and I think when I do any exhaust change I may want to stay with a valved system as well to utilize the same benefits!

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is not new. Forza and Capristo both make one. These are elegant and proven solutions (I have used them on many of my cars). No financial interest. I have found Steve at Forza to offer excellent customer service, even years after purchase when most vendors wouldn't even bother.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, would have thought SOMEBODY would have addressed this, just wasn't using the correct search words or something. I guess I have the consolation of saving over $350 by being forced into figuring it out on my own. Hey,..... I just spent $307 (w/ tax/shipping) on a Sprint Booster so there goes Money saved, Money well spent !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts