Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Sale: 2006 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster (last year before LP640)

Originally over $350,000.00 (See original window sticker in photos)

Black on Black with yellow stitching
Optional Branding Package $910.00
Optional Carbon Fiber Engine Cover & Brace Option $6,625.00
Optional Carbon Ceramic Brakes and Yellow Brake Calipers $13,805.00
Optional e-gear, 83% on clutch $10,000.00
Power folding Mirrors
Power Tilt System
Remote Locking System
Optional after market Asanti Wheels that cost $10,000.00

LOWEST PRICED 2006 ROADSTER IN COUNTRY THAT I COULD FIND - priced at just $145k with a clean title, low miles, proper maintenance which was priced purposely that way for a quick sale. Many of the same 06's, clean title, same options, etc are $170k - 190k on Dupont Registry, auto trader, etc so do your own searches as this is a very good buy and a good $20,000.00 to $40,000.00 less than the going used value. A great opportunity to buy this car, drive it for a year or two , sell it and even make a little money. Car draws crowds everywhere it goes.

15,500 miles (Just had 15k service)
Excellent condition, clean title, no issues
All service records available
Original Manuals
Car is in Florida (Have places in Miami & Naples so move it from time to time)

Comes with BOTH a quick frameless soft top that takes 5 minutes to throw on in rain emergencies and a Lamborghini factory top with the hard frame and supports that lock into the ports on the car.

Also available with EITHER factory wheels or a set of Asanti wheels which cost 10k alone as seen in some of the pictures depending on the type of look your after.

With 2006 being the last year as the LP640 was released these are the best of all the original Murcie's that had various upgrades along the years to all the systems PLUS new added options like the Carbon Fiber engine package, Carbon Ceramic brakes and Branding package that came out in 2006 which this car has. Those 3 options alone were over $20k of additional cost as you can see from the original window sticker in the photos posted.

Would love this to go to a forum member.

Here are more photos:

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/jamesmcclain/slideshow/Additional Photos Murcie Roadster password: "2006lambo"

original photos:
Photobucket

Thank You!

James

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a Chicago motorcars car
Im originally from Chicago, still have our business head quarters there and moved permanently to South Florida a little over 2 years ago where I opened a new studio for my 25+ year old, award winning, digital multimedia agency - L2 Productions. I also produce all kinds of TV, Music and feature films as well such as a TV show with John Temerian back when he was still in West Palm Beach years ago called Privileged. You are also correct that Im friends with the owner of Chicago Motor cars since High School - Frank Sacco.

My name is James McClain and I have really never used this board much in the past which is why I have a relatively new account but I am all over many other boards for MANY YEARS (under name "Crazy1") including Lambo Power, Ferrari Chat, Viper Forum, etc.

I own & have owned many diverse cars over the years including the first Heffner Twin Turbo Gallardo that was ever built that started that whole craze. I bought it off of Wayne Skiles and completely upgraded it and customized it afterwards. From Vipers, Vettes, Ferraris, Maseratis, Lambos and more I love them all :)

Are you interested in the car?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great price, great car. You should have NO problem selling this car. If I was in the market for another Murcielago, I would be all over this car.

·
Registered
536 Posts
If we were a year down the road and the canadian dollar was a tad better I would be strongly considering this.. Great car and amazing price..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK guys & gals, this is it - I've had so many people contact me on this car and everyone seems to just be kicking the tires and not serious when push comes to shove and I don't have time to waste. I want to move this car quickly and save myself a lot of time too, so I will offer the deal of all deals on this Amazing 2006 Murcielago Roadster with a firm, final quick sell price of $139k!!! Someone please buy this as I wont let it go for a penny less and will just end up keeping it otherwise as I wont give it away. TY!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Is the owner of Chicago Motor cars Frank Sacco? Some other forums say Parin Shah.

Im originally from Chicago, still have our business head quarters there and moved permanently to South Florida a little over 2 years ago where I opened a new studio for my 25+ year old, award winning, digital multimedia agency - L2 Productions. I also produce all kinds of TV, Music and feature films as well such as a TV show with John Temerian back when he was still in West Palm Beach years ago called Privileged. You are also correct that Im friends with the owner of Chicago Motor cars since High School - Frank Sacco.

My name is James McClain and I have really never used this board much in the past which is why I have a relatively new account but I am all over many other boards for MANY YEARS (under name "Crazy1") including Lambo Power, Ferrari Chat, Viper Forum, etc.

I own & have owned many diverse cars over the years including the first Heffner Twin Turbo Gallardo that was ever built that started that whole craze. I bought it off of Wayne Skiles and completely upgraded it and customized it afterwards. From Vipers, Vettes, Ferraris, Maseratis, Lambos and more I love them all :)

Are you interested in the car?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The 139k seemed like a smokin' deal for the car. I'm not a roadster guy though on the Murci don't like the way it looks w the cloth top.

·
Registered
17 Posts
WOW!!!! Nothing more to say after watching that video. Very shocking, disturbing, and downright scary!!!!!!
Yes my thoughts exactly. In the time I have seen that video I have been shocked to hear many stories about cars that have had serious accidents that have gone unreported on Carfax. Really makes it difficult to buy a new car--and makes a good PPI absolutely essential.

Incidentally, the same guy published a bunch of other videos and has a whole webpage dedicated to those guys. It is really quite something.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think the Chicago Motorcars affiliation may be a factor.

I did a google search and found this among other things relating to Chicago motor cars. Definitely makes me not want to deal with them or touch any car that they ever had anything to do with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUjt5ucti48

About 2 years ago I was looking at a 2006 ford GT they had for sale. Drove up there to Chicago to have a look it was in great shape and had a great price. I'll have to watch that video in full when I get home but from what I saw it was a similar deal. Turned out the ford was on its second engine (no explanation why) and had been in a pretty serious accident that required the entire front end to be rebuilt. That stuff was hidden pretty good and if my buddy hadn't been able to find that stuff out for me I'd have bought it.

From the start I was treated poorly by the sales reps. Over the phone they refused to make and kind of negotiations, wouldn't reply to emails, didn't take me as a serious buyer. I pulled up in my F350 with Texas plates and got lots of rude looks. Walked in to look around and even after requesting a salesman nobody would help me out until I got ahold of the sales GM who somewhat helped me out. All in all I have to say it's not a good place to do business and can't recommend anyone buy from there but that's just me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello everyone, since I have received a bunch of PM’s I figured I would just post the information here so I do not have to reply to each PM. This will be a long read, sorry no cliff notes.

I contacted James back on April 13th about the car via email. In his first reply he started off by telling me how great the car was and stated that “it comes with a soft top and hard top. He also stated the car has no paint work or any crashes. It had a clear shield primarily on the bumper area but it was removed after a while and the Paint is fantastic.” He also included some pictures of the car that were not included in his ad most of which were all from far away except for a few close of shots of the back and passenger side.

We had played phone tag for a few days as I was busy at work and so was he. Once we talked on the phone everything seemed to be normal, he answered all of my questions and was really selling the car. He did keep trying to put pressure on me about how he has all these other people interested in the car and needs to sell it fast for money to invest in a new business startup. We talked on the phone and I told him I wanted to do a little more research on the car and find out who could do a PPI since this would be my first Lamborghini purchase and wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. He again told me that he had several other parties interested in the car and it would be sold to the first person who got him the cash. I told him that was fine if it was meant to be it will happen. A few days went by then on April 22 James sends out this email BCCing the “other interested parties”. Below is the email.
“Thank you to everyone included in this email that contacted me on the 2006 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster I have for sale. I know several of those I am sending this email to have indicated you are serious buyers, requested various additional information and want to see the vehicle as soon as possible.

I am very sorry I could not show anyone the vehicle last weekend to anyone since I ended up getting sick and ended up in the ER with a kidney stone attack. Now that I am over that I am looking to schedule appointments with any of you this weekend ready to see the car in person and I am sure it will sell if you come see it as it’s that nice.

As I have told any of you I had the time to speak with already - the car is in excellent condition throughout! The paint, interior and engine bay are all in excellent condition. The car has a clean title with no crashes, damages or other stories. I have service records and the car is one of many in my partner and my car collection which has been maintained properly per the Lamborghini factory guidelines.

As I also told many of you at $145k this is the lowest priced 2006 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster in the country that is not a rebuild or with other serious issues. I priced the car aggressively on purpose for a quick sale along with 2 other cars we are selling from the collection including a 1970 Hemi Cuda Convertible for $200k and a 1968 Camaro for $120k. So this Lamborghini is priced from $20,000.00 to 45,000.00 lower than all other 2006 Lamborghini Roadsters out there if you just do a Dupont Registry, Google or other search yourself.

THE ONLY REASON my partner and I are pricing the car for less than $170k which I would normally be looking for and in no big hurry is due to my need to invest in a new business startup I want to be a part of which we need some quick cash and would rather liquidate some of these toys than dip into our other funds in the bank.

Attached below are the original window sticker and a password protected photobucket link to some other photos that were all taken within the last month and are representative of the excellent current condition of the car that you may not have seen yet (although some of you may have if I had the time to email you after such request).
The password is: “2006lambo” here is the photo slideshow link: jamesmcclain's Library | Photobucket

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOUR SERIOUSLY INTERESTED AND WANT TO SETUP A TIME TO SEE THE CAR THIS WEEKEND? The car is currently at our place on the East Coast near Miami but if more of you want to see it on the West Coast in the Naples area where I also have a place, I can make arrangements to have it trucked over here instead but you have to GET BACK TO ME NOW WITH SOME ADVANCED NOTICE as I cant move it around with no time to do so if you contact me on Friday or the weekend?

I appreciate all your serious interest in this AMAZING VEHICLE and look forward to selling it to one of you who will be very, very happy.

Thank you,”

A few days after this email was sent he lowered the price on his ad from 145 to 139. I was trying to contact him but again we were playing phone tag so I sent an email on May 2nd asking a few other questions and also asked if he could do a short walk around video showing the condition of the car. We finally connected on the phone on May 4th and he answered some more of my questions and I told him I would like to have a PPI done on the car but needed to find a place to do it in FL. I made a post on this forum and Lambo Power looking for recommendations on where to have the PPI done along with reaching out to some of my friends that have Lambo’s. James said the place where he had the car serviced could do a PPI for me but I wanted a fresh pair of eyes to look at the car. On May 6th he sent an email stating he had two other parties that were ready to buy the car if it passed the PPI and the end of the email he included this “I also don't want to drag this simple process out too long since I am sure the car will check out perfectly and if you don't buy it for any reason I don't want to loose the interest of these other serious buyers if too much time passes by.

Please let me know your thoughts today?”

I had already called Lamborghini Miami and left a message about scheduling a time to bring the car in to have the inspection done and was waiting to hear back. I emailed James to let him know.
James replied and said “I also put a call into Lamborghini Miami today as I have a contact I have dealt with there in the past to see if I can expedite this for you and they seem so busy always over there I'm not sure when they will get back to one of us?

If we hear from them today then great, if not there are plenty of other trained and qualified resources to do a PPI nearby like Fiorano. They are all Lamborghini trained in this process including:”

Fiorano is where he took the car to get serviced, so I told him again I wanted someone else to do the inspection.

I spoke to James on May 6th on the phone and asked him if the PPI came back with issues, would he fix them or refund me the money for the PPI. He said the PPI will be perfect there are no issues with the car it was just in for its 15K service. I said well let’s say they do find some issues. James stated he would have the issues fixed so that he could sell the car.

I finally got to speak with Eddie from Lamborghini Miami about having the PPI done and asked him to check out the overall condition of the car and paint since I couldn’t get James to send me any close of pictures or walk around videos. James had the car delivered to them on the afternoon of May 7th for the PPI.

The PPI came back with a few findings which you can view by the attached PPI. Eddie also found the car needed the following:

4 oem tires mounted and balanced Pirelli $2215.00 + tax Replaced performing 1 year service (all drivetrain fluids and filters) $1780.00 + tax

Evap code which needs more time to diagnose what the cause is.

Note: engine cover is missing on drivers side along with grill, also a tube for the roof is missing $5344.00 + tax. Not a mechanical issue but something noticed on inspection.

I asked Eddie how the condition of the paint was and he stated the car was really dirty so he could not tell me the condition of the paint.

Once the PPI was done my phone began ringing off the hook from James wanting to know when we were going to close this deal. I was at work and could not talk and he continued to call from different numbers. I told him I would speak to him after work. I called him to go over the PPI and all the findings he downplayed and claimed they were not needed on the car and Lamborghini Miami was just trying to make some money. He claimed there was no way the car needed new tires or the fluids needed to be changed b/c it was just done at 15K. He also said the cost of the missing CF piece was not correct and he could get the two missing pieces for 700 dollars.

James continued to put pressure on me and asked when I was going to buy the car and said the PPI came back clean there is nothing to think about. I told him I needed to do some more research on the car. Meanwhile a member from this board sent me a PM with his number and told me give him a call. I called him and he gave me a bunch of other things he noticed just looking at the ad that seemed off. He also offered to show me his car and what to look for when purchasing a used Murci.

Not to drag this post on much longer, here was my email back to James on my findings.

James,

I went through the PPI report and also have done some more research and have spoken to a few people that own 06 Roadsters and here are my following concerns.

My first major concern is all the different stories about the car. The mileage was almost 800 miles more then what was posted in the ad. You stated that you still drive the car. But for that to increase 800 miles in less than a month seems off. First you said the clutch was done at the 15k mile service and had 83% clutch left. Then you stated it was done sooner and the reading was done at the 12, 500 mile service but the clutch was replaced at 8500 miles. I am unsure why the clutch only lasted 8500 miles when you have put on almost 7500 miles and the clutch is still at 60%. I don’t know if the car was tracked a lot, used as a rental, or just abused.

The next concern is that the car was offered for sale at Chicago motor cars back in Jan and then listed as sold. I asked you about this and you stated that you are childhood friends with the owner and he listed it and then removed the listing when you decided to keep it. If that was the case then it would not have shown as sold on the car fax in Jan. The miles from the Chicago motor cars pictures match the miles on the car fax and also shows the vehicle was sold around the same time when it was listed as sold on their site. I am sure you are well aware that they have a very bad reputation from selling crashed cars as perfect no accident cars. I don’t know if you purchased this car from them in Jan and found a bunch of issues and are now looking to dump it or what the real story is.

The car fax shows 7 previous owners which is strange because you stated you bought the car in 2013. But then when it was sold to you in 2013 it was sold back and forth between FL and IL for the next couple years. I am unsure why if you owned the car you would sell it back and forth from FL to IL. I know that type of buying and selling is done to wash a title and most of the time it is done through FL and the final step is to have a dealer sell it back to the owner. Things just don’t add up as to why if you bought the car in 2013 you would sell it back and forth or have Chicago motor cars list the car on their site and then take it down because you decided to keep it, but in reality it was sold again. The car fax shows it was sold with the same amount of miles on it that was pictured in their ad. This has me extremely concerned as I think there is a lot more to the story then you are telling me and the fact that the other stories about the car keep changing.

The PPI indicated all the fluids needed to be changed. You said you just had them done but when I spoke to Eddie he said the fluids were very dirty and should be changed immediately. Do you have the receipt showing the fluid change at 15k? Also what other service was performed at the 15k and can you send me over that receipt?

There was a code found during the PPI for an evap leak which requires more time and money to trouble shoot the issue. If the car has any evap/emission codes I will not be able to get the car to pass emissions up here in PA, so this would need to be fixed before I can get it inspected and emissioned.

The exhaust on the car has coupe tips and not the roadster tips. I am assuming this was done because the at one point the car had exhaust on it and someone returned it to stock but either couldn’t find the roadster tips or didn’t want to pay the premium that those bring.

The car is missing the wind deflector for the front and rear. It says in the original window sticker that this was purchased. I know when I asked, you stated that you did not have these items and they were optional but they were purchased with the car. It looks like those two items will cost almost $4000 dollars now to purchase.

The two missing pieces in the engine bay has me concerned because the owners I have spoken to said theirs have never vibrated and there is no reason to take those covers off. I am assuming the reason the mesh grill is missing is because it was removed to change out the exhaust. I don’t why the other piece would be removed. I know you said they don’t cost as much as I was quoted but I have yet to find the OEM CF piece anywhere near the price range you said.

The reverse button appears to be rubbed off in the pictures.

Something looks off on the paint on the front end. I can’t tell if it is just a poor picture of if there was paint work done. It appears to have dirt in the paint. Again I have not received any updated pictures of the car so I can only go off what I see in the posted pictures.

The picture of the passenger side dash shows that the dash is actually pushed out and wrinkled which is most likely caused by the air bag deploying. Also when comparing the placement of the air vent in the picture to that of another 06 murci roadster it appears that is not the correct airbag cover.

With all of that being said I am very hesitant on moving forward with this car. I would like to hear your explanations on these items and then decide how to move forward. At this point I would want to come see and drive the car and also bring an expert with me to go over the car. The pictures of the car are from when it was for sale at Chicago motor cars and about 2k miles ago. I asked previously if you had updated pictures and you said those were recent but they are all from when the car was listed online. I have not seen any updated pictures or close up of the car or of the hard top.

It is one thing if there are a few small items but it seems there is a story for everything but none of them line up when you start digging around. I have already spent 500+ on a PPI for a car that I feel was not as you described on the phone. You seem to be very pushy in selling this car without allowing proper time to really find out the facts about the car. In just about every text you say the car is priced way under market value which is great if the car truly is clean with no issues and is not missing its OEM parts. Just to purchase the missing parts alone would bring the car up or over market value.

If you have other buyers that are interested and want to purchase the car then go ahead and sell it to them. I would ask that the PPI money be refunded as that can help your sale and save the next potential buyer the cost and also you the hassle of having to take the car in for another PPI.
I was extremely excited to purchase this car but it just seems like there are going to be a lot of surprises with this car that are not currently being disclosed.

Let me know how you would like to move forward.

Thank you,

After I sent that email I did not hear from James until a week later and he responded with the following email.

“Sorry I have not been able to reply until now but I have been having serious health issues with my kidneys and just after I landed in Chicago last week I had another major attack and was rushed by ambulance to the hospital ER where I stayed there for a series of tests to try and figure out what was going on with me. Today is the first day since then I am out of bed and back in the office feeling well enough to start to catch up to my huge back pile of work and I wanted to reach out to you as well.

I will call or email you a reply as soon as I can get to your LONG email you outlined below. But you are WAY, WAY OFF on what you wrote as this car HAS NO ISSUES, NO REBUILDS, IS NOT BEING WASHED, WAS NEVER SOLD BY CMC and so on which is quite RIDICULOUS. I don't know why but your really using your imagination way too much here even though I can understand you wanting to check it all out or address whatever is on your mind just to be sure.

I told you from day one I priced this car to sell it fast for a new business investment I wanted the cash for or else it would be much higher. I will be contacting all the other interested parties I had in the next couple days now that Im feeling better again if you don't buy it. I don't feel I was being pushy before you could find out all the facts when we spent over 10 days discussing the car with several long phone calls, arranging the PPI, transport of the car back and forth and many LONG emails to answer your every question in great detail ??? You also then dropped off the face of the earth for like 3 days after the PPI when we should have been closing a deal. So how I was being pushy to sell the car after spending that much of my valuable time I do not understand this thinking? Almost no one will spend this much time just for a car sale.

Anyway, we can go over this all one last time and address all your points below (many which are way, way off) to see if you want to do anything on this great car or not now? If you pass I can tell you without a doubt it will be your loss as the car is in excellent condition as I always said, passed its PPI and has no major issues or stories so it will continue to provide whoever will be the next owner, many years of great, trouble free driving enjoyment.

I also wont be refunding any PPI as I never agreed to that and the car passed its PPI without any major issues so that's a mute point now whether you buy it or not. Needing a set of tires and being due for its next oil and fluid change are normal wearable items needing replacement just as Lamborghini Miami said was what would be expected with any car with these miles and of 9 years old that's no big deal. They only know of the services they did not what Fiorano did so thats the reason they were pushing for fluid changes more than anything and to make some extra bucks. The 2 other minor cosmetic items with the side cover and exhaust mesh as I mentioned before I don't even need to replace at this price as this is a used car and used cars are not perfect like new and these are simple cosmetic covers nothing vital to the running of the car??? But as I said I will replace them if its something you really feel makes or breaks the sale for you and don't worry of course its all OEM parts.

We will talk soon,”

I never heard from him again so I am assuming he either sold the car or is just waiting to post it again.

There is always three sides to every story and maybe all my findings were just ridiculous as James stated but if I am going to spend 139K for a car I want to at least have a warm and fuzzy that the car does not have major issues.

If anyone has more questions feel free to PM me or reply to this thread and I will try and answer them. Sorry for the long read.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I stopped reading at "1970 HEMI cuda convertible for $200k" show me one of the 2 HEMI cuda converts made from the factory as a convertible for under 2 mil and I'll buy the thing this second. If I recall right the last one sold at Barrett Jackson for 4.2m in 2008.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 45 Posts