Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! This past week we lowered our Gallardo. JRZ Suspension graciously helped us out with this project and sponsored us with the amazing RS PRO kit. We have put together a video reviewing the product and discussing the install. Please watch the video and let us know your thoughts. We will post another video at some point of the alignment and ride in car. We will also perform modifications to the car throughout the year and post videos of the process as well!

·
Vendor
2,440 Posts
Great video. I gotta get back up there there to drive it :)

Do these still work with the front lift?

·
Registered
424 Posts
They do and its exactly how i lowered mine, you do not need a suspension kit and even if your changing to sport spring still simple coil adjustment.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Interesting info. All pre-LP (all years) have adjustable coil overs? Anyone knows how much difference in height you can do - with the stock coil overs?

HBI Auto. It looks really nice after it is lowered. It is too low for me though - I am sure I will scrap the bumper all the time at that height. Also, our cars look really simple after you change the exhaust and remove the shield. It is like - just the engine, frame and body; no extra weight! :tup:

·
Vendor
2,440 Posts
Interesting info. All pre-LP (all years) have adjustable coil overs? Anyone knows how much difference in height you can do - with the stock coil overs?

HBI Auto. It looks really nice after it is lowered. It is too low for me though - I am sure I will scrap the bumper all the time at that height. Also, our cars look really simple after you change the exhaust and remove the shield. It is like - just the engine, frame and body; no extra weight! :tup:
Yes pre LP do come with adjustable coils, one of the few cars that do! Which is super cool. I had HBI lower mine and I think the stance is perfect. They were cool enough to send me pics on the fly to. This stance is perfect now. This cars have a TON, a TON of rear wheel gap and I had to get rid of it and RWD conversion which makes this car incredible.

·
Vendor
2,440 Posts

Yes pre LP do come with adjustable coils, one of the few cars that do! Which is super cool. I had HBI lower mine and I think the stance is perfect. They were cool enough to send me pics on the fly to. This stance is perfect now.

·
Registered
416 Posts
You guys are lucky. The Swift lowering springs are pretty much the only option for LP Gallardos and for me the approx 2" that they lower the car by, is too much. I would love to have something in between...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes pre LP do come with adjustable coils, one of the few cars that do! Which is super cool. I had HBI lower mine and I think the stance is perfect. They were cool enough to send me pics on the fly to. This stance is perfect now.

:tright: Nice!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the replies. The issue with lowering on stock coils to an aggressive level such as what our car is that the ride quality is majorly affected. The suspension is past the designed stroke of the valve system that causes the car to become bouncy. Yes, you can lower it around 1-2" max. The JRZ system is a high performance system that is fully adjustable rebound and compression, you also can order whatever spring rate you desire, and lower the car significantly over stock. I also believe there is a kit from JRZ for the LP cars as well.

·
Vendor
2,440 Posts
As I mentioned, I had HBI do my Lowering then a full alignment after, which is a must, oh and also RWD conversion, which u need new alignment as well, so do both at same time. Some don’t do an alignment and you must! The car was dialed in before but not it’s perfect. Like a sling shot, and hugs better. It’s a controlled missile now. You can do regular alignment or a 4 wheel corner balance. I dropped a little over an inch and that’s the sweet spot on 04-08. And that rear wheel gap needs to go. Other than that, the car looks great out of the box but need a minimal drop.

And RWD conversion is the best thing you can do to these cars. After Billy, Owner of HBI first drove mine with RWD conversion he did the same conversion to his own Gallardo the next day! It’s that big of an improvement!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My plan is to lower it also. I have a pre lp so it should be easy. Also to have 20 inch wheels on it.

I have not had a look at my shocks get and how much you can lower it. But if i understod right you should not max it out?
How much of the thread on the shock did you leave left in the front and the rear? Just so that i don`t lower it too much?

·
Registered
680 Posts
That does look like an optimal height of the car to me :). Wish LP has this feature... oh well.
Nah, you don't. An LP on Swift's handles and rides phenomenally better than a pre-LP moderately lowered (slammed would be even worse) on stock coilovers. I've had both setups, honestly hated the suspension on my pre-LP unfortunately.
It looks like this JRZ kit offered here is possibly a great solution for the pre-LP suspension.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts