Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me know what you think. Here is the set up.

Forgstar wheels. 20x12 and 20x10
Pirelli 305/30/20 and 245/30/20

Lowered factory coil overs all the way down. Very very low look. Tires rub when I hit large bumps but other then that it's as low as it can go without tire damage.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another one

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
Looks good! Needs lp560 bumper and either front needs to go down a hair or back needs to go up it looks like rear is lower my car has same issue right now lol

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I am pretty sure that he has plans already in place for an LP front bumper. It definitely looks good sitting low like that. If you start putting some miles on it you might bring it back up some just for the comfort of ride.

Looks great Brett!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Did you take a pic of the coil overs when you lowered? I'd like to see how low that is. I'm going to be slamming mine come spring, I have the exact tire setup you do.

Looks excellent man!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Looks great! You must have the perfect offset in the front to stuff a 245. Congrats

·
Registered
434 Posts
Wow Bboone83 car looks great.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Do you need to do an alignment after lowering the G?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No pics of the coil overs when they were bring lowered. I had a shop do it for me. The alignment was very tricky when it was lowered this much. There is a slight camber in the rears to get them to clear the rear fender. It actually tucks under the fincer a bit. Probably need to raise it to match the front. I have perfect clearance up front and they are all the way down. The biggest issue I had was finding a matching set of tires for this set up. I had three option and all three were a nightmare to find online. Everyone was back ordered. I did find that Michelin had a few seye but they were 6-700 per tire. I'm open for suggestions on where you guys could find the following set ups.

305/30/20 245/30/20
315/25/20 255/30/20
325/25/20 255/30/20

Finding any of these was a nightmare. I actually pulled these tires off my buddies Hurracan because nobody online had a set.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Finding any of these was a nightmare. I actually pulled these tires off my buddies Hurracan because nobody online had a set.
Ive been sat here giggling away like a child at the thought of your mate walking out one morning to find his hurracan propped up on bricks with the wheels missing....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Let me know what you think. Here is the set up.

Forgstar wheels. 20x12 and 20x10
Pirelli 305/30/20 and 245/30/20

Lowered factory coil overs all the way down. Very very low look. Tires rub when I hit large bumps but other then that it's as low as it can go without tire damage.
Are you sure your rear size is 305-30-20? I don't know much about the AWD system in the Gallardo, but running that much of a difference between front and rear diffs, will cause a huge issue in ANY AWD vehicle.

245-30-20 should be using a 305-25-20 or 325-25-20 in the rear to maintain equal OD.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, sure on the size. These tires came directly off a brand new Hurracan. My buddy got a new HRE set up so he had these laying around. I pulled them off the factory wheels and put them on mine. Not that it matters but mine has been converted to RWD. I was guided by two buddies who have 4 lambos between the two of them on the tire sizes. They are a perfect set up for the rolling diameter and would be considered an optimal setup on an AWD car. I was very very careful to get this set correct.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh one thing I left out. Here were my tire size options to go with that would be the perfect fit.

305/30/20 and 245/30/20
Or
315/25/30 and 255/30/20
Or
325/25/20 and 255/30/20

Any of these three set ups would fir and be ok with AWD or RWD. This info came from my friends who are Lambo gurus. Lol. I trust their knowledge.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You having RWD makes sense for running those sizes.

Your friends being Lambo Gurus doesn't make them mechanically inclined. I do this for a living and I hate to say it, but the first option below, is NOT a correct setup for an AWD vehicle. That's a guaranteed blown diff. The other two are well in the tolerances. Before I posted this, I actually contacted a Lambo tech here locally, and for the front and rear tires to have that much of a OD difference, is flirting with disaster.

The Huracan has a much less "mechanical" AWD system. And is built to handle the differences. The Gallardo cannot.

Your other two sizes you listed are within 1% of each other, and make sense. Although 255-30-20 would never fit on the front of a G.

Oh one thing I left out. Here were my tire size options to go with that would be the perfect fit.

305/30/20 and 245/30/20
Or
315/25/30 and 255/30/20
Or
325/25/20 and 255/30/20

Any of these three set ups would fir and be ok with AWD or RWD. This info came from my friends who are Lambo gurus. Lol. I trust their knowledge.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I also just want to add, that i'm not arguing. I just want to make sure the proper info is out there for others that come here for information.

You don't need to be an expert or guru for this stuff. Anybody could use a online tire calculator and see the monstrous difference in OD between those two sizes, and draw their own conclusion.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I appreciate your help. I'll run this by them. Let me ask you, what combination set up would you run with those 3 rear tire setups? 305-315-325?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Gallardo "correct" front tire size is 235-30-20. However a shortage in this size in the past few years has forced us into 245-30-20, which works fine, but clips the inside fender liner at full crank when lowered.

Rear size has many options. 295-25-20 is "correct". 305-25-20 is the plus one, and is less than .25% different than OEM. 315-25-20 and 325-25-20 are correct as well being within 1% of OEM.

Again, you being RWD, excludes you from the issues (I'm RWD also) but remember, AWD vehicles have 2 diffs, connected by a shaft.... And rule of thumb is they need to spin at relatively same OD's to ensure neither diffs grenade.

The Huracan front and rear sizes are very different. I don't know anything about that new AWD system but clearly it's able to handle the massive difference between the front and rear overall diameters.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts