Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I was driving a short 20 km round with my Diablo today. Everything was working well. When I arrived at home, I decided to wash away the insects. After ~30 Min. I wanted to drive the Diablo in it the garage.

When I started the engine, I heard was a strange noise directly behind my back. It sounded like a coil was buzzing. The RPM went up and down between 500 - 1000. Finally the engine turned off. A second try lead to the same result. I removed the battery switch, waited ~1 minute and put it back. Finally, the engine turned on :). The RPM still was fighting between 500 - 1000, but the buzzing noise was gone after some seconds and the RPM were getting more stable.

I currently don't have a bad feeling, because at the third try everything was more or less ok again. Did one of you ever observe such a behavior and is it something which I need to worry about?

Best regards
Schoppe

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Weird, it could be an electrical intermittent. I think I might start it, and wiggle every wire I could find around the coils, and plugs for starters.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rayman, thank you for the fast response. So the behavior is not "normal" (e. g. for Jaguar XJ12 it is a common problem that it doesn't turn on well if the engine is hot...). I had the feeling that it could be related to a thermal issue, but in any case it is a good idea to wiggle the cables next time I observe the issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only washed the front and didn't use much water. But anyhow: I made a test drive today and everything was workung great. I hope it will not happen again, but if it does I'll check the cables and record the noise. Thank you all, have a nice weekend!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts