Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always keep the fuel tank full and typically fill it before it is half. I heard it is the best practice but also keeps too much weight.

Any issues keeping low fuel e.g. at around one quarter? Does it effect fuel pressure? E.g. cause cylinder misfire or issues similar?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,584 Posts
I never let the gas tank go below half full either. Never heard about the weight of a full tank of gas being an issue.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,499 Posts
I usually fill mine up once it goes just below half.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,584 Posts
Probably doesn't apply to our relatively new cars but sediment can form at the bottom of the tank and the sediment could wind up getting into your fuel pump and damage it. Sediment is generally not an issue if you keep it above a quarter of a tank. Actually it's that potential problem that is most concerning to me.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I usually wait till the light comes on. FYI once the distance to empty gets less than 40 it goes blank. At least I think it's 40, it does go blank. It should show a dude walking with a gas can.

·
Registered
2020 Huracan Evo with Heffner Twin Turbo
84 Posts
I always keep the fuel tank full and typically fill it before it is half. I heard it is the best practice but also keeps too much weight.

Any issues keeping low fuel e.g. at around one quarter? Does it effect fuel pressure? E.g. cause cylinder misfire or issues similar?
This is probably useless info - but I’m running twin turbo’s and somewhere around 1/3 of a tank or less I lose power and get all sorts of errors, but only on hard accelerations. It ‘could’ be fuel pressure, or just the contents of less fuel getting slammed to the back. Traction is everything to me so I prefer a full tank.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I usually wait till the light comes on. FYI once the distance to empty gets less than 40 it goes blank. At least I think it's 40, it does go blank. It should show a dude walking with a gas can.
Haven't noticed a dude with the gas can but I also drive past the light coming on. As a daily driver it would be annoying to refill at half tank.

What irritates me is the message asking if I want the Navigation to find the nearest gas station each time I start the H up.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Haven't noticed a dude with the gas can but I also drive past the light coming on. As a daily driver it would be annoying to refill at half tank.

What irritates me is the message asking if I want the Navigation to find the nearest gas station each time I start the H up.
That is kind of annoying. It's a good thing we have a dial and can turn if off easy enough. Imagine if you had to go thru that stupid touch screen. :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,584 Posts
It's been tough but I've slowly been coming to terms with the new infotainment. I liken it to ones acceptance of the loss of a limb over time. Eventually you have to move on but you never forget.
:giggle: It reminded me of "experts noticed a pattern in the experience of grief and they summarized this pattern as the “five stages of grief”, which are: denial and isolation, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. I guess you have reached the healthy stage of acceptance, good job!

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
:giggle: It reminded me of "experts noticed a pattern in the experience of grief and they summarized this pattern as the “five stages of grief”, which are: denial and isolation, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. I guess you have reached the healthy stage of acceptance, good job!
I'll go with a combo: depressed acceptance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts