Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm struggling to find something that will work with my ceiling, I'm hoping the community here has some suggestions. My garage ceiling is pretty low, just shy of 9 feet. I'm looking for a decent lift I could fit in there that will allow me to work on my Gallardo, as well as allow storage for my multiple motorcycles underneath. anybody in a similar situation have any suggestions?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bendpak makes an affordable, low ceiling 4 post lift. HD-9 is the model with 88” posts.
I hired Millenium Automotive Equipment to install a BendPak HD-9 last week for me (though it has installation issues at the moment). I ordered it directly from BendPak and shipped it to a local ABF depot for pick up (in hindsight, I would not recommend picking it up given its weight and length). I have 10.75" ceilings, but the two post options were not valid because of the concrete thickness and stress crack locations and the ceiling height. The 4 post lift is more flexible because it is movable and doesn't require permanent mounting in most circumstances. You can use a rolling jack that attaches between the runways if lifting the vehicle higher while on the lift is necessary. I chose BendPak because the customer service is excellent and I have a QuickJack EXT5000 that has been trouble-free.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've looked at that Bendpak one before, but I think since im wanting to use it for maintenance as well as storage I want to be able to do wheels off.
I'm not a personal fan of two posts lifts for storage. I know many do, but I use them for maintenance items only. A four post lift for storage with a set of quick jacks on the side is my ideal setup. Bendpak offers a 106.5" two post, but I am sure that will be right up against the ceiling.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm in the same boat with the ceiling height not high enough for 2 cars, the only option for me is to demolish the old garage and rebuild it higher to fit a 4 post.
This has also been an option i've looked at. Not really demolishing it as the house sits on top of the garage, but building a garage expansion that I'd use.. Id like to avoid that if I can, but it seems the older I get the more toys I collect and I may end up having to do it anyway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not a personal fan of two posts lifts for storage. I know many do, but I use them for maintenance items only. A four post lift for storage with a set of quick jacks on the side is my ideal setup. Bendpak offers a 106.5" two post, but I am sure that will be right up against the ceiling.
Thats a great idea.. I hadn't thought about combining different lifts yet. The MaxJax would work in theory. To be perfect, I need just a bit more lift height. Two of my motorcycles would be able to fit under it, but I have a 3rd that would have some issues..

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
This has also been an option i've looked at. Not really demolishing it as the house sits on top of the garage, but building a garage expansion that I'd use.. Id like to avoid that if I can, but it seems the older I get the more toys I collect and I may end up having to do it anyway.
I have an old detached garage. It's still a big expensive endeavor to rebuild. I wonder how much it would cost, 50K, 75K or more?

I plan for the mean time to keep one sports car in the driveway in the summer, the other in the garage and one of them in a storage place in the winter.

If it's only for motorcycles could you build a shed?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I have an old detached garage. It's still a big expensive endeavor to rebuild. I wonder how much it would cost, 50K, 75K or more?

I plan for the mean time to keep one sports car in the driveway in the summer, the other in the garage and one of them in a storage place in the winter.

If it's only for motorcycles could you build a shed?
If the garage you want is detached… I would look at a steel building. They go up fast(pre-fabbed), no rotting, no wood studs. However, you pay up if you want it to be a year round workshop, as insulation and heating will cost extra.

this is sort of whatI’m talking about

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
If the garage you want is detached… I would look at a steel building. They go up fast(pre-fabbed), no rotting, no wood studs. However, you pay up if you want it to be a year round workshop, as insulation and heating will cost extra.

this is sort of whatI’m talking about

$20k for a steel garage sounds like a steal :) In here, concrete floor is at least $25k plus $40k garage for a total cost of an entry Porsche.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts