Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These were not stolen and I didn't hear them come off. Both on the rear. Anyone else had this happen. With the new ones I'm going to clean the surface rust and use hi temp silicone so it doesn't happen again.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,541 Posts
That is strange, first time I’ve heard of this. I don’t even know how you would take them off if you wanted to, however they do seem to have some movement.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Super Moderator
3,190 Posts
This is really a thing. I lost one before as well. Pretty sure I ordered from Glenn and he sent it pretty quick. Really have no idea how it happened.

·
Registered
442 Posts
That is strange, first time I’ve heard of this. I don’t even know how you would take them off if you wanted to, however they do seem to have some movement.
Same here. Odd that both rear caps came off at the same time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same here as it happened to you? For clarification mine came off a few days apart. I live close to Vegas. So I can only think it's heat related or something I guess. Got some hi-temp black silicon I will be using this time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you AMH parts. I already ordered and received a set.

SOLVED: I went and took my index finger and brushed upwards on the front two and they easily move within the wheel. To my surprise I barely put a fingernail and they fell off. Looks like the plastic tabs that grips inside gets weak and moves inwards. As the new ones snapped in and don't budge. I took the front two and gently moved the plastic retainers outwards for more tension. I then put a light bead of black silicone on the outer edge.

I would recommend doing the finger test to see if you have movement in your Huracans. They should NOT be able to move. If you do please report back. Hope this helps some.

Reactions: AMHParts

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,541 Posts
All 4 of mine have slight movement. Couldn't pop them off with my fingernail, I wonder if I should be concerned. I might just put a bead of clear silicone around the perimeter to be safe.

Reactions: AMHParts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 3 RS has center locks and it still has a cover cap.

·
Registered
976 Posts
One a different note...my center caps delaminated in a period of only 2 years. I bough ta new set ( $500 AUD )
I was wondering could of it been from the snow washing???

·
Registered
442 Posts
Same here as it happened to you? For clarification mine came off a few days apart. I live close to Vegas. So I can only think it's heat related or something I guess. Got some hi-temp black silicon I will be using this time.
Sorry same here as in this is the first time Ive heard of it. My 4 are all secure

1 - 13 of 13 Posts