Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Diablo 2WD 1996

I've recently had a new complete clutch assembly fitted approx 500 miles ago. Anyhow, as things go, took diablo out for a spin next thing I know its lost drive! engine remained running, no overheating or anything. It will engage in every gear but will not propel car forward whatsoever.
Checked car yesterday thinking it's probably the clutch linkage located underneath the car that's snapped or broken. but no it's intact & fully functioning.
I've jacked the car up from the rear & raised the rear, started the car & stuck it in 1st & 2nd gear & the rear wheels stil refuse to turn suggesting that maybe the driveshaft or maybe the crown & pinion have snapped or broken? possibly the bell housing?
Anyone out there had any similar problems with their Diablo? Comments would be appreciated & welcome...
Cure would be even better but difficult to say until problem specifically diagnosed.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
If you put your foot down and let go and it feels normal ? then it is the clutch release bearing stuck on the shaft. Engine out again I am afraid !! :eek:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I broke the primary shaft and i had the same problem... You can see the shaft on the side of the engine.. You could put the car in gear and still push it along...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts