Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very angry: 1 month after my 1500 mile check up this happened. I had asked for all recalls to be done and I was assured they were. Wasn't the loose screw failure a recall item? Has anyone had experience getting the paint repaired by Lamborghini under warranty? :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see it was a recall item.

Yeah I saw a post or two, I just am pissed that I just experienced this after I had the car at a dealer in August 2005. It seems I should have no trouble having the factory pick up the tab for the paint job.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
which dealer has screwed up THIS time...? For the price of the cars and servicing, WHY can't these dealers clean up their acts and do their jobs properly? Absolutely no excuse for someones car to experience damage like this.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
For the price of the cars and servicing, WHY can't these dealers clean up their acts and do their jobs properly?
Because they don't want to hire experienced techs! because they want real money and simply dot every i and cross every T and pass the paperwork along!!! It's not about real work or thourough inspection (= lack of respect of owners)!!

Do you realize that the best Techs know more than the Service Managers!?!?! and get paid less!!

Ferrari of Houston actualy told me about 8 yrs ago from Sid Simpson (General Manager, friend and now retiired) direct from Josespi Risi's (OWNER of FoH) mouth that I knew too much about the cars and could cause problems with their bottom line, if I catered to the customers instead of the Co.'s wishes & wants!!! I saw the head Tech from Lod, plug in Their Magic Diagnostic Box at the Texas Running of the Bulls 03 and not even know how to turn it on!!! I had to help him because he'd been working on Lambo's for a month or maybe a few weeks!! Don't believe me ask WHB!!!

So there is your answer!

·
Banned
183 Posts
What the F**K is up with these 200K + per car Dealers? You'd think they would be above such low class bulls**t penny pinching over a 200K+ car. This s**t just burns my noodle...Why we need People like Roy to own the Lamborghini dealerships...Selling Lamborghini's should be a privelage, not a right to rape it's customers of every last nickel.....I'd expect things like this from a used car dealer in Mississipi...But Goddam*... I guess we can just look at a large percentage of millionares, who rob people for there wealth...If this planet goes in a nuclear hollocaust anytime soon, it wouldn't be undeserved.

·
Banned
183 Posts
What the F**K is up with these 200K + per car Dealers? You'd think they would be above such low class bulls**t penny pinching over a 200K+ car. This s**t just burns my noodle...Why we need People like Roy to own the Lamborghini dealerships...Selling Lamborghini's should be a privelage, not a right to rape it's customers of every last nickel.....I'd expect things like this from a used car dealer in Mississipi...But Goddam*... We didn't make our millions to have it leeched away by lecherous swine...

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Serpentine,

First I agree with you but try to calm down some ;)

Lamborghini is in a serious period of growth and will definately have growing pains. There were about a dozen real Lamborghini Mechanics before this expansion and most of them owned there own shops, so Lambo is filling this void created by expansion with any tech they can find from other makes, that are just used to running around the cars and running up Flat Rate Hours. The second problem is a new Generation of owners that want their cars back FAST.

Wellllll.........working FAST on cars like Lamborghinis (with inexperienced techs) has never been possible in the past and it's probably not a good idea now. But working slow and careful eats into a Dealers Bottom Line.

So when you combine inexperience with hurry up service the above is what you get.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I had the same problem with my car. It was after the recall too. It seems the new screws weren't the right size and had to be replaced again. The buttress was repainted at no cost to me. It seems it wasn't the dealer's fault.

BTW, I've found the best way to handle dealers (or pretty much anyone else in life) is to be friendly and acknowledge the difficult job they do. They seem to respond better to being treated as professionals than fools.

Here's my old post

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/showthread.php?p=17895#post17895

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lambo is working on it, per interview in (Forbes, I think..)

I read an article a couple months ago, that interviewed the president of Lambo. The most interesting thing he said, was that the customer base and demands of their customers had changed with the Gallardo. In summary, he said that prior to the G car, most Lambo customers would use their cars for a coupe thousand miles max a year, so a 2 year warranty would cover Lambo. With the G car, he said that people use them to drive to work, and that lambo, as a company, has to do better to service this new customer base. So, to your point, they are working on it.
I just wish there was a little more luggage space so one could actually use it from more than a weekend car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
yetis said:
I just wish there was a little more luggage space so one could actually use it from more than a weekend car.
Fair comment. But you have to forget everything you previously knew about "packing for that long weekend" and figure how to "pack light". It's a whole new brave world, and certainly the biggest challenge is getting the message across the your "other half".

This weekend (we'll be away for 5 days) in Australia, is the Noosa Beach Car Classic event, on Queensland's Sunshine Coast. Sort of a low key, relaxed, car enthusiasts event covering everything imaginable in cars, old and new, with a beach atmosphere, and geat holiday location. This year Lamborghini is the "featured marque" and is looking like being the largest gathering of Lamborghini's ever, in Australia. So, we are starting packing this evening - should take about 10 minutes! But when it comes down to it, you don't really need much - no one is going to be looking at you :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts