Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, Last week I received my car back from a clutch renewal. Now I have an issue with error p0118 engine coolant temperature sensor 1 to high. I also did find to loose cables. Can that be the problem? Or is this normal? We're should the go to? Thanks
White Car Motor vehicle Black Vehicle

·
Registered
2013 Gallardo - Final Edition
209 Posts
So frustrating.. that is why I try to do as much as I can to avoid things like this. A clutch job is out of my league and things like this are always my fear because people just don't care most of the times and they rush the jobs just to get them out of the way quickly. Hopefully you can figure it out, it is probably as simple as bleeding the system or topping it off with more coolant

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So frustrating.. that is why I try to do as much as I can to avoid things like this. A clutch job is out of my league and things like this are always my fear because people just don't care most of the times and they rush the jobs just to get them out of the way quickly. Hopefully you can figure it out, it is probably as simple as bleeding the system or topping it off with more coolant
Coolant was far below minimum so I filled it with a liter of coolant in order to get it back on level. Still the error pops up after erasing it. I have to dive into the bleeding procedure tomorrow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A little further now. After the start the ETC temperature shortly drops to -30 degrees. After that it comes up correctly. Could this be solved with a coolant bleeding?
Telephony Communication Device Portable communications device Measuring instrument Font

·
Registered
2013 Gallardo - Final Edition
209 Posts
Seems like might be an electrical issue. Your best bet would be having the people who did your clutch take a look at it and fix the problem

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Problem solved! After looking analysing and trying I did found out that the connector Left coolant temperature behind de engine was loose. Refitted this connector to the sensor. Probably this connector was not clicked correctly since last year's service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.