Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Kinda assumed they would drop the V10 when Audi said they were phasing out ICE. I for one am not excited about a potential TT V8 Huracan replacement.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The cars get faster no doubt. But more neutered. I hope to hold onto my current H and add the replacement pending it is a great H successor which it likely will be.

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,646 Posts
The STO will stretch into end of 2022, they'll probably be a final edition Huracan for 2023 so there's not that much time left and it's very likely the later cars will get a GPF.

Good time to buy a Performante or STO and keep it forever.

·
Registered
93 Posts
So the releases over the next few years are going to look something like this?

2021 - Countach Tribute Coupe, Aventador SJ final edition Coupe + Roadster, new Huracan Super Trofeo GT3 race car as teased a few weeks ago
2022 - Urus performance facelift version, (highly unlikely but not impossible: Countach Tribute Roadster? Huracan STO Roadster?)
2023 - Urus hybrid, Huracan final edition Coupe + Spyder, Aventador hybrid successor Coupe + Roadster
2024 - Huracan successor Coupe + Spyder
2025 - new 2+2 or 4door electric GT model?

Coupe & Spyder/Roadster versions may be released 6-12 months apart but overall I think this could be pretty accurate, any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
No, the model releases will be much tighter. Winklemann mentioned they don't have much time left to squeeze out the models so likely scenario:

Aventador SJ will end production end of next year. They're only building around 800 cars total and production is starting soon. My guess is the roadster will end by next summer so they can retool for the replacement which will arrive probably Q3 of 2023.

There is no STO spyder, the STO production will last to the end of 2022 and we'll probably see a limited run final edition Huracan for 2023 with the replacement coming out in 2024.

Countach Tribute might be around a 100 cars so it'll last as long as the SJ production.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I could see myself potentially go for an STO. To me it’s just doing everything I love about cars outside of having a manual transmission: V10, RWD, great looks, proper tech, and picturing what that roof scoop adds to the sound and overall experience....perfection.

Reactions: AzusilApps

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good time to buy a Performante or STO and keep it forever.
I was pondering what I could replace the Perf with in the future. Sounds like I am better off just keeping it. I really can’t find anything in this price range that gives me what it does…open top driving bliss

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,407 Posts
This is the third thread on this topic that has been started. My 2022 EVO will be a keeper!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was pondering what I could replace the Perf with in the future. Sounds like I am better off just keeping it. I really can’t find anything in this price range that gives me what it does…open top driving bliss
yeah you have a great combo. If anything I’d keep the viper if you did want another experience as it has the NA V10 and stick; albeit different way of arriving at the power. What do you find yourself enjoying more?

·
Registered
209 Posts
yeah you have a great combo. If anything I’d keep the viper if you did want another experience as it has the NA V10 and stick; albeit different way of arriving at the power. What do you find yourself enjoying more?
Yes the ACR is definitely a keeper. I definitely drive the Perf more. It’s a lot more useable for driving around town based on how I use it. I try and get the ACR out at least a few times a month and it’s always a treat. I need that 3 pedal fix :)

Tough to say which one I enjoy more. They are both incredible in their own unique way. I love being able to switch off and get completely different driving experiences.

Do you miss your TA?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Sure a hybrid V8 will give you a 2.5sec 0-60 time but who really cares. I bet they'll add some driving aids on the replacement as well so you can drive the damn thing on autopilot.

Don't make the mistake by selling your V10's, you'll regret it.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,817 Posts
This is the third thread on this topic that has been started. My 2022 EVO will be a keeper!
Yes, that is the way I am reading it right now.

·
Registered
136 Posts
What’s a better buy and hold, a 2022 EVO AWD or RWD?

From what I’ve read I’m thinking RWD might be a more unique driving experience in the electric future and probably the best tribute to the classic Lamborghini supercar feel.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,407 Posts
What’s a better buy and hold, a 2022 EVO AWD or RWD?

From what I’ve read I’m thinking RWD might be a more unique driving experience in the electric future and probably the best tribute to the classic Lamborghini supercar feel.
Both are great cars but the RWD is exciting, raw, and untamed, and to me at least, a fitting tribute to the Lamborghini ethos. One other thing, this recent Lamborghini announcement regarding electrification is probably going to cause a run on the allocations for both the AWD and the RWD EVOs so, if you are so inclined, I would not wait too long to pull the trigger. I will go one step further, given this announcement I wouldn't be surprised if the Lamborghini dealerships start slapping ADMs on the EVO orders........heck, I hope not but times they are a changing.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Both are great cars but the RWD is exciting, raw, and untamed, and to me at least, a fitting tribute to the Lamborghini ethos. One other thing, this recent Lamborghini announcement regarding electrification is probably going to cause a run on the allocations for both the AWD and the RWD EVOs so, if you are so inclined, I would not wait too long to pull the trigger. I will go one step further, given this announcement I wouldn't be surprised if the Lamborghini dealerships start slapping ADMs on the EVO orders........heck, I hope not but times they are a changing.
Albert i bet you right About ADM .....it’s there chance to make a extra $$$$.

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On your guys purchase contract did they list a price? Mine doesnt since they said Lambo hasn't officially set 2022 prices yet. So it says MSRP and then they added minus the discount amount they gave me

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As for AWD or RWD I go with AWD so I can push car closer to it's limits. Good chance I will be supercharging this car and that really make AWD a must. Also this is my first car with RWS and I'm hooked on it. I do a lot of twisty back road drives and have never had so much fun doing them in this car

1 - 20 of 46 Posts