Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
The video does a pretty good job of showing us what we can expect. Warranty or not I think I would have go with an aftermarket system.
It would be an unacceptable situation (for me) to spend so much on an STO if it’s a step backwards in sound from the base models that preceded it. I expect more and better sound from a hardcore model like the STO, not less. Let’s see what happens....

·
Registered
252 Posts
I’m in line for a 22 STO. At some point I’ll need to commit, perhaps before knowing about the GPF.

So what to do about it? Cancel my order? (no), live with it (maybe). Aftermarket? (Probably).

Do I roll the dice knowing it could void the warranty? (maybe not the first year).

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,096 Posts
I’m in line for a 22 STO. At some point I’ll need to commit, perhaps before knowing about the GPF.

So what to do about it? Cancel my order? (no), live with it (maybe). Aftermarket? (Probably).

Do I roll the dice knowing it could void the warranty? (maybe not the first year).
Have you asked the dealership to see if they would make the sale contingent on the STO not having a GPF? See post #31.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Have you asked the dealership to see if they would make the sale contingent on the STO not having a GPF? See post #31.
I did. I’m just not sure how that would play out with a really off spec car, meaning the dealer would be left holding the bag and the prospective owner who waited so long would get nothing. Not that I’m planning to do anything crazy, just hypothetically.

I‘m more inclined to take my chances and deal with the consequences of a GPF per my above post. If not, I’d almost be better off canceling my order and looking for something else.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,096 Posts
What is interesting to me, in the post by @Scrappy, being new to the supercar realm with the 2019 Audi Performance R8:
1. that the 2019 Audi already has the GPF
2. the 2019 Audi had higher specs than the 2021 EVO RWD

Lastly, although no surprise, Mr JWW does do very excellent, informative, and worthwhile videos. Although, I enjoy Chris Harris' videos his are blatant brand advocacy especially with Porsche.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,883 Posts
I did. I’m just not sure how that would play out with a really off spec car, meaning the dealer would be left holding the bag and the prospective owner who waited so long would get nothing. Not that I’m planning to do anything crazy, just hypothetically.

I‘m more inclined to take my chances and deal with the consequences of a GPF per my above post. If not, I’d almost be better off canceling my order and looking for something else.
My dealer laughed when I brought up the subject of the GPF, and asked if they would be willing to assure me that my 2021 would not have it. He simply said that is was possible given the fact that all the Ferraris he had on the showroom floor already had it. It is just surprising to me that no one has any concrete information on this thing. Somebody knows exactly when the US will get it.

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
177 Posts
Read the WSJ article. It includes interviews with Lamborghini C suite people...

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
What is interesting to me, in the post by @Scrappy, being new to the supercar realm with the 2019 Audi Performance R8:
1. that the 2019 Audi already has the GPF
2. the 2019 Audi had higher specs than the 2021 EVO RWD

Lastly, although no surprise, Mr JWW does do very excellent, informative, and worthwhile videos. Although, I enjoy Chris Harris' videos his are blatant brand advocacy especially with Porsche.
U.S R8's don't have the GPF

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,221 Posts
The thing that concerns me is Chinese H's have GPF so we know HQ has already spent money on producing a GPF for the H which means they can easily add it to the production line for all the markets. If or when that happens is anyone's guess.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,096 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,883 Posts
With the wave of new electric cars coming I can’t see why they don’t just leave it alone. I guess things like theNew Green Deal could impose even further restrictions.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
While I don't like the way we are going with things like GPF it may be what is required for us to keep enjoying our ICE cars a little longer

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,096 Posts
The comments made and the apparent trend again reinforces the need to keep our non-GPF variants. One other thing, I have changed so many cars over the past 3 years I want to start holding on to some of them. So, in essence, the music stopped and I grabbed a seat..........an EVO Sport Seat. ;) May the force non-GPF vehicles be with us.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The comments made and the apparent trend again reinforces the need to keep our non-GPF variants. One other thing, I have changed so many cars over the past 3 years I want to start holding on to some of them. So, in essence, the music stopped and I grabbed a seat..........an EVO Sport Seat. ;) May the force non-GPF vehicles be with us.
Wholeheartedly agree. In my opinion, the 2015-2020 era represents peak supercar.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,096 Posts
Wholeheartedly agree. In my opinion, the 2015-2020 era represents peak supercar.
I regret to say, sad but true. We have, unfortunately, witnessed the vilification of fossil fuel at the altar of political expediency.

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,221 Posts
The thing is, the green agenda in the US will be pushed hard this year and will most likely align itself with EU green/emission policies. If GPF is a deal breaker and you want to play it safe I would get an early STO slot. If AdP is pushing your build to end of the year or next drop the AdP and get a spec you can get early delivery on.

In the meantime keep an eye on the EPA and CARB website. Lamborghini hasn't received EPA cerfication for the STO yet but it should be posted by April. It'll be grouped with the EVO so we'll get a better idea if all STO's and H's coming to NA for MY22 will have GPF.

·
Registered
Huracan Performante TT
1,158 Posts
If we get it I will just replace it with the Akro exhaust from Lambo. It will cover the warranty

·
Premium Member
15,883 Posts
I believe it’s already available in Europe.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts