Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
177 Posts
There was a WSJ article about this a few months ago... I’ll try to find it...

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,100 Posts
Okay that's better, so now if or when we sell the EVO the advert will read "GPF free 2021 EVO for Sale".

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,890 Posts
I would like to know more about where exactly is this filter, and could it even be removed if you wanted to? I know it screws up the sound and creates back pressure, so it’s in the exhaust system somewhere, where?

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,223 Posts
The V10 probably has a couple years left before it gets replaced so my guess is Lamborghini will try to keep the engine GPF free for markets outside of China as long as possible.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would like to know more about where exactly is this filter, and could it even be removed if you wanted to? I know it screws up the sound and creates back pressure, so it’s in the exhaust system somewhere, where?
It would involve substantially replacing the entire exhaust system. The attached photo was uploaded into another thread. You can see the how integrated the OPFs (large canisters) are.

IMG_0997.jpg

·
Premium Member
15,890 Posts
Oh my, that is a lot more than I thought! It’s certainly is no small deal. It would basically require a complete exhaust system replacement.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The V10 probably has a couple years left before it gets replaced so my guess is Lamborghini will try to keep the engine GPF free for markets outside of China as long as possible.
I agree and do hope that the Huracan V10 stays GPF-free as long as possible. What about the next upcoming V12 variants (final Aventador model or successor)? Will a GPF be fitted right from the start or could there be hope of a few non-GPF models until the filter hits for all? If it's really as bad as everyone says then sticking to a used SV/SVJ instead of a new V12 model might not be a bad idea.

Reactions: Huracaan

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Aventador replacement will most likely get a GPF even though it'll be a hybrid. I also suspect the V8 hybrid engine that will end up in the Huracan replacement will get a GPF. I strongly believe the SVJ and STO are the last of the NA engines and even though the A replacement will be mindbogglingly quick it won't be a NA V12, most likely it'll be a detuned V12 with the hybrid producing most of the power output. And it sure won't be as loud as the current V12's.

Bottom line is emission regulations are getting stricter Globally so there's no way Lamborghini will be able to skirt the rules much longer. The fact that so many manufacturers (GM, Ford, etc..) are announcing they're going full electric by end of decade just puts added pressure on VW to follow suit which means everything under the VW umbrella will be heading towards zero emissions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My car is production june 2021, so I am really anxious. I WILL NOT be happy if the car that is delivered to me doesn't sound the way the demo car I drove did. They promised me it will though. But still it really is nervewrecking, as the sound is a vital key to the enjoyment of this car, is what sets it apart from the competing brands, and honestly nearly the sole reason I bought it. This uncertainty is killig me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I took the precaution of adding my own notes as regards GPF on my order.... dealer was happy to sign it.. ( due Sep '21)

I think the idea of Lambo issuing a recall to retrofit GPF's is just not going to happen.

Either these vehicles are being manufactured and sold compliant with the current regs or they are not...

Assuming they are at the moment, then end of story.

No two ways about it though, GPF's are coming and unless Lambo can engineer it so that the exhaust still sounds great with a GPF.... this is going to hurt Lambo sales - it's obviously a deal-breaker for some - me included.

My dealer did mention that the current UK Urus has a GPF fitted and there have been complaints about noise, but that was more about the sound GPF makes during regen.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
What would you rather have, a NA V10 with a GPF or a V8 turbo? I understand GPF is a deal breaker for a lot of you but the reality is if you want a NA V10 and a NA V12 you have to make a sacrifice at some point. Lamborghini can't keep skirting emission regulations.

The only confirmed information we have right now is China is getting GPF's. Whether or not that trickles down to every market it remains to be seen. I guess we'll have to wait until Spring/Summer when cars start arriving at dealers.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,100 Posts
No two ways about it though, GPF's are coming and unless Lambo can engineer it so that the exhaust still sounds great with a GPF.... this is going to hurt Lambo sales - it's obviously a deal-breaker for some - me included.
That is my feeling as well GPF = color me gone and never to return. Though, I guess as I have mentioned already its a good reason to keep our current non-GPF variants.

·
Premium Member
15,890 Posts
My car is production june 2021, so I am really anxious. I WILL NOT be happy if the car that is delivered to me doesn't sound the way the demo car I drove did. They promised me it will though. But still it really is nervewrecking, as the sound is a vital key to the enjoyment of this car, is what sets it apart from the competing brands, and honestly nearly the sole reason I bought it. This uncertainty is killig me.
Albert and I both just received our 2021 Huracan EVOs which are not equipped with a GPF. It has been my understanding that no 2021 models will have the GPF, so I don’t think you have anything to worry about unless perhaps your model year will be a 2022.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If there's any glimmer of hope it's the 812 GTS. Apparently it doesn't sound all that different from non-gpf 812. Perhaps the gpf was better integrated then other systems that were just tacked on existing systems.

The solution is probably to just switch to 100 cell cats, increasing volume and frequencies lost with GPF addition

·
Premium Member
15,890 Posts
I have a feeling doing anything to get rid of the GPF will most likely kill the warranty. Right now everything is just speculation, we will find out soon enough.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If there's any glimmer of hope it's the 812 GTS. Apparently it doesn't sound all that different from non-gpf 812. Perhaps the gpf was better integrated then other systems that were just tacked on existing systems.

The solution is probably to just switch to 100 cell cats, increasing volume and frequencies lost with GPF addition
Unfortunately it is noticeable as per JWW’s video starting at the 2:00 mark.

The OPFs would take something away when the objective of a car like the STO is actually to give more of it. Ferrari faces the same challenge with the 812 VS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Albert and I both just received our 2021 Huracan EVOs which are not equipped with a GPF. It has been my understanding that no 2021 models will have the GPF, so I don’t think you have anything to worry about unless perhaps your model year will be a 2022.
I don't know, production june could be MY22. I can only wait and bite my nails.

·
Premium Member
15,890 Posts
The video does a pretty good job of showing us what we can expect. Warranty or not I think I would have go with an aftermarket system.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts