Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, looking for a Diablo Roadster, Not picky on color just no yellow. No real high milage car, no re paint, not raced etc. Have no issue with a finders fee for the right car. PM me.

Thanks Ant

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi Ant,

I see your from Canada. Their is a light purple roadster for sale in Vancouver! You can see it on trader.ca

best of luck in finding one. I absolutely love mine!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,547 Posts
What is considered a "good" year(s), and mileage for a diablo when in the market? Any built in maintenance headaches, things to look for? It is a stunning car no doubt!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
97 to 99 Diablo Roadsters were short lived but a breed of their own. They are more streetable than the Merci, Try putting on the roof in the rain in a Merci, took me 15 minutes, felt like a kid playing with Lego. That’s why I want a Diablo, street drivable, easy to put the roof on and off. Maintenance to watch for, at about 20k miles, the headers seems to get small holes, need to be replaced. The issue is to do this, the engine needs to come out, no joke. Once out, you might as well do the clutch, throw out bearing, wires etc. 25k to 40k bill at least. So either buy a car done and pay for this service or budget for this, you know its coming.

·
Registered
904 Posts
97 to 99 Diablo Roadsters were short lived but a breed of their own. They are more streetable than the Merci, Try putting on the roof in the rain in a Merci, took me 15 minutes, felt like a kid playing with Lego. That’s why I want a Diablo, street drivable, easy to put the roof on and off. Maintenance to watch for, at about 20k miles, the headers seems to get small holes, need to be replaced. The issue is to do this, the engine needs to come out, no joke. Once out, you might as well do the clutch, throw out bearing, wires etc. 25k to 40k bill at least. So either buy a car done and pay for this service or budget for this, you know its coming.
I have owned a '99 Roadster for 7 years and can tell you my story.....first, why don't you want one in the top color of the Diablo era (Yellow)? Agree with you, the Murcielago Roadster was a piss-poor design. It takes maybe 3 minutes to get the Diablo top on by myself. The header issue is WAY overblown, and is propagated by mostly one guy on here (Shamille), who had a kind-of run down Roadster with 70k miles. My mechanic (who services 4-5 Roadsters) has never had to replace headers.

And even if you have a engine out need (my head gasket failure necessitated mine) you would only replace the clutch if you need to, not because the engine was out. I have spent $40k in maintenance over 7 years, but the appreciation has paid for every penny and should do so in the future.

Great, very special cars....you will love your ownership.

Reactions: Roadsterman

·
Premium Member
6,547 Posts
this place in NJ has one for sale that looks very nice. Beautiful spec as well Link below. The owner Steve is a cool guy also
Wow that sure looks very well maintained and the engine out service was already completed.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I will say Interstate knows these cars and is the best dealer for Diablos along with Curated IMO. They did make a mistake on the description, the interior is not snowcorn, which is an ugly tan color.

The price is high for what most feel is the least desirable configuration and has miles on it.....so it better be damn near perfect.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
To my eyes
That roadster looks great
Color, history and miles seems in line to market value.
Sure, you could shave some $$ off asking
But I would be proud to show this off

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have the twin to Interstate Diablo that is for sale. The color is amazing in the sun! Looks to be a good buy and a very honest car.

·
Premium Member
6,547 Posts
I have the twin to Interstate Diablo that is for sale. The color is amazing in the sun! Looks to be a good buy and a very honest car.
Pictures?

·
Registered
504 Posts
just check out @RyFips on instagram. I have a ton of pics to view lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts