Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

First off, here is a little back story: Last week I became the proud owner of a 2006 Murcielago by way of the salvage auctions. The car is a little (well, a lot) worse for the wear. The driver's side is decent, relatively speaking, but the passenger side is in pretty rough shape. The car went underneath the safety wire in the highway median. As bad as it is, I think she's saveable and I fully intend to get her back on the road. (Yes, I know I'm crazy)

So that aside, here is where I am hoping you guys may be able to help me out- I am trying to get in contact with the previous owner. The car did not come with keys (I'm hoping and praying that the PO still has them or knows what happened to them), so that's my main motivation to get in contact. It would also be really helpful to get a service history for the car. I am guessing the previous owner was from the SE Pennsylvania area as the wreck occurred on Rt. 1 near Avondale, PA. The wreck happened in late February of this year. Exterior paint is Rosso Andromeda with a cream (Myron?) interior.

That is just about everything I know about the car. Any information you guys could provide would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here's a couple pictures. One from the car in my garage and one from the auction listing so that I can show a better view of the front.

I actually talked to the towing company last week, granted I did not ask about keys. I figured they would have given up the keys when they dropped the car off at the salvage auction, but I guess they might not have. I'll give them a call in the morning.

I also spent some time on the phone with the PA DMV. They suggested I fill out form DL-135 to request info. I did that and mailed it in last Wednesday. I have no idea how long that will take to process...

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase. It is an ambitious repair but not impossible either. If you need rear tail lights I do have an inexpensive set of OEM lights I can sell you. Message me and I can send you the details.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Nuvolari! PM sent.

Update on the keys- I talked to the towing company today. They said that they did not get the keys from PO when they towed the car, and as far as they knew the PO still has them. So it looks like I'm stuck waiting to hear back from the PA DMV...

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Thanks Nuvolari! PM sent.

Update on the keys- I talked to the towing company today. They said that they did not get the keys from PO when they towed the car, and as far as they knew the PO still has them. So it looks like I'm stuck waiting to hear back from the PA DMV...
be thankful it's not California DMV

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase. It is an ambitious repair but not impossible either. If you need rear tail lights I do have an inexpensive set of OEM lights I can sell you. Message me and I can send you the details.
I agree, you can rebuild her! Take you time and negotiate like hell before buying. Prices are all over the map. Ebay saved searches is your friend.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Glen from AHM (site sponsor) can get you a new cut key / fob for pretty cheap. You’d just have to tow the car to a dealer to have it programmed to the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quick update- I called the crash report unit. I was told that by PA state law, only the driver who was involved in the crash can access the crash report.

Looks like I'm still stuck waiting for the DMV at this point.

I'm not opposed to getting new keys made up- I'm guessing that's what I'm going to have to do. I'm hoping that a bit of patience pays off though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I remember someone posted a pic of the accident when it happened on Instagram. Owner was an older guy standing next to the car. im trying to find the post to see if anyone tagged the owner.

Anthony

·
Registered
85 Posts
Could this be your car? If it sold, he may have a lead on buyer.

Edit. Confirmed vin on auction site. That's your car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts