Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still looking for a nice LP640 Coupe. Getting frustrated cause I just want to buy one already, especially before my wife changes her mind. Looking for a nicely optioned well taken care of car. Miles between 15-20k are OK for me as long as it was treated well. I'm trying to stay away from the brighter colors like yellow and orange. E-gear only since that's what my budget will allow (unless someone wants to be real nice to me for Christmas) Trying to stay within or around $180k give or take.
Ive watched the market for a while now, and it hasn't moved much as far as the cars that are for sale. . Kind of hoping maybe a private seller is lurking here that hasn't listed their car yet.

Thanks,
Ant

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Still looking for a nice LP640 Coupe. Getting frustrated cause I just want to buy one already, especially before my wife changes her mind. Looking for a nicely optioned well taken care of car. Miles between 15-20k are OK for me as long as it was treated well. I'm trying to stay away from the brighter colors like yellow and orange. E-gear only since that's what my budget will allow (unless someone wants to be real nice to me for Christmas) Trying to stay within or around $180k give or take.
Ive watched the market for a while now, and it hasn't moved much as far as the cars that are for sale. . Kind of hoping maybe a private seller is lurking here that hasn't listed their car yet.

Thanks,
Ant
What do you mean by the market hasn't moved much? Are you saying there are cars you want at too high a price, but they are not selling, and the sellers won't come down in price? Or are you saying there are no cars that match your criteria, and none are coming to market? You criteria seems pretty easy to hit.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know my criteria isn’t that hard to hit. That’s why I’m surprised I don’t own one yet. What I meant was that it’s been the same cars for sale for a while with nothing really new coming up for sale. It’s mostly roadsters or brightly colored cars or cars that are out of my budget. When I first started looking there were nice cars for sale and they kept coming. I had to sell one of my cars to make room in my garage so I couldn’t pull the trigger on one. Now that I sold a car and I have the garage space there hasn’t been anything that fits what I want.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,369 Posts
You probably saw these two LP640s on CarGurus although there is no price listed (one is incoming) they are higher mileage cars, and may be in your desired price range. I would call and see if the pricing is ballpark.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Don't settle wait for the right one to come up.

·
Registered
2007 LP640 Balloon White
162 Posts
The '07 listed above is a Manual car, will likely be 2X his budget. The other is a roadster. There's a new white '08 with good options, asking price is higher than you want but you get what you negotiate sometimes :) New & Used Cars at Lamborghini Sarasota, FL, New & Used Inventory. It's at a dealer so in theory anything the car needs (or is uncovered in a PPI) will be done prior to your purchase. Good luck my man, persistence will pay off.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,369 Posts
I was reading were the 2008 LP640s were going for 350K +/- when new. It appears that they have held their value quite well.......Lamborghini brand is all new to me so I'm learning as I go.

·
Registered
45 Posts
There’s only about 1,150 LP640 coupe’s worldwide. Just FYI. Lambo Miami has a nice black i considered buying. It’s only 5k miles and in excellent condition. You will love the car, I love mine and will go drive it in a few minutes. Good luck!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There’s only about 1,150 LP640 coupe’s worldwide. Just FYI. Lambo Miami has a nice black i considered buying. It’s only 5k miles and in excellent condition. You will love the car, I love mine and will go drive it in a few minutes. Good luck!
Oh I know. I’ve driven many and I love them. I’ve looked at that one in Miami. It’s very nice. It’s still an option for me but my least desired color so I’m still willing to wait it out. If nothing comes up kinda soon I’ll probably end up making an offer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh I know. I’ve driven many and I love them. I’ve looked at that one in Miami. It’s very nice. It’s still an option for me but my least desired color so I’m still willing to wait it out. If nothing comes up kinda soon I’ll probably end up making an offer.
Gorgeous in person! My last 2 lambo’s were black and I deeply regret selling my last one!

My favorite part of the process.....the hunt
Yes! I would be losing my mind if I let my VI slip.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'll tell you this much..... the prices are going up on the LP's. So the longer you wait the more you'll end up paying. That LP is absolutely gorgeous. If you make an offer I'm curious to see what they'd say since it's so low on miles. When I picked mine up 2 years ago they were roughly around 170k or so.... I've seen them climb about 20k plus minus. Good luck on your hunt just don't wait too long or it'll get worse if you ask me.

Reactions: spdracer888

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll tell you this much..... the prices are going up on the LP's. So the longer you wait the more you'll end up paying. That LP is absolutely gorgeous. If you make an offer I'm curious to see what they'd say since it's so low on miles. When I picked mine up 2 years ago they were roughly around 170k or so.... I've seen them climb about 20k plus minus. Good luck on your hunt just don't wait too long or it'll get worse if you ask me.
Yea. I’ve already seen this. I thought it was just because the cars that are around are low mileage etc etc. I’ve been watching for a while. I was in the process of buying one back in March and then covid hit so I backed out. Every once in a while tho I see a good one come along within my budget but they usually aren’t the color I want or it gets bought up pretty quick. I guess I can’t be too picky with them nowadays. One thing I do notice is that the ones that are for sale that are high priced have been for sale for months and months. I wonder how long are these dealers really gonna hold out with their crazy asking prices. L Dallas has a nice black one for sale now but it’s kinda light on the options and I think that’s one reason why they still have it after it being listed for over 2 months. Their cars usually sell pretty fast.

·
Registered
2007 LP640 Balloon White
162 Posts
Why not offer under $200K on the Balloon White car in FL I mentioned earlier? They are at $208K, anything under $200K on that car would be a fair price IMO.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why not offer under $200K on the Balloon White car in FL I mentioned earlier? They are at $208K, anything under $200K on that car would be a fair price IMO.
I was thinking about it. I spoke with them and asked them to send me any maintenance history on the car and they stopped responding after that. That kinda made me think twice about it. I think since it was just listed a few days ago they probably wont accept any offers even close to my budget. I guess the worst they could say is no. Im still waiting on some history tho.

Ant

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
there is a nice yellow one on ebay. i know you said no yellow looks like a great car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was thinking about it. I spoke with them and asked them to send me any maintenance history on the car and they stopped responding after that. That kinda made me think twice about it. I think since it was just listed a few days ago they probably wont accept any offers even close to my budget. I guess the worst they could say is no. Im still waiting on some history tho.

Ant
I would just do a PPI. A clean maintenance record means nothing if the car was abused. PPI will tell you all the small stuff. My PPI came back with about 10k of work needed but made car perfect.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I would just do a PPI. A clean maintenance record means nothing if the car was abused. PPI will tell you all the small stuff. My PPI came back with about 10k of work needed but made car perfect.
Agreed
i would check maintenance to know when did the car have service and what's the snap on the clutch

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I have a 07 Pearl Yellow inbound. 14k miles.
fully serviced and will be ready to go.
I would pre-advertising price it at $198k

Roy Cats

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh absolutely I wont buy a car without having a PPI done. I was more concerned that after i asked for any records they stopped talking to me thats shady to me..

I have a 07 Pearl Yellow inbound. 14k miles.
fully serviced and will be ready to go.
I would pre-advertising price it at $198k

Roy Cats
Sorry Roy trying to stay away from the brighter yellows and orange cars. Plus its a little above my budget. My two top color choices are White ( balloon or Isis) and Grigio Telesto. We have spoke before but the cars you offered me were just out of my budget. I really gotta stick to my budget cause like i said Wifey is watching me now. I have too many toys already and shes not happy about this one so thats my dilemma

Anthony

1 - 20 of 34 Posts