Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Among the slew of Diablo parts I purchased from my car's restorer in addition to the car (most of which I won't be using), I did not see rear license plate mounts for the body.
Also, as I mentioned in another thread, I am looking to redo the exhaust exit from the grill between the taillights. I will have two round exits rather than the rectangular one.

I know some folks have had their rear grill custom made to mimic the SV or other. Would anyone happen to have a 3D scan of the rear grill and frame? Or even a rear grill already made they'd like to sell, maybe I could modify it? The rear grill has a particular curve to it that is consistent with the whole rear end and looks great. The one in my car now does not follow the Diablo's lines quite well.
Also a close up pic of how the license plate mount looks and is configured, please? The only pic I have found was from BullStuff and it's poorly shown.

Attachments

Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
There is no 'mount' for the rear plate on an SV. Just two holes in the bumepr馃槴

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no 'mount' for the rear plate on an SV. Just two holes in the bumepr馃槴
That's good info, thank you. Must be the VT and earlier model that has the holes vertically with 90 degree bracket. When mine was painted he didn't want to put holes in the new rear bumper, apparently.

Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
That's good info, thank you. Must be the VT and earlier model that has the holes vertically with 90 degree bracket. When mine was painted he didn't want to put holes in the new rear bumper, apparently.
Now that you mention it, I think there is a bracket. My senile brain can't seem to recall even though I just put my plates on a few weeks ago. Just a short straight piece of steel that's bolted across the flat part of the bumper under the grill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts