Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Group, I am looking for a confirmed referral for a Shop to perform this conversion, from anyone who has made this change. I have my 2008 Gallardo Superleggera with E-gear and would like to covert to a Gated Manual.

If you know someone that has performed this or if you have yourself, please let me know your experiences.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
117 Posts
A smart machine shop could probably do a non-OEM conversion for quite reasonable expense. As a basic list you need clutch pedal assembly, shift cables, shift box, and control levers.

It's actually a simple mechanism, it will be the parts expense that's frustrating to get.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I believe Kyle at HiLine Exotics in Scottsdale/Phoenix did another member's conversion. Drew-something but cannot remember the full screen name.
Drew Zee or something like that. Although since he did his conversion, we haven't heard from him on the finished product. I hope he was able to get it done and working well.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Drew Zee or something like that. Although since he did his conversion, we haven't heard from him on the finished product. I hope he was able to get it done and working well.
Yes, it was me, and couldn’t be happier. I have been so swamped with work lately that I haven’t had time to post much. Contact Kyle at Highline European for more info. He did a perfect conversion, right down to deletion of the reverse button, removal of paddles, and all of the e-gear symbols on the dash. Will try to post pics when I get some free time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HadleyG

·
Premium Member
476 Posts

Reactions: TommyBalboni

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Another angle

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
And one more. No signs that this was EVER e-gear

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice Drew. I was waiting to see the finished product. Now we need to take advantage of this great Az weather and do a cruise.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Sounds great! Let me know when!

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
186 Posts
I got info from someone that did it and saw a copy of the receipt. Was about $20k just in parts from UGR. :oops:
The owner of the car had another shop do the labor for the install but I have no numbers on that part of it.

Hello Group, I am looking for a confirmed referral for a Shop to perform this conversion, from anyone who has made this change. I have my 2008 Gallardo Superleggera with E-gear and would like to covert to a Gated Manual.

If you know someone that has performed this or if you have yourself, please let me know your experiences.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Plumber, Thank you. I have received many estimates and it looks like you are correct. Its about 20-22K in OEM parts. There is another 8K in Labor. This is only the actuation of the Transmission, not the clutch or any other upgrades. There is software work and interior work to make it look factory. I am still considering it, but it is more than I was expecting.

I got info from someone that did it and saw a copy of the receipt. Was about $20k just in parts from UGR. :oops:
The owner of the car had another shop do the labor for the install but I have no numbers on that part of it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts