Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. A Friend of mine is looking at a car and Lamborghini of Dallas. I was wondering who you guys recommend as a sales person he could ask for. Thank you

·
Registered
374 Posts
i have always used john hrad and couldn't be happier with the level of service. I think I've bought stuff from him for 7 or 8 years now and most recently my svj...also was the first time I ever traded a car in to them (2015 610-4) and that was super easy also.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,872 Posts
I can second John Hrad. He was good to me, and others here also have recommended him.

Reactions: Robbys3m3

·
Registered
374 Posts
Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
17 Posts
As others have said, talk to John Hrad! He’s great and easy to work with- got my perf and svj from him. Bought 3 cars from Lambo Dallas even though I’m in NY- all have been great with zero issues!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,576 Posts
Best of luck I had no success with Lamborghini Dallas or John Hrad but YMMV. Report back and let us know if they return your calls. :giggle: Bought two Lamborghinis from an out of state dealership to make things happen.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys,
He’s not going with that car. Seems that it had an Accident on the car fax.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Best of luck I had no success with Lamborghini Dallas or John Hrad but YMMV. Report back and let us know if they return your calls. :giggle: Bought two Lamborghinis from an out of state dealership to make things happen.
Next time ask for Scot Whitworth. Sold me two cars and always responsive.

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
Next time ask for Scot Whitworth. Sold me two cars and always responsive.
I will give it a shot next go around but multiple times in the past I tried to work deals with them and I had a big goose egg to show for the effort. I was trying to work a deal with John Hrad on an incoming new EVO after having no success with another highly recommended salesperson. I spoke to John for a couple of hours on a Saturday and he said he would get back with me on Monday. Well he eventually called me on Monday 5 weeks later :rolleyes: .......a lot of good that did. So, when he failed to call that Monday that very day I closed a deal with the Charlotte dealership 5 weeks prior.
I wanted to buy local but had to buy two Lamborghinis' in 5 months period from Charlotte because the local dealerships were just not responsive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks guys,
He’s not going with that car. Seems that it had an Accident on the car fax.
Was it the orange svj roadster? I was looking at it but decided to stick to my viola svj coupe from them- that accident on carfax made me stay away (even though I was told it was very light front bumper damage). Car was sold originally by a dealership right by me here in NY.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
789 Posts
I will give it a shot next go around but multiple times in the past I tried to work deals with them and I had a big goose egg to show for the effort. I was trying to work a deal with John Hrad on an incoming new EVO after having no success with another highly recommended salesperson. I spoke to John for a couple of hours on a Saturday and he said he would get back with me on Monday. Well he eventually called me on Monday 5 weeks later :rolleyes: .......a lot of good that did. So, when he failed to call that Monday that very day I closed a deal with the Charlotte dealership 5 weeks prior.
I wanted to buy local but had to buy two Lamborghinis' in 5 months period from Charlotte because the local dealerships were just not responsive.
Lambo, lambo, lambo...

The art of the deal

1.) time is of the essence, as other parties are also trying to get your bone.
2.) never let the other party get back to you. Always control the dialogue. Tell them when YOU will be calling them.
3.) you’ve got to want the deal. Be a pit bull.
4.) put them on the shot clock. Let them know your offer is only good for 48hrs.

you’re welcome 😀

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
Lambo, lambo, lambo...

The art of the deal

2.) never let the other party get back to you. Always control the dialogue. Tell them when YOU will be calling them.
4.) put them on the shot clock. Let them know your offer is only good for 48hrs.

you’re welcome 😀
I see your points but if they won't get back with you regarding a sale that tells me they will be less inclined to get back with me if there is a problem. I want not only the car but a professional that is not going to be MIA when needed.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,872 Posts
Lambo, lambo, lambo...

The art of the deal

you’re welcome 😀
Number 2 is my favorite. I never allow someone to tell me "I'll get back to you". My first question to them is WHEN EXACTLY. If they can't give me something solid I tell them when I will be calling back to follow up. In business I am a very impatient person. If I am not assertive I will be put low on the poll of priorities. Being nice and passive when doing business is a huge mistake, and frankly that is my nature, but I had to train myself to have 2 personalities.

Reactions: AngelOfMurci

·
Registered
789 Posts
I see your points but if they won't get back with you regarding a sale that tells me they will be less inclined to get back with me if there is a problem. I want not only the car but a professional that is not going to be MIA when needed.
If I was a salesman, I would not commit to a client until I have secured the best possible deal. That means stringing along multiple buyers, until the Best Buy presents itself. If you’re a salesman, what would you have done if someone offers 10% more? Accept a low ball offer because the buyer sounded nice?

it’s part of the process. It’s your prerogative to go elsewhere. Bravo for your decision. I probably would have done the same thing.Both parties are doing what’s best for them at that point in time.

ps
You also need therapy! 😀😀😅😅 just kidding!

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
If I was a salesman, I would not commit to a client until I have secured the best possible deal. That means stringing along multiple buyers, until the Best Buy presents itself. If you’re a salesman, what would you have done if someone offers 10% more? Accept a low ball offer because the buyer sounded nice?

it’s part of the process. It’s your prerogative to go elsewhere. Bravo for your decision. I probably would have done the same thing.Both parties are doing what’s best for them at that point in time.

ps
You also need therapy! 😀😀😅😅 just kidding!
Not commit how about responding yea or nay? Then the negotiations begin......let me see I paid essentially MSRP for the EVO so was he hoping for MSRP+? What a shrewd negotiator John was. 🤣 No, I tell a lie, he did respond on Monday........5 weeks later now that is salesmanship if I ever saw it. :giggle:

Not to worry, I already have a gofundme account for the therapy. :giggle:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Not commit how about responding yea or nay? Then the negotiations begin......let me see I paid essentially MSRP for the EVO so was he hoping for MSRP+? What a shrewd negotiator John was. 🤣 No, I tell a lie, he did respond on Monday........5 weeks later now that is salesmanship if I ever saw it. :giggle:

Not to worry, I already have a gofundme account for the therapy. :giggle:
If a salesman called me 5 weeks later, I would have told him I bought a couple SVJs at another dealer. Then I would have let him know if he would have responded that following Monday, we could have done a couple deals. I would have ended the conversation with the phrase “the early bird gets the worm”

·
Registered
565 Posts
I don't know John personally but something must have gone wrong somewhere. He's always receiving great reviews, etc. Communication fell through somewhere.

I'll say this though, people that know me wouldn't expect from a visual for someone like me to get out of a Lambo. Always dress in a T with jeans tucked into my old dirty work boots. Walking into high end dealerships, always ignored, with the exception back in 2013 when I walked into Lambo Dallas and Scot Whitworth walked right up and started a conversation which ended in my buying my first Lambo that day.

Shortly thereafter I walked into a local Chevy dealership to look at a brand spanking new vette sitting on the floor. I was ignored for the entire ten minutes I was there. Even reception ignored me when I walked in. I left, came back about 30 mins later and was greeted at the door by both the receptionist and salesperson. What happened? The first appearance, I arrived in my old 2005 pickup, the second arrival was in my 2013 Gallardo. :)

Reactions: AzusilApps

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
@UR 55, I hear you about showing up dressed in a certain way or the kind of vehicle you drive up in since we had a similar experience at a Porsche dealership but in this case they could not prejudge us since we never visited the dealership.
Funny story, we tried to test drive a new base 911 Carrera at the San Antonio Porsche dealership and as usual I am in old sneakers, faded jeans and a no name T-shirt but the wife is dressed nicely as always. We go to speak with a salesperson and indicated we would like to test drive the 911 and he asked if we wanted to drive it together and we indicated we did, and he said no problem. He walks away and comes back and said we could test drive it but not together. Apparently, he must have felt we were shopping beyond our financial means so although we did test drive it my wife was monumentally pissed. Turns out we went to another Porsche dealership and bought 3 new Porsches, two of which we specced, 718 Cayman S, 2019 GT3-RS and a 2018 GT2-RS. My wife was still so angry she wanted me to take one of the GT cars and drive to said dealership......a women scorned. :giggle: I couldn't muster the energy to care what he thought so I never did but to this day she brings it up.
@UR 55, I will consider giving Dallas a try but at this point the Charlotte dealership has come through X2.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts