Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I think it has been said, but who cares what people say if you love your car.... (or anything).

If the worst that happens is some Aventador owners look down on you, things are pretty good.

I drive a Jalpa...... I am still okay.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Go buy your car and feel good about it. Who cares what some lambo owner. What do you think La Ferrari owners think of Aventador owners? You have reached a point in life where you can buy a supercar. Trust me, all your friends will love it. I was a lowly Jalpa owner till I bought the Murcie. Funny thing is I still feel the same in the morning. I still love to wrench on them more than drive them. I almost bought a Uracco barn find last week to have another project. Buy what you love. Screw what everyone thinks. Lee

·
Registered
856 Posts
Ok, I’ll take the “bad guy” POV.....like it or not, there is a hierarchy of Lamborghinis, just like there is for Ferraris. My mentor advised me to buy one of the flagship V12s to get the full Lamborghini experience. This is an Italian gentleman who owns between 4-6 V12s at all times so he walks the walk.

So don’t be surprised that the general public feels the same way. The poster cars were the Countachs and Diablos. Sinatra wasn’t talking about a Uracco when he made his famous quote.

But everybody has a budget, if a V12 doesn’t fit, don’t make a financial mistake overextending. In particular, the Huracans are great cars with a lot of options including track focused variants.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok, I’ll take the “bad guy” POV.....like it or not, there is a hierarchy of Lamborghinis, just like there is for Ferraris. My mentor advised me to buy one of the flagship V12s to get the full Lamborghini experience. This is an Italian gentleman who owns between 4-6 V12s at all times so he walks the walk.

So don’t be surprised that the general public feels the same way. The poster cars were the Countachs and Diablos. Sinatra wasn’t talking about a Uracco when he made his famous quote.

But everybody has a budget, if a V12 doesn’t fit, don’t make a financial mistake overextending. In particular, the Huracans are great cars with a lot of options including track focused variants.
There is a hierarchy to everything... “I went to an Ivy League school, where did you go”... “Yes, this is a Rolex, what kind of watch do you have”... “I have two children, one is a lawyer and the other is a physician, how about yours”... and you could go on forever... there is always someone who has something better or more than you- the point is, how important is it to look your nose down at someone else... you don’t need to be in the shrink business to appreciate that people who don’t feel equal enough will have a hard time resisting the opportunity to lord over others if they think they can get away with it... it’s not personal of course, but can be hard not to feel that way about it when it happens...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Yes there may be a hierarchy but it should not effect how you feel about yourself.
I have a Countach. Should I feel less than because it is not as new, not as fast, not as chic?
The only
People who lust over it are teenage boys. Women snub their noses at it, men just think it’s a kit car.
But when I go into my garage, I have the most iconic car of all time.
**** anyone who thinks different.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,637 Posts
I actually envy those that have been so fortunate enough to find a own a Countach or Diablo. They are timeless beauties that will never lose the Lamborghini magic.
I think the Gallardo has the same magic. The average person has no idea it isn't a new model. A true lover of cars will respect all of them.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Yes there may be a hierarchy but it should not effect how you feel about yourself.
I have a Countach. Should I feel less than because it is not as new, not as fast, not as chic?
The only
People who lust over it are teenage boys. Women snub their noses at it, men just think it’s a kit car.
But when I go into my garage, I have the most iconic car of all time.
No...not just teenage boys that lust over countach....

Probably the first car I will buy if I'm into collecting cars. For now a 1/18 size would do :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,342 Posts
No...not just teenage boys that lust over countach....

View attachment 289085

Probably the first car I will buy if I'm into collecting cars. For now a 1/18 size would do :ROFLMAO:
Perfect! No gas/petrol expenditure, zero repair bills, fits anywhere, no loss of garage space, no car carrier needed (a backpack will suffice), and practically maintenance free aside from a little dusting now and again.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,342 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmm is...........****........... an Italian or French word, though, I know it probably will translate quite nicely.............something about the property of universality. 🤣

·
Registered
424 Posts
I’ll admit it I’ve recently come upon money and finally getting a Gallardo when I find the right one, but I read some others forums (on reddit) where they said Aventador owners will look down on you for buying the cheaper Lamborghini. I love the Gallardo it’s my favourite car of all time and if I wanted I could spend more, but I just want the Gallardo.

is this true guys ?. It makes me second guess buying one. I want to hear from Aventador owners or Hurrican etc.How do you react to Gallardo owners?, I thought you’d love them right ?. I know I shouldn’t care what others think, but I’m honestly just curious. I’m honestly not trying to start anything I am just so curious. Thank you
Not an issue as most of them started with a G also, I love mine, have other cars much more refined and faster but the G is fun, very raw and pure which makes it so fun. Mine is an 04 and most owners of other lambos appreciate that I am driving it and it is in mint condition inside and out, what they do not appreciate is someone who bought one and does not take care of it and looks bad

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,342 Posts
@Msport85 allow me to relate my own story, that to some degree, indirectly bares on your present concern, and speaks directly to the issue, that is, is the latest and greatest always worth it. I started off in the sports car world about 2 plus years ago and my first foray into said realm was my purchase of a new 2018 718 Cayman S, a car I might add, that I had an absolute blast with. So I then looked around the Porsche world and thought that if I go up the Porsche food chain it would be even a better experience and hopefully bring me closer to the ever illusive Nirvana. So I got an allocation for a GT3 and was excited until I went into said Porsche dealership and saw a 2016 GT3-RS so I then wangled a deal to give up my allocation the GT3 for a GT3-RS allocation. I had the car and drove it for about 6 months when I became aware of a Porsche beast they called the GT2-RS so I then went back to said dealership and although they couldn’t get me an allocation since they stopped production at that point they found me the next best thing a brand new 2RS with delivery miles. I drove that for about 10 months and quite frankly I just got bored. So for me at least, and this is not a universal truism, I made the mistake of drinking the Kool-Aid, and hastily got on the N + 1 treadmill. Was the 3RS and 2RS faster and better, yes undoubtedly but not to the extent that justified the cost delta nor did it satisfy the fun delta…….and in the end I quickly got bored and Nirvana once again was no where to be found. Truth be told I should have kept my entry level 2018 718 Cayman S and that would have been more than enough to satisfy. So fast forward to the Lamborghini brand…..this time around I researched the entry level model that would suite my needs and that turned out to be a Huracan. So I will keep said Huracan until the cows come home never imagining that lusting after the latest and greatest will bare any fruit, at least, not in my case. So buy your Gallardo and hold your head high and know sometimes less is more and in some cases quite a bit more for reasons others my not fully grasp. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is a fantastic forum with a number of individuals that are very supportive of each other. There is definitely a realistic sense of pride having one of these, but with all things, there are those that demonstrate a sense of arrogance. I was able to realize my dream of Lamborghini ownership in February 2020, with it delivered one week before we went into COVID lock down. Talk about anxiety, lol. Like you, I did a lot of research; reading forums, reviews, actually talking to local mechanics, etc. I established what colors I wanted most and that I had to have a gated-6. Off to the internet I went, taking 2 months to finally find, "the one". Since owning the Gallardo, I have been to several local Cars & Coffee events in the area and have been warmly welcomed.

YouTube Video of a Cars & Coffee, with my wife and I making our "grand" entrance at the 10:40 mark, ;)

We did go to one other event where a group of Hurucan and Aventador owners were very badly behaved. It made me glad that I parked on the opposite side next to a Jalpa. Quick edit, I do not mean in any way to imply that Huracan or Aventador owners act like this. It was a specific group.

Aside from "other Lambo owners", be prepared for the people you will see most often: everyday folks. Every single time I am out in it, the car is complimented. Just yesterday, a guy flipped a difficult u-turn just to come back and take pictures. BTW, I really like the suggestions on here on how to be humble/gracious with the compliments. I took the advice of buying some mini/die-cast Lambos to keep in the car and hand out to little kids, as well as offer to take pictures for folks with them standing next to it. It is a good feeling to know they appreciate the car as much as I do. Haha, over the weekend, I was in a parking lot waiting for my son to finish a job interview. As I was parked in the back, away from everyone, a family out for a bike ride passed the car. One of the little boys, pointed and yelled out, "Lamborghini!" then promptly rode his bike into a tree. Fortunately he wasn't hurt and his bike was not damaged. The whole family was laughing!

Eight months in and I LOVE this car.

All of these cars are true works of art, and we, regardless of model, year, color or features are a fortunate group to be able to enjoy them. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,342 Posts
YouTube Video of a Cars & Coffee, with my wife and I making our "grand" entrance at the 10:40 mark, ;)
Eight months in and I LOVE this car.

All of these cars are true works of art, and we, regardless of model, year, color or features are a fortunate group to be able to enjoy them. :cool:
Well stated......Congratulations looks fantastic!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Regarding a comment about about the general public not knowing the difference. I walked to my Verde Huracan last night and a guy sitting in the passenger seat of a pickup parked 2 spaces away engaged me:

Him: Is that a COUNTACH?!?

Me: Nope. Huracan.

Him: Is it faster than a Countach?

Me: Significantly faster :)

Him: Woooaah!

21 - 40 of 74 Posts