Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ll admit it I’ve recently come upon money and finally getting a Gallardo when I find the right one, but I read some others forums (on reddit) where they said Aventador owners will look down on you for buying the cheaper Lamborghini. I love the Gallardo it’s my favourite car of all time and if I wanted I could spend more, but I just want the Gallardo.

is this true guys ?. It makes me second guess buying one. I want to hear from Aventador owners or Hurrican etc.How do you react to Gallardo owners?, I thought you’d love them right ?. I know I shouldn’t care what others think, but I’m honestly just curious. I’m honestly not trying to start anything I am just so curious. Thank you

·
Registered
150 Posts
Most AV owners began with a G; know I did. Buy the car you want, who cares what other think. Never had an issue with being in the club; had a 2008 Super G, honestly would love to still have it. the G and AV are different cars for different purposes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most AV owners began with a G; know I did. Buy the car you want, who cares what other think. Never had an issue with being in the club; had a 2008 Super G, honestly would love to still have it. the G and AV are different cars for different purposes.
thanks mate I’m really excited to join the club there’s so many nice people here

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m about to buy a Manual and I guess I’m just Getting that nervous buyers feeling. you probably know how it is

·
Registered
150 Posts
Took me to 50 to get my first car, had a blast with it for 5 years and at 55 got the AV; just wanted that 12 and the Lambo doors. Both cars are amazing; be ready to stand out and get some attention.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I would not have this worry.
Internet joking can be in good fun.
Harley Big Twin riders say Harley Sportster riders ride a girls bike.
Size matters.
Only a novice can't drive a car with manual transmission.
A Lambo isn't a Lambo without scissor doors.
All good fun ... don't stress enjoy your G.

But ... 12 cylinder engines do rule :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took me to 50 to get my first car, had a blast with it for 5 years and at 55 got the AV; just wanted that 12 and the Lambo doors. Both cars are amazing; be ready to stand out and get some attention.
thanks for sharing that’s awesome man. Happy for you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would not have this worry.
Internet joking can be in good fun.
Harley Big Twin riders say Harley Sportster riders ride a girls bike.
Size matters.
Only a novice can't drive a car with manual transmission.
A Lambo isn't a Lambo without scissor doors.
All good fun ... don't stress enjoy your G.

But ... 12 cylinder engines do rule :)
I think after this I would upgrade to the murcielago. I guess in my mind I thought it’s better to buy each one over ten years or so and eventually get to the latest model.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
If you are worried even a little about what other people think, maybe it's best to not buy the car. Reddit is full of trolls or kids with low IQ btw.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How did it feels driving your first lambo and what was your first lambo ?. I can only imagine how great it was I love these cars. Best looking cars ever in my opinion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you are worried even a little about what other people think, maybe it's best to not buy the car. Reddit is full of trolls or kids with low IQ btw.
Not worried man I’m just getting that buying anxiety. I love standing out I already have a lot of followers on Facebook. I was just curious and I’m thinking a little stupid I guess

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will update you all when I buy my new girlfriend. It’s so exciting for me I’m even getting stomach anxiety lol. I bet it’s going to be a dream to drive. It is a dream of mine that o can finally cross of the list. Also I’m in Australia and I’ve never seen one here ever. They are incredibly rare to see where I am 😊

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,342 Posts
@Msport85, there are a plethora of idiots out and about, and my advice is ignore them straight away. Anyone of character would never "look down" on you for wanting a Gallardo. After employing your due diligence buy what you want and never look back. BTW, if you move forward post plenty of pictures...........;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
You’re in a position to buy a Lambo!! Do you know how many people get to say that? You may not impress Aventador owners but you’ll be able to set a great example for others and just maybe create a spark that leads someone else to buy a Lambo! Enjoy!

·
Registered
481 Posts
When I upgraded from Gallardo to Huracan recently, a co-worker had to “finally break his silence” about how he didn’t like my “obsolete” Gallardo when I had it. To him, now I’m a real player.

All this from a guy who’s probably driving an Infiniti and dreaming of the day he can afford a 911.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Like many have said it here. it's a great position to be in to say you are in the market for a lambo. (How many people can say this? Means you've done something right) Notice we didn't say... "in the market for a cheapo G" I personally own a G and an LP640 and enjoy the G much more. Why because completely different car and easier to drive / stress over it. Not to mention even in the G you get hate from people saying.... "you rented that" or you get the finger from some people. If it's a piece of trash you wouldn't get that type of comment / feedback.

At the end of the day enjoy your hard work and continue to be blessed by the almighty to have strength to enjoy life.

Heck I'm currently in the market for a Huracan to add to the garage and some say ... Why? ... I answer... Why not :D

Reactions: Msport85

·
Registered
133 Posts
Truthfully, I would not care to even be around people like that. I can appreciate a guys import tuners, and the classic cars, just as I appreciate the exotics. If you are really worried about being judged, than even a SVJ wont make you feel adequate when the guy rolls in your meet with a Bugatti.

I have had many toys across the spectrum and it is never the price that made me like them. The guys with the matching jackets, and these days matching face masks ;), they probably sleep in their lambo jammies too! :D I would not worry about them. I have found that most people are not looking down over their noses (except porsche guys ;) )

TRUE car people appreciate the spectrum of cars. (except mustangs;) ).

I am debating between a Huracan and currently have a super nice Gallardo. I am torn. Part of me wants the Huracan, for the tech of it, and performance, but I really love and enjoy the "rawness and SOUND' of the Pre-LP Gallardo. Truth is, I think I even like the styling of the G Spyder better than the huracan spyder. I am torn really.

You wont be disappointed with any choice....

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,342 Posts
@Msport85 do you have a particular Gallardo in your sights or are you in the shopping mode? I have heard that the Gallardos' are a tad more temperamental but I am sure you will get a PPI before your purchase. Here are some links that may be of interest to you, and if not my apologies: ;)

1 - 20 of 74 Posts