Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this after I just finished washing the car. Still have water spots dripping.

I bet I did that when I backed down a slope without using the front lift. I was thinking how to solve a world hunger problem and forgot pushing the button :) I did that once with a Porsche (worse and deeper scratches).

They are not very deep, so I am planning to use my DIY skillz using putty and touch up paint. I already ordered touch up paint LY9C for my bianco mono color.

If it works out, I will post the step by step. If it doesn't, I will just send it to a pro body shop to fix :)

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Found this after I just finished washing the car. Still have water spots dripping.

I bet I did that when I backed down a slope without using the front lift. I was thinking how to solve a world hunger problem and forgot pushing the button :) I did that once with a Porsche (worse and deeper scratches).

They are not very deep, so I am planning to use my DIY skillz using putty and touch up paint. I already ordered touch up paint LY9C for my bianco mono color.

If it works out, I will post the step by step. If it doesn't, I will just send it to a pro body shop to fix :)

View attachment 318959
I’d sand the scuffs down so everything is smooth. Mask off 1” border. Spray primer/paint in thin layers. Remove mask. Lightly sand 2000 grit. Thin spray of 2-3 coats of clear coat. Wet sand with 3000 grit. Blend clear coat to surrounding area.

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,361 Posts
get srape amur..it will cover and protect it

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
get srape amur..it will cover and protect it

Thanks mate! I considered using that before, but didn't want to put screw holes into the bumper.

I don't normally scrape if I remember to use the lift :)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,389 Posts
I did that once when I forgot to raise the front and forgot to check for damages, I guess I better look and see. My paint would be very hard to match.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
That's easy, you can remove %95 of that with a brush, if you want to do the rest then as it is way too low and without a lift it'll be a nightmare to fix. a body shop can easily do it without having to take it off.

I got my bumper painted at the dealer and paid $3500 just for a paint & labour. it was medicore. I should have went to a proper shop instead but your dealer may vary.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
@Luzifer @Russk can you guys share your recipe on how to be so laid back. I hope I don't get nightmare tonight with ocd and calling my dealer at 3 am.
You have to be logical, there are not many options.

Either you buy a 2nd car to be in your living room and the other to drive.

Can't buy a another car, you can leave it in the garage forever and dry rot.

If you have the need to drive, you can be like some Corvette owners and take it out only once a year and leave a 500 meter gap between the car in front of you, drive only on the streets at low speed, never drive on the highway. Then you can spend money to fix the scrapes and park it for the next 364 days.

Me I won't be able to afford 2 identical H and my pride and joy is to drive, the engine sound, taking corners fast, doing road trips every weekend, car spotting in the evenings, die cast hunting, getting thumbs up, kids pointing at the car etc. so I have no choice but to drive it. I take care of my car as much as I can but I can't control all road hazards. I see many cars with pristine front bumpers but mine is now riddled with rock chips, the splitter scraped, I busted 2 front tires on 2 different occasion from pot holes this summer but man do I ever have fun now in my life. Gradually the more chips and scrapes you learn to accept it.

Staying at home having a garage queen would erode my sanity from my work. I need to get out and not think of that stuff.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I feel for you. One time I pulled my GT-R into a parking spot thinking all was well, heard a weird noise backing out later. It had a tiny curb bumper I thought nothing of, but did not notice the piece of steel rebar that was sticking up 3" higher than the curb, which ripped a big gouge into the car's splitter when I reversed off of it. :mad:

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
17,252 Posts
Sorry to see that Norman. It's one of those unfortunate occurrences. Though, after you do your DIY magic or even without it you could just cover it with SlipLo which has an adhesive back and is permanent.

Attachments

• Helpful
Reactions: Sakura

·
Registered
59 Posts

View attachment 318959
(y)Scrape Armour - life saver

·
Registered
7 Posts

View attachment 318959
Ouch. Been there, done that...

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry to see that Norman. It's one of those unfortunate occurrences. Though, after you do your DIY magic or even without it you could just cover it with SlipLo which has an adhesive back and is permanent.

Thanks for the referral Albert! I'm going to order 3 sets and put them below after I fix the paint (y) (y) (y)

Hopefully the company can ship them to me ASAP because nobody seems to sell their products here.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts