Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Good luck on the Aventador. I think they are pretty good buys right now. I plan on adding another car as soon as I get my new shop and house built. We had planned to build a large add on to the garage till the new property came up for sale a few months ago. I spent my Aventador money on the down pmt. My house is paid for so when I sell it , it will pay off the new land . I am going to wait till next fall after all is finished and then buy another car. Right now I have a three car garage but 2 of the bays are machinery, welders saws etc. I would have to keep one car on the lift and one on the ground below it. As much as I want another one right now, it makes much more sense to wait. Are you going to sell the murcie or keep
it and add the aventador. I am really interested in a gated manual murcie as well. I love shifting gears. The Aventadors are blazing fast and fun to drive but I missed shifting gears. I guess I could get used to it. I cant imagine how fast an SV would be. The regular AV is very fast already. My sons friends called it pee in your pants fast. You will have to give us a report on the feel.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
So checked with the other half... who was upset when I came home from the dealer with the Murci... but that's another story. She thinks there is no way I could be happy with Ferrari doors, bless her soul. So the Huracan is out. She does have a stipulation, that she needs to be retired for purchase, which isn't a big deal as her job requires her to live downtown so we maintain two residences and we basically save all her income anyway.

She is under the hallucination that this would be the last supercar in the family, and I see no benefit to alter that impression of hers, yet.

Fortunately I'm not all that handy, so I don't have a lot of large junk taking up garage space. Sounds like you need a hangar Lee. I'd love to enclose the two garages into a supergarage, but I rent this place and wouldn't drop that kind of buckage into someone elses house.

So the hunt for a metallic blue Aventador SV begins, targeted for Spring. Renting a 2016 Aventador in Vegas over new years. Excited.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Sounds good Murciful. Sometimes you have to tell your wife what she needs to hear.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
It has landed me in hot water and then the compromises start.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Just tell her that Svs should double in value in the next ten years. Junk? Man that is like calling a supermodel ugly. I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. (I am building a 6000sf shop) That should house about anything I can buy or build. To me the fun is in the build. I love fabrication challenges. I am fabricating the whole turbo setup for the jalpa to make a 600 hp car and may not even use it. It is just fun to build. I have been that way since a kid. I learned to weld at 12, machine parts at 13. I started building engines at 7. I rebuilt an old go kart engine and had a 2 stroke go kart at 8 that I had built. My parents could not deny me driving it since they bought it not running and were insured it would never run. They figured my friends and I would just push it around. I had other ideas. I guess it never gets out of my blood . That is the main reason I am not as interested in an Aventador. Not much to work on. Anyone got one with a blown engine?Lee

21 - 25 of 25 Posts