Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all!

I joined this forum in 2017 and have been lurking through some of the threads on here and thought it's time to introduce myself! :wave:

I am from the land down under, Australia and have always had an obsession with Lamborghini. I migrated to AUS with my Dad, Mum and little sister from East Africa and remember the first time laid my eye balls on a Grigio Murcielago, crossing an intersection in Sydney CBD. For a good few seconds, my eyes were locked, heart beat rose, hands became clammy and I was completely speechless. The only thing I could utter was ‘Wow.’ That was the defining moment where I knew I wanted a Lamborghini.

I'd call myself a self-confessed car geek and have owned a hand full of vehicles since getting my licence at 17 but nothing in the prestige or exotic area of automotive. I'm now 25 and have had the privilege of owing a few Subaru’s and currently have a 13’ Jeep Wrangler CRD Turbo Diesel. Since I can remember, supercars have always left me in awe because of their performance, technology, ability to push what we know as ‘normal’ and at the same time, evoke overwhelming feelings of joy and excitement to people that experience them. I haven't met a single supercar owner who doesn't love seeing the joy that their car brings to others around them!

So naturally, I logged into this forum and became a member! What I love about this group is just the wealth of knowledge members here have! I love reading through the threads regarding the mighty Aventador and its many quirks and features or about the ferocious and illusive gated LP640 which in my books is one of the most remarkable pieces from Lamborghini.

Now, in regards to what I do... I work in the corporate sector and currently have a pinkie finger in property. What I learnt from an early age is if you want something, there's no substitute for hard work and determination. I am in the process of selling the Jeep which happens to be a dream car of mine to prioritise a few financial commitments. My work is in the IT space and launched a activewear clothing brand in Feb 19 with a goal of breaking 5 figures by the end of 2019. To achieve that, it will and has taken a lot of investment and there is much more work to do! I'm excited about the journey ahead and hope to create something that my fiancé (getting married in Oct) and I can share with others.

In a nutshell, my goal within this forum is to become a member that provides value through sharing info about things that I've learnt through Lamborghini (one day) ownership, forge long term friendships, learn, engage in Lamborghini related topics and really just do life with like-minded people!

Just incase you were wondering.. My choice of weapon is a Lamborghini Aventador SV in Grigio Titans but it’ll be a long journey till it’s in my possession! :blob:

Feel free to shoot me a message if you want to say hi!

Cheers,
Koomz_m

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,600 Posts
Welcome Koomz!
Aventador is a great choice, it’s the top of the food chain.
I just bought a Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid and absolutely love it. Drive it daily and the Huracan on weekends.
Cheers Russ

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Koomz!
Aventador is a great choice, it’s the top of the food chain.
I just bought a Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid and absolutely love it. Drive it daily and the Huracan on weekends.
Cheers Russ
Thank you for the warm welcome, Russ!

The Aventador is really one of a kind! There's a few machines out there that can make full grown men giggle like school girls. The Aventador happens to be one of them!

The Crosstek is a great little hatch! The US market were fortunate enough to get the hybrid but us Aussies were allocated just the petrol. Brilliant choice as a daily!

Back in June I decided to swallow my pride and asked my little sister if I can by her 2008 Impreza RS hatch as she had moved to Sydney and just wasn't using it. It's honestly been one of the best cars to move around town in!:D

By the way, I absolutely love your Blu Cepheus Huracan Spyder! :tleft:

Cheers,
Koomz_m

·
Registered
881 Posts
Welcome (officially) to the forum Koomz. Having goals and working towards them is a great motivator. Once you are ready to buy one of these awesome cars, take your time and find the one that talks to you! It is such a wonderful experience. Best of luck to you!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome (officially) to the forum Koomz. Having goals and working towards them is a great motivator. Once you are ready to buy one of these awesome cars, take your time and find the one that talks to you! It is such a wonderful experience. Best of luck to you!!
Thank you so much, KCViper!

Absolutely. It's a journey and I'm excited to see how things go moving forwards!

Cheers,
Koomz_m

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Good luck and welcome. Goal setting is the foundation of success. Set realistic goals, put a timetable on them, enjoy rewards. Lee

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I like your story about seeing a Lamborghini for the first time.

When I was a kid, my dad got a huge pile of my grandpa's old Road and Track magazines. I used to browse them and fell in love with the Countach after seeing pictures and performance statistics.

One day, at 15 years old, I was riding in the car with my dad and he blurted out I needed to look at the car next to us. A red Countach had pulled up beside us. My dad slowed down to let him glide by and then followed him for a short while. I was in awe. The car looked even more incredible in person than I could have imagined. I was already a fan, but I will always remember when I saw one in person for the first time. (I even remember the exact patch of road where it happened.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good luck and welcome. Goal setting is the foundation of success. Set realistic goals, put a timetable on them, enjoy rewards. Lee
Hi Lee,

Thank you so much! I complete agree. We all have dreams but until we set goals and lay them out clearly, they'll just remain as dreams :sleepy:

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like your story about seeing a Lamborghini for the first time.

When I was a kid, my dad got a huge pile of my grandpa's old Road and Track magazines. I used to browse them and fell in love with the Countach after seeing pictures and performance statistics.

One day, at 15 years old, I was riding in the car with my dad and he blurted out I needed to look at the car next to us. A red Countach had pulled up beside us. My dad slowed down to let him glide by and then followed him for a short while. I was in awe. The car looked even more incredible in person than I could have imagined. I was already a fan, but I will always remember when I saw one in person for the first time. (I even remember the exact patch of road where it happened.)
I like your story too! That would've been incredible to see the Countach with your own eye balls!! :eek:

That particular model has always been like a mythical creature. Similar to the Centenario or the Veneno. A tiny population have seen them and the smallest fraction have the opportunity to own them.

There's a bloke on youtube called 'Ryfips' and has a Countach 25th,
Countach QV and a number of other gems. They're absolutely stunning. Daily Driven Exotics often have him on their chanel and I think you might enjoy that!

Have a good week mate.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Hey all!

I joined this forum in 2017 and have been lurking through some of the threads on here and thought it's time to introduce myself! :wave:

Cheers,
Koomz_m
Welcome to the club Koomz. I'm from Oz too! And there's a few other guys from Australia as well. Very nice story mate and well-written.

Seeing as your choice of weapon is the big mama Aventador, how about saving up for a Gallardo as your first Lamborghini? Even one of the older ones! There's a few on Carsales at the moment for under $140k.

Get your foot in the door. You'll love the G :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the club Koomz. I'm from Oz too! And there's a few other guys from Australia as well. Very nice story mate and well-written.

Seeing as your choice of weapon is the big mama Aventador, how about saving up for a Gallardo as your first Lamborghini? Even one of the older ones! There's a few on Carsales at the moment for under $140k.

Get your foot in the door. You'll love the G :)
Cheers Jimmy! It's great to meet another aussie on here!

That wouldn't be a shabby idea! I've been tracking the Pre LP Gallardo for a while now and it looks like they've held their value at about $140k for the past 2-3 years even with more millage which is epic! I've read of owners putting 15-20k km into the Gallardo and getting out of them without losing anything.

Something that's always excited me is the Gallardo Supperlegerra. There's currently 2 Pre LP SLs on carsales and start at the $220k mark and the 4 LP570 SL start at at the $270k mark. You may have seen the Verde Green 2011 570 SL for $320k on carsales which is Huracan figure which is incredible.

I'd be happy to wait a little and jumping into an SL due to how extraordinary they are. *starts drooling* I think I'd have better luck convicing the Mrs too if I pitched it as an investment. ;)

What was your first Lamborghini?

Cheers,
Koomz

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey how is the activewear brand going? I had a similar idea similar not too long ago, but never found a good production company to partner with. It seems like a great thing to get into, the marketing/branding aspect is really the hard part though. Have you faced challenges with that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey how is the activewear brand going? I had a similar idea similar not too long ago, but never found a good production company to partner with. It seems like a great thing to get into, the marketing/branding aspect is really the hard part though. Have you faced challenges with that?
Hey sgfreak96!

It's going okay so far! You've definitely hit the nail on the head there about marketing and branding being difficult. The Australian activewear market is growing so rapidly and really trying to carve out our own name has proven challenging. Fortunately though, I've got a pretty epic group of friends who've been supporting the brand and that's been great. I had a little drop shipping business about a year ago supplying 4WD parts and a lot of what I learnt then, I was able to impliment into the brand.

Absolutely love your YouTube channel too! Absolutely loved your review of the Twin Turbo V10 R8. *Drools* I've just subscribed btw. :D

I'll shoot you a private message soon and we can chat more.

Enjoy your week mate!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey sgfreak96!

It's going okay so far! You've definitely hit the nail on the head there about marketing and branding being difficult. The Australian activewear market is growing so rapidly and really trying to carve out our own name has proven challenging. Fortunately though, I've got a pretty epic group of friends who've been supporting the brand and that's been great. I had a little drop shipping business about a year ago supplying 4WD parts and a lot of what I learnt then, I was able to impliment into the brand.

Absolutely love your YouTube channel too! Absolutely loved your review of the Twin Turbo V10 R8. *Drools* I've just subscribed btw. :D

I'll shoot you a private message soon and we can chat more.

Enjoy your week mate!
Awesome, I look forward to talking with you more in PM's about your business, that would be great, and drop shipping is exactly what I was thinking. Also thank you so much for watching the video, it really means a lot. I haven't made many videos recently, but I know there's good stuff brewing for the future :)

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Great intro. Welcome! It's never too early to start setting goals.

May I humbly suggest you start putting some time frames on your goals, and set some intermediate goals. What income do you want to be making in 2, 5, 10 years. How big do you want your investment/real estate portfolios to be worth in those timeframes? Let's get you on a more defined path to your dreams.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Welcome. I have to second what Murciful said. Goals without deadlines are just dreams.
So I am going to sleep with a playboy bunny before I am 70,(I am married so that may have to be put off a few years) build my own submarine before I am 65 . Build the first antigravity drive and design a new internal combustion engine that is way more efficient. Remember don't set goals too high or you may never reach them. The sub will be easy. Pretty simple stuff. I already have a fundamentally new type of engine design I am working on. If that comes through...……..bunnies beware. I will have to outlive my wife for that one.Remember STAY REALISTIC Lee

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Damn it, just realized the extent of my hypocrisy. So I'm setting a goal is to purchase my next Lambo by April. If I hit a specific liquid asset goal by April 1st, it will be a 2016 or 2017 Aventador SV, as long as I can find a suitable one in blue. Otherwise, it'll be a 2017 or 2018 Huracan. $400 k is sill a percentage of my net worth that would make me uncomfortable dropping on a vehicle, but 6 months should be enough time to move the needle. Fortunately I don't need to design a submarine engine or anything

1 - 20 of 25 Posts