Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I stumbled across this forum while doing some research on the current sales prices of Murcielago's and thought I would join since there is a lot knowledge about these beautiful cars here.

Presently I do not own a Lamborghini, yet, but I have planned and have set goals to get one somewhat soon (hoping in two years). I set this goal back 8 years ago to have one by 2018 and, I can really see it happening.

I also restore, collect and sell the occasional classic domestic or classic European car, which I have built a business around.

As for the Lamborghini, I am not afraid of a salvage title car but would prefer one with a clean title if money wasn't a deciding factor end of the day. I would like to find a 2008 Orange Murcielago LP 640 with E-gear next year with collision damage or possibly one in two years with clean title.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that piece of advice, I am definitely going to keep that in mind. Also I might have to settle with a LP580 Murcielago instead of a LP640 Murcielago due to the 100k CAD difference in price and I have yet to see one of them for sale in Orange.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Anyone every dealt with these guys? They have mixed reviews...
Sur Motor Cars
504 E Alondra Blvd.

I decided to search them and check out their BBB complaints and all their reviews. Their older reviews were decent but the last two years are worse than terrible. extremely poor customer service, ridiculous agreements and hidden fee's, and they make it difficult to get the car off their lot of gain ownership of the vehicle. How they are still at the top of google searches beats me. I'd avoid these guys at all costs...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reading some other introductions in the dreamers section and the general discussion, my post does seem more vague and ambiguous than intended.

My name is Christopher and I am 26, I have wanted to a Murcielago since I was 14, back when I was still in middle school. Either at Christmas that year or the following, I received a 1:18 scale model of an LP580-4 as a gift from a friend of the family.

I have gone to post-secondary for 5 years after graduating high school and hold a drafting certificate, two diploma's and an associates degree. For four of those years I was trying my hardest to get into the University British Columbia Architectural program, which meant taking full course loads for three years (one year even going thru the summer) to get the requirement amount of credits and building a portfolio near the end for the program. Unfortunately I did not get it after all the work - so my fall back plan was to go to Wyotech and learn to work on cars. Long story short there I got my second diploma in collision/refinishing and the associates in business.

It took me 2 years to build my business from the ground up, and I am still not done yet. The shop which I got built in 2015 is still missing a major piece of equipment - the paint booth. I am in the process of getting one fairly soon, hopefully in December this year, if not it will be early in the new year. My business in retrospect is very young but I am considering working weekends and possibly up to 100 hour work weeks to get more done in the shop.

I don't know if anyone here is interested in classic cars... but I mostly collect two manufacturers of cars at the moment. I have Hudson's and Terraplane's and also Volkswagen's. I hope to eventually bridge over to Porsche's and early Mercedes-Benz classics.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have an employee at the moment but am already considering hiring two more, once the business picks up.
True it is never really done, but for me, my aim is to get it to a point where I do not have to buy expensive but necessary pieces of equipment. I would rather just have to keep inventory of the smaller consumables - like sand paper, filler, grinding disks etc.

For my business I was doing the opposite to you in some ways - I was marketing myself softly before I was even able to take on any work. Started out ordering 500 business cards and passing them out at events. Now that everything has started rolling and I was almost thru my first 500 cards, I went and ordered 5,000 cards to continue getting my name out there. Its working, added the facebook business page does help too, where I can show progress on the classics in my shop. That went from 30 likes in 2014 to 364 as of sept 29th 2016, not bad for two years?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,367 Posts
If you have not already heard this, let me say wait and get a good one. Only reason to get a rough one is for the pleasure of fixing it up. Essentially far cheaper to get a good one.
I agree, buy a good car and enjoying driving it, not pouring money into a salvaged one you might never drive. Wait longer if you have to, but when you do it, do it it once and do it right. Good luck!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quick Update - I have found some classic car parts that are not being manufactured and am going to be sorting out the manufacturing and sale of them. This will not only supply my own business but will be sold to other shops and hobbyists at a premium to increase the cash flow thru my business.

I still have a goal to finish the interior of my shop and get my paint booth (even ordered) this year - but that I am projecting will set me back $110,000. Almost the same price as a Gallardo.

·
Registered
91 Diablo
789 Posts
Anyone every dealt with these guys? They have mixed reviews...
Sur Motor Cars
504 E Alondra Blvd.

I decided to search them and check out their BBB complaints and all their reviews. Their older reviews were decent but the last two years are worse than terrible. extremely poor customer service, ridiculous agreements and hidden fee's, and they make it difficult to get the car off their lot of gain ownership of the vehicle. How they are still at the top of google searches beats me. I'd avoid these guys at all costs...
I actually bought a wrangler off them 2 years ago. I'm am a few miles away form their location in California. They were a little different in the way they go about business but in the end I was happy with what I got for what I paid. I would be much more uneasy buying a Lambo from them though. I'm not going to be one to say don't buy a salvage car because I have and made great money on them but if you do, be sure to look at it in person first! They are ALWAYS worse in person.

I like hearing your story as it reminds me of myself just a couple years ago. I was able to fulfill my dream last year with the purchase of my 91 Diablo. Good luck to you! I hope to hear of you achieving your Murci goal soon! Let me know if you need someone to look at a car in SoCal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys

I will highly recommend you if you in Vegas to try Exotic Cars Vegas, They have a huge fleet of cars and you can try there all the new Lamborghini models in a very decent prices I must say after you try them you can easily decide what to buy next.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I actually bought a wrangler off them 2 years ago. I'm am a few miles away form their location in California. They were a little different in the way they go about business but in the end I was happy with what I got for what I paid. I would be much more uneasy buying a Lambo from them though. I'm not going to be one to say don't buy a salvage car because I have and made great money on them but if you do, be sure to look at it in person first! They are ALWAYS worse in person.

I like hearing your story as it reminds me of myself just a couple years ago. I was able to fulfill my dream last year with the purchase of my 91 Diablo. Good luck to you! I hope to hear of you achieving your Murci goal soon! Let me know if you need someone to look at a car in SoCal.
That is great to hear you got your 91 Diablo last year. I will definitely keep you in mind if I find a murci in Socal.

The ideal car would be an 2005-2006 Murcielago Orange
with E-gear
Navagation

May consider yellow too, but prefer orange. Not in the market yet, but am watching them and am planning on budgeting 200k CAD to purchase and then import into Canada.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Only update so far is that - the parts I am in the process of making - I am still in the process of engineering the things. 6-7 weeks later. However I did find out in the meantime my material/manufacturing costs are going to go down. Still have a few more hurdles to cross but goal is to have these hit the market by Dec 1st. Goal to sell 10k before the end of the year and 50k units in 2017.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So a bit of a reality check... I knew of the parts which I am going into manufacturing back in August 2016, however I did not get the ball rolling until October this year. Hindsight, should have started earlier because engineering is going to take 5 weeks and manufacturing is 4 weeks on top. Which therefore means it is impossible to have any sales this year.

I am working on also re-building my business website to accept online payments and help sort out incoming orders.

Finally, I am going to be looking into a second online business I can run on the side. Part time, to create another line of income.

As being an entrepreneur, I have gotten use to this bumps/delays but it does bug me a bit since I feel like I am behind schedule.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So the good news, engineering is progressing along at a decent pace. Only problem that I ran into was trying to find a place to do the tooling and in turn lost a few weeks due to that. Budget is well out the window entirely for doing the tooling for the parts. Hope to have them ready to go by the end of Jan (will depend on the manufacturing shop) and website re-launch on the same week. Also i do plan on advertising it extensively to get a return on this investment, re couple cost incurred during the R&D and make an income off this of course.

I also have been looking around within Canada for Murci's out of curiosity to see if there are any, there are a few on the Canadian Auto trader but does anyone know of any other places they may get listed?

Merry Christmas everyone!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So the parts were doing fine until I got the quote for the tooling with that being three time more than expected plus additional tooling and fee's. I guess if it would be cheap everyone would be doing it....

So that today had to be postponed until I can justify throwing the amount of money it needs to get off the ground.

However that plan B is now going full bore, since now it is needed to help fiance my current business and help generate a much needed income. I am challenging myself to get it up and going in around 30 days.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts