Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an 04. I'm still in the process of learning how everything works so any links advice would be great. Car will never go to a shop. I do all the work myself. My question is does the car turn over when in gear. I normally have left it in neutral with parking break on. Start up is smooth. But trying to get in the habit of leaving it in gear when parked. Last few times o did, forgot it was in gear. Starting it up took almost a full 10 sec of turning, when normally I have 3-4. Is this coincidental? I'd think itd auto go in neutral or not crank at all.

·
Registered
727 Posts
At least on my 07 if your foot is on the brake it will automatically go into neutral on startup. I typically leave my car in gear and notice no difference in startup time between starting in gear or in neutral.

·
Registered
83 Posts
In the manual (at least for my LP 560) it recommends to leave it in first or R when parking and shutting off the car to prevent it from having the chance to roll upon a parking break failure. My car also switches to N after holding the break and starting the car.

·
Vendor
2,385 Posts
what I love is you can start these cars without needing your foot on the brake if it's in neutral. Meaning you can reach through the window and start it without being in it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If its left in gear and its an egear car then there will usually be a slight delay as the hydraulic system for the egear has to prime and build pressure and then also get the transmission into neutral for starting, it will shift to neutral by default for starting regardless even if its in R or 1.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Just purchased an 04. I'm still in the process of learning how everything works so any links advice would be great. Car will never go to a shop. I do all the work myself. My question is does the car turn over when in gear. I normally have left it in neutral with parking break on. Start up is smooth. But trying to get in the habit of leaving it in gear when parked. Last few times o did, forgot it was in gear. Starting it up took almost a full 10 sec of turning, when normally I have 3-4. Is this coincidental? I'd think itd auto go in neutral or not crank at all.
Doing all the work yourself you will not have any factory free service bulletins or ECU free mapping upgrades done?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome to the forum, read and learn, first thing is to get the repair manual for the 04 floating around, do a search....it's actually a parts, maintenance, repair & electrical. And yes my 04 takes a long crank to rumble

·
Registered
337 Posts
I always put mine (gated) into N for three reasons:
- Safety
- Less drag on starter (thus higher cranking speed) due to not rotating the gears
- Habit (since all my cars always had a neutral safety switch)

I was amazed to find out mine did NOT have a neutral safety switch!! At least that is what the manual says (I never had the guts to try it)

·
Vendor
2,385 Posts
- Safety
- Less drag on starter (thus higher cranking speed) due to not rotating the gears

I was amazed to find out mine did NOT have a neutral safety switch!! At least that is what the manual says (I never had the guts to try it)
Yea it's awesome. The fact that you can start it without having to put you foot on the brake is super cool. Many times people want to hear you start it and you don't have to get in the car to do it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Do you happen to have the LP manual? Would be greatly appreciated.
I am currently looking through my files and will let you know.
Somebody made available the LP560 2009 manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j11wv65wt64bp7p/Lamborghini.Gallardo.Coupé.LP560-1.L714.ws.2009.pdf?dl=0

I do have the info for the various recall campaigns.
Some of them show you detailed instructions on how to do certain jobs so maybe this can be helpful?
https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f47/lamborghini-gallardo-all-service-recall-campaigns-166266/

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
- Safety

Yea it's awesome. The fact that you can start it without having to put you foot on the brake is super cool. Many times people want to hear you start it and you don't have to get in the car to do it.
That’s very good mate. Nothing worse when you have to hop ins nd take her out of gear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts