Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am brand new to Murcielago ownership, I have a 2006 Roadster with 30k or so miles. Love the car!
I am pretty competent mechanic just not YET familiar with Lamborghini.

On cold car starts fairly well but still has a bit of a stumble before it fires on all 12.
On hot there is a long cranking time and more of a stumble.
Idle is good but I think it could be better, no check engine lights. Power is 100%.
Are there any common things I should look at that could cause this behavior?

I will be doing some maintenance, already got air filters and both fuel filters. The fuel filters come with crush washers but not the rubber o rings, can someone point me in the right direction where I can order those?
Anything else i should look at while the airbox and the coolant canister are out?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Got you, will do!
Since you have the new car energy, you might consider removing the throttlebodies to clean them internally, and then masking them off and giving them a fresh coat of silver paint, if they're not looking brand new already. Fresh throttlebodies really make the engine bay look much tidier. The gaskets for the throttlebodies are the types that come off without tearing so you can reuse them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since you have the new car energy, you might consider removing the throttlebodies to clean them internally, and then masking them off and giving them a fresh coat of silver paint, if they're not looking brand new already. Fresh throttlebodies really make the engine bay look much tidier. The gaskets for the throttlebodies are the types that come off without tearing so you can reuse them.
Do you mean taking the throttles apart and cleaning them? Or just the throttle plates?
They do look very clean externally.

From my experience with other v12 engines hot start issue could be caused by bad fuel pressure regulators.
Is there a cross reference for the Murcielago FPRs?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Do you mean taking the throttles apart and cleaning them? Or just the throttle plates?
They do look very clean externally.

From my experience with other v12 engines hot start issue could be caused by bad fuel pressure regulators.
Is there a cross reference for the Murcielago FPRs?
If you take the throttlebodies off, which is easy on this car, then you can clean them very well on both sides of the butterfly valves. If not, you can do it on the car. If yours don't need painting, then I would just do it on the car. Turn off the battery before moving the butterfly valves manually.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So a little update, I think I found matching 3 BAR fuel pressure regulators made by BOSCH and ordered them.
Will update with part numbers when I install and test them...

Waiting on fuel filters and other parts to start the maintenance.
Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts