Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 gallardo that I put a Lamborghini Of Orange County Exhaust on and ever since then I have had to replace the same O2 sensor 7 times in 4 years! It is always the same exact sensor - Bank 1, Sensor 2

My local lamborghini dealership just laughs at me every time I bring it in because I have become a regular due to this HORRIBLE exhaust system designed by Lamborghini Of Orange county. I have had them inspect everything to see if there was any other possible issue causing it and they said it was extremely obvious that the bad design of the exhaust causes constant moisture and carbon buildup.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTION OR SOLUTION TO THIS OTHER THAN REPLACING THE OVER-PRICED LOC EXHAUST SYSTEM? I read somewhere that this is COMMON with LOC exhaust and some people put "spacers" between the sensor to help the situation but I cannot find any more information or advice on this.

I greatly appreciate any help/advice/suggestions that you might have as I have now spent nearly $5,000 on O2 sensor's because of installing the LOC exhaust!

·
Registered
837 Posts
thats a lame explanation by your dealership, bcos it shows how much they really know about cars. the LOC is obviously a proven design, which is y so many companies are copying it.

All you need is 2 x o2 90 degree spacer. Problem solved. Fabspeed has them, ebay too.

The o2 sensors that you have replaced, may not be faulty. Im sorry to hear you most likely have been conned many times to change them. All you need is to clear the codes.

·
Vendor
1,591 Posts
Definitely has to have something else wrong and I do not understand why you would keep putting O2 sensors on it over and over and over again. Have sold dozens of these systems and have not heard of any issue like this before.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a 2005 gallardo that I put a Lamborghini Of Orange County Exhaust on and ever since then I have had to replace the same O2 sensor 7 times in 4 years! It is always the same exact sensor - Bank 1, Sensor 2

My local lamborghini dealership just laughs at me every time I bring it in because I have become a regular due to this HORRIBLE exhaust system designed by Lamborghini Of Orange county. I have had them inspect everything to see if there was any other possible issue causing it and they said it was extremely obvious that the bad design of the exhaust causes constant moisture and carbon buildup.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTION OR SOLUTION TO THIS OTHER THAN REPLACING THE OVER-PRICED LOC EXHAUST SYSTEM? I read somewhere that this is COMMON with LOC exhaust and some people put "spacers" between the sensor to help the situation but I cannot find any more information or advice on this.

I greatly appreciate any help/advice/suggestions that you might have as I have now spent nearly $5,000 on O2 sensor's because of installing the LOC exhaust!
So why not apply basic fault finding logic and change the exhaust system to something less 'of a horrible design' and see if the fault is repeated with a different system.

But then I dont think you even have this issue, as this thread stinks of fish.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats a lame explanation by your dealership, bcos it shows how much they really know about cars. the LOC is obviously a proven design, which is y so many companies are copying it.

All you need is 2 x o2 90 degree spacer. Problem solved. Fabspeed has them, ebay too.

The o2 sensors that you have replaced, may not be faulty. Im sorry to hear you most likely have been conned many times to change them. All you need is to clear the codes.
I have already installed spacers the first time it happened after reading about so many other G owners having this same issue with LOC afftermarket exhausts.

This is a BS post. Take your propaganda elsewhere please, thanks.
I am not trying to sell/plug anything I am looking for help.

Definitely has to have something else wrong and I do not understand why you would keep putting O2 sensors on it over and over and over again. Have sold dozens of these systems and have not heard of any issue like this before.
Please tell me what else to look at. I have fabspeed cat-bypass and LOC exhaust.

So why not apply basic fault finding logic and change the exhaust system to something less 'of a horrible design' and see if the fault is repeated with a different system.

But then I dont think you even have this issue, as this thread stinks of fish.
Because I have put enough money into the car to spend another 5-7k on an exhaust. Again, this issue is all over the forums. Look for any thread about CEL lights on 04/05 gallardo's with aftermarket exhausts - it is a very known issue, not to mention the lamborghini dealership specifically said the issue will keep happening because of the design off the aftermarket exhaust. I have that in writing on an invoice from the dealer so I'm not just trashing LOC for no reason as their exhaust is simply the cause of the issue.

Agreed the guy has 2 posts, I call BS as well!
Fine you are right. This is complete BS and I'm just bored out of my mind and can't think of anything better to do than post a completely fabricated story about a car I do not own. Feel better now? For everyone else, please tell me if the O2 sensor's would be easy enough to do myself? The lambo dealership just quoted me at $673 per sensor and says that both need to be replaced. They are the LAMBDA sensors. Where can I get them for a decent price?

·
Vendor
1,591 Posts
The sensors are pretty common and your dealership should have them in stock. Not sure where you are located at but must be a small dealer if they have to special order them.
I have them available always and you can send me an email for better pricing.
Never should you have had to replace these sensors that many times. The exhaust must have a bad valve problem on it or something that is backing it up. Feel free to hit me up, I will get you a new system to put on it as well.

6A906262AT 02 sensor $305.06 MSRP from dealer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts