Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any info what so ever on whether or not Lamborghini is planning to manufacture a replacement for the LM002 which will be known as the LM005. Please if anyone has info about any new Lamborghini off road vehicle please email me or replt to this thread.
Cheers....

·
Registered
63 Posts
I spoke to my dealer here in italy to days ago on the subject and he said that he had heard from a well connected journalist and people at the factory that they might get the New Audi Q7 and soup it up (maybe with a G engine) to make it become the new lambo off roader....no news is official though...
Would be sooo cool though :evil:
:wave:

·
Registered
809 Posts
that would be sweet as freking hell.

but could it dethrone the Range Rover?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The new Audi Q7 is coming out with a V10 in Frankfurt. But it may not have fenderwells large enough for the big wheels and tires of the LM002 to have sufficient wheel travel. Thus I don't know if it will constitute a basis for so robust a car as the original.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Uk magazine CAR this month has pictures of an off-roader and a 4 door Espada-like replacement. The 4 door looks like a computer mock-up but the off-roader looks real. Anyone else got any info?

·
Registered
117 Posts
when at the factory there was a 1:18 or so model of this "new" LM....it was radical looking, absolutely crazy. I asked luc about it, and he said that he wants to produce it, that "they" want to. but he said, one thing at a time...he said it all with a little smile. i think it would be safe to say something is in the works....maybe 2008 (the 45th anniv) which would also be the 4 year end run of the gallardo....we shall see, but at some point in time im sure it is inevitable

·
Registered
163 Posts
The VW Touareg/Audi Q7 isn't a proper platform for a true successor to the LM 002. Evne though I am skeptical about the whole idea, if it does happen it should be a real truck like the old one was, with a manual transmission available. Though it is unlikely that most will use one for their off-roading excursions, it is still a Lamborghini and should be built, or at least be similar, to the ones of the past.

After paying $350K, would you play with it in the mud? :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts