Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was a kid I always loved the "Lamborghini Cheetah".

As an adult I've admired them as a piece of Automotive extravagance. Whilst down at Sant'Agata seeing my SV being built in 97 I saw a Black German registered LM002 in for a service, and I spent nearly as much time drooling over that as my own car.

So now I'm in the market for something different and find myself lusting over various LM's for sale worldwide.

Question is, whilst it's fine to admire from afar, am I mad in considering the purchase of an LM? I have heard one or two horror stories and I'm not sure if I'm letting my heart rule my head!

Has anyone heard any reports from owners?

And is anyone aware of any nice examples for sale in Europe? (A black one would be nice!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Lm002

Dealmaker -

As of last August, Lambo Bruxelles had what appeared to be a nice example of a black one in their garage. I didn't get a chance to give it a once over, but with my ignorance on the model, it's probably just as well I'm not offering any advice :D

According to one of the service guys, they were uncertain as to whether to sell or keep it. Perhaps a call could get an answer? They speak English, Flemish and French, if that helps. Good luck!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
there are a lot of lm for sale in italy: mistral motors had 2 i think ...
if you are still interested i can search them for you :wave:
ps prices are still very hig 60000 euro more or less

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
just bought an LM

hi guys....im thanckfull i found this site , the day i bought my 1987 LM002.
i got the car from its original owner. who had bought the car new from the factory, drove it for 12000 km's. them the car was kept covered and garaged for years. i bought it cheap. and the intirior was needs to be totaly redone..... ive had the engine taken apart for kleaning and changes of all hoses, gaskets and seals... it turns out 3 of the cylinders were worn down. so instead of just boring them out, i will change all 12 cylinders.. which will be costly... need to change the cluch plate also... but in the meane time i just had the fire walls redone and got the car painted to jet black.
GUYS I NEED HELP GETTING THE PARTS. I NEED THEM SHIPED TO SAUDI .
ANY HELP U GUYS CAN GIVE ME IS APRECIATED

oh yeah the cluch is as heavy as an anvyl.....lool buts its still the rambo lambo

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
instead of buying a new clutch plate just replace the facings, is much cheaper, I have now DTM facing which can handle 700Nm :wave:

98% engine parts are the same as Countach QV and 25th, I would only replace the worn cylinders and hone the others.
Seems you got a typical garage queen, looks nice but don't look behind the facade...

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
ur right

it was a garage queen.

the only problem is its in the middle of the dessert...where every thing costs more . for less competence in the work...mechanicaly i mean..
they are axperts at changing parts and keeping the old one's to re fix and resell later...lool

·
Registered
3,104 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dessert LM002

Hello Mister Dessert,

I am planning my own LM project next year, but can there be more LM's found in your country with some work on it and a better price?

Thanks in advance,
J.B.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
well its hard to find them here. it took me 2 years to find mine. but i do know of 2 , 1991 or so jeeps.. but they all need new engines....

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Let's say they need a complete engine revision, most of the cars are used too seldom, it's a total wrong idea to let a car stay in the garage over years, since some valves are always open. This means moisture and dust can come trough the exhaust into the combustion chamber and soon your cylinders will begin to rust. Since rust is harder than the piston ring this will destroy your piston ring quite fast...

See here a typical Garage Queen which got the wrong treatment
http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=2409

Another thing, all dealers were supposed to retigthen the head nuts after 1000km, I believe hardly one dealer did this, most engines run with not enough tight heads and suddenly the head geasket blows ten years later.

After we did my engine we retigthened the nut after 2000km, we could turn them 3/4 which is about 1mm!!!! All nuts about the same, so this is a normal process and not a forgotten nut.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
After the initial 1000km when new or the head was removed... Of course not every 1000, that would be rather costly ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts