Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of selling my BAT bought 94 VT. I barely drove the car in the two years I owned it and it spent most of it's time either at Bruce's shop getting mechanically refreshed or at Clay's getting paint corrected and front bumper repainted to perfection.

I had a pro do a photo shoot in preparation for listing on BAT (link below), but, I'm wandering if I should list it here instead. What would you do?

1994 Lamborghini Diablo VT

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and to complicate matters further, I'm so torn whether I should sell the Diablo or the gated Ferrari 360 Spider!

Bare in mind my garage also houses a 98 Diablo Roadster which I instructed my wife to scatter my ashes into it's intake manifold when the time comes.

·
Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
185 Posts
Wow that 94 is a beaut. Tough call on which to sell. I'm not a top down guy at all, so that decision would be easy for me. But the question for you is do you want two convertibles or two Diablos?😄 If potential future value is any concern, I don't see the 360 going sky high any time soon/ever. 6 speed helps a lot, but I just don't see that generation of Ferrari ever becoming the 'next big thing'.

As for where to sell, BaT is fun to watch, but I doubt I'd ever sell anything on there. Too many asinine comments from the peanut gallery that have zero intention on buying the car but make your ability to sell the car more difficult than it needs to be.

87 Posts
BaT has an incredible audience and for $99 you can't go wrong with capturing an audience of car lovers in general. Although, as bonehead mentions, I'm not sure I could put up with some of the comments made by gawkers :) -- and be sure to leave a reserve on BaT, you wouldn't want that beauty going for less than you'd expect. As a side note, not on BaT but another auction, we won big on a vehicle, we figure it was just timing as no one else watching/bidding at the countdown time for final bid, and the vehicle was not well advertised. Got the car for less than half what it's worth.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Given those two choices I would start with bat. I know they have rules against advertising other places while under auction.
They get a lot of attention-they got you two years ago.

·
Registered
288 Posts
BAT has not shown a lot of love for Lambos. But if you were selling a porsche...by all means.

That said, a GATED car will bring out the crowds in force at BAT. A 10+ year old R8 gated just sold for 15k over new sticker.

I'd try the ferrari on BAT. Of course you can do both, but history has not shown much for Lambos their. (except a gated lp400 which brought decent money)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would discuss the your desired reserve with BaT first. If they put up too much fuss over your expectation and insist on a lower reserve, use another means. I like BaT but auctions make me a little nervous as they can publicly determine a value on a fluke.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Lots of great advice here.
I second using BaT. Your pictures are outstanding and so is the car's condition, that in itself will bring some healthy bidding.
Yes there is a peanut gallery with some salty comments, but the Diablos do get a lot of love as the "poster car" from childhood type comments.
The market is trending up and Diablos are rarely listed, you might be pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Your pictures are great. Car looks very nice. In my opinion, a car like this may need more than the week it will get on BAT to find the right buyer willing to pay the right price.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I sold my Ferrari 348 one owner car on BAT for record money and it wasn’t an all together pleasant experience, but selling a car is usually not a pleasant experience. I have had my 16 580-2 on Fchat for about three weeks and here for less than a week. Lots of offers on Fchat but below my asking. The same situation with the 348, I left it on Fchat for 7 months and had some offers but not what I ended up selling the car for on BAT.

No disrespect to the chat forums but I think a lot of the potential buyers on them, not all but many, are bottom feeders and assume it is some sort of distress sale situation. Many are either brokers or dealers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow that 94 is a beaut. Tough call on which to sell. I'm not a top down guy at all, so that decision would be easy for me. But the question for you is do you want two convertibles or two Diablos?😄 If potential future value is any concern, I don't see the 360 going sky high any time soon/ever. 6 speed helps a lot, but I just don't see that generation of Ferrari ever becoming the 'next big thing'.

As for where to sell, BaT is fun to watch, but I doubt I'd ever sell anything on there. Too many asinine comments from the peanut gallery that have zero intention on buying the car but make your ability to sell the car more difficult than it needs to be.
Thank you for the kind words. The car really is a very clean beauty. I actually like the shape of the coupe better than the Roadster, but I'm just a convertible kind of guy...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BaT has an incredible audience and for $99 you can't go wrong with capturing an audience of car lovers in general. Although, as bonehead mentions, I'm not sure I could put up with some of the comments made by gawkers :) -- and be sure to leave a reserve on BaT, you wouldn't want that beauty going for less than you'd expect. As a side note, not on BaT but another auction, we won big on a vehicle, we figure it was just timing as no one else watching/bidding at the countdown time for final bid, and the vehicle was not well advertised. Got the car for less than half what it's worth.

Well, fellow Canuck, what car did you get at such an amazing price, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lots of great advice here.
I second using BaT. Your pictures are outstanding and so is the car's condition, that in itself will bring some healthy bidding.
Yes there is a peanut gallery with some salty comments, but the Diablos do get a lot of love as the "poster car" from childhood type comments.
The market is trending up and Diablos are rarely listed, you might be pleasantly surprised with the outcome.
Thanks slownrusty for the nice words and good advice.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sold my Ferrari 348 one owner car on BAT for record money and it wasn’t an all together pleasant experience, but selling a car is usually not a pleasant experience. I have had my 16 580-2 on Fchat for about three weeks and here for less than a week. Lots of offers on Fchat but below my asking. The same situation with the 348, I left it on Fchat for 7 months and had some offers but not what I ended up selling the car for on BAT.

No disrespect to the chat forums but I think a lot of the potential buyers on them, not all but many, are bottom feeders and assume it is some sort of distress sale situation. Many are either brokers or dealers.
That car was such a beauty and somebody got a great deal on it.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,207 Posts
BaT listed three 82 Countachs in the past 3-4 months and achieved $330k ish on one and over $400k on the other two. The lower one had a non standard rear light panel so maybe a deduct there but the two at $400K plus seemed fair deals. Given three in 3-4 months, seems they generated enough market demand to clear and at decent prices. Have a reserve and give it a try.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts