Lamborghini Talk banner

Which path for affluency & success? (Goal is to earn 100k+ a month)

• Realtor / Real-estate Agent

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Business for 4 years

Votes: 3 60.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm 18 & I'm currently studying for the SAT. I plan on majoring in business @ a local penn state campus but before I can make it in the school, I've gotta do good on the SAT. I currently have an old honda hatchback & I'm still living with my parents. My plan is to invest in real-estate & create a business in the future. Now there are some discrepancies involved with this path.

I stopped taking mathematics in the 11th grade. It was a horrible decision, I know but at the time I wasn't thinking about the future. I'm taking the test in a month & I'm currently relearning all of the maths for the SAT.

What would you guys do in my situation? Would you invest yourself into business for 4 years & take the debt? or would you go straight into real-estate & become a realtor / investor? My real goal isn't to start some local restaurant or some small online website. I want to create a corporation & invest in apartment buildings (600k+) in the future but I have no money & It's on me to do good on this test.

Speaking of lamborghinis, I plan on collecting various types of hypercars & supercars (including the Reventon)

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I think the first thing you need to do is start studying and working your tail off to make up for the lost ground.It will also help you to learn how hard you must really work to be successful. Many young people have no idea of what hard work really is. I am a builder , land developer and real estate investor. I started out buying $10,000 piece of crap houses in the worst neighborhoods and reselling them. We lived on nothing, worked 80 hrs a week and slowly built up our net worth and borrowing ability. Being successful in business requires lots of discipline, hard work and sacrifice. Why not ace the SAT, get your agents license and work as many hours as you can as a realtor while attending college.That way you will learn what it takes and graduate with a degree as well as real estate experience. Everyone would like to make 100 K a month. It is attainable but not as easy as you think.(it also comes with a huge tax burden) Also before you are a supercar collector, why not try saving 20 or 30 k so you will be able to jump on a deal when it comes along. Stop dreaming and start doing. Lee

1 - 2 of 2 Posts