1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one is for the E-Gear heads :)
Lets talk PIS settings.
Eventually I will get a snap test done on my car and maybe adjust the PIS.
My very limited understanding of this setting is that it is the RPM where the clutch starts/engages.
I just tested my car out, the car starts to move on a flat road from a dead stop at about 1300-1400 rpm - does that sound about right where it should be?
What RPM does yours start to move at?
My car is a bit 'surgey' taking off from a stop, now that I'm watching the tach at this 1400 RPM point of engagement I think I'm getting a smoother take off.
I believe the PIS can be adjusted so the RPM engagement point can be lower or higher revs. A higher RPM point causes more clutch wear but allows a smoother take off.
Does this sound right? What RPM does your clutch grab & what PIS setting do you have (if known).
Thanks for reading & helping a Lambo Noob

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,597 Posts
******, these cars are naturally jumpy in clutch engagement. If you would adjust to make it smoother you are effectively running it on auto versus sport mode and that will burn your clutch out much quickly. Reminder, the vast majority of pre-LP conventional wisdom is to never drive on auto, to always drive on sport. Have you considered a sprint booster or similar engagement technology in your drive by wire throttle? This will make your car engage quicker so it’s the opposite of what you are looking for, it will make it more jumpy but it will also save your clutch life substantially.

all that said, I installed sprint booster probably in the first week of my cars ownership, so I have never paid attention to natural OEM clutch point, sorry.

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive never run the car in auto mode so have no idea how that works.
Some people have said the SB improves the surgyness/jerky takeoffs but from my reading about the same have said it doesn’t.
I dont want to wear my clutch more than i need to so maybe there is an ideal combination of pis and SB?
Anyway, im still interested to hear what rpm peoples clutch take up point happens at and their pis setting if known

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mine feathers in/out in 1st gear unless I just mash the gas. I just replaced the clutch and its pretty much the same. I'm not against the SB but I also don't want to throw any codes and have an 07' which I've heard are more sensitive. I disconnected the exhaust vacuum electrical connection in the rear-it sounded awesome for 5 minutes and then I got a bunch of error codes so back it went. For me ill just keep stomping on the gas.

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,597 Posts
For what it is worth the sprint booster will not throw any codes. It is just an in-line plug under the gas pedal. Unplugging your vacuum hose of course will throw CELs as you found out. Out of disclosure, I have zero interest in sprint booster or any of the other products - I’m not involved in that company, I’m just a user who found it very helpful.

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can see how a SB could be helpful - maybe its much more helpful to reduce surge when the PIS is low

1 - 6 of 6 Posts