Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the exotic world people fear the miles. Let's show some love for our cars that have some miles here.

My entry is my 2012 LP550-2. I purchased it in Dec 2019 with 47k miles. When I first got it I fixed a few things from a highly respected Lambo shop mentioned here often. Just another reason I'm not impressed when someone tells me a car is dealer serviced and I only trust my own work. When I first got the car I was disappointed in how the car performed for spirted driving, but a few choice mods turned it into a different car. The most impactful were the E-gear tune and the JRZ RS Pro 2 coilovers. With the car now set up to perform how I expect it should, I really have no desire to replace it with whatever new hotness (like a Huracan).

The car now has 51k miles and has reliably taken me on my weekly Sunday morning drives through the squiggly roads. The thing I like about having a "high mile" car is I'm having just as much fun as the guy spending $30k more for the same tool, perhaps even more because I'm not as worried about devaluing it further.

I know there are some people here with way more miles than me. Let's see them!

·
Registered
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
14 Posts
In the exotic world people fear the miles. Let's show some love for our cars that have some miles here.

My entry is my 2012 LP550-2. I purchased it in Dec 2019 with 47k miles. When I first got it I fixed a few things from a highly respected Lambo shop mentioned here often. Just another reason I'm not impressed when someone tells me a car is dealer serviced and I only trust my own work. When I first got the car I was disappointed in how the car performed for spirted driving, but a few choice mods turned it into a different car. The most impactful were the E-gear tune and the JRZ RS Pro 2 coilovers. With the car now set up to perform how I expect it should, I really have no desire to replace it with whatever new hotness (like a Huracan).

The car now has 51k miles and has reliably taken me on my weekly Sunday morning drives through the squiggly roads. The thing I like about having a "high mile" car is I'm having just as much fun as the guy spending $30k more for the same tool, perhaps even more because I'm not as worried about devaluing it further.

I know there are some people here with way more miles than me. Let's see them!

View attachment 294207
I appreciate your post. I recently bought an '08 Gallardo Spyder with only 9k miles on it. Honestly I was shocked that such an awesome car was only driven 9k miles in 13 years. Why do people buy these cars if they are not going to drive them? Sure it would be great to retain some value when I if/when eventually sell it sometime in the long distant future, but it's a car not a mutual fund. I plan on driving my G as often as I can and enjoying every minute of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys!

I recently got a 2004 Gated Gallardo with around 31K miles. I'm not sure if thats considered high mileage or not, but I plan on using it as a drivers car and have put almost 800 miles on it in the first few weeks. It's such a visceral experience and brings joy to so many people. I am enjoying it immensely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm going to be buying my first gallardo very soon. There's a 50,400 mile LP560 on the market for what I think is a great price. Would you have any concerns buying a 50k mile LP car?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm going to be buying my first gallardo very soon. There's a 50,400 mile LP560 on the market for what I think is a great price. Would you have any concerns buying a 50k mile LP car?
Hey Robbin, I was actually looking at the same Gallardo and have a thread on it. There are a few bizarre things going on with the car, specifically the interior. Consensus is to run away.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Discussing only the mileage, after my experience with this car I would have no concerns about ownership. The mileage is in that sweet spot of machines where most things that will fail due to defects would have already failed and it's not to the point yet where things are getting worn out. Basically everything that isn't an interior/exterior piece is stamped with Audi logos and part numbers. Be concerned as you would a 50k mile Audi.

If you think you won't keep it long then be extra sure you can buy it right as your pool of buyers will be smaller.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Robbin, I was actually looking at the same Gallardo and have a thread on it. There are a few bizarre things going on with the car, specifically the interior. Consensus is to run away.
I just checked this thread out, going to avoid this one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you think you won't keep it long then be extra sure you can buy it right as your pool of buyers will be smaller.
I planned on holding it for a long time, maybe worth it to just get a lower mileage one and put them on myself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought my 2011 LP 560-4 with 55k kms or 34175 miles....
Bought with brand new tires, clutch,(clutch went 50k),rotors and brake pads. Put 2000 kms(1242 miles) on her in ten days. Running awesome.
She is a driver, not a garage queen...........

Currently getting unwrapped.........

·
Registered
779 Posts

Mine is a 2004 it has 65K miles on it, e-gear and 2wd converted. 41k on the current clutch. Had a ceramic coating put on it a few years ago ($300) and the paint still looks great being 17 years old.
Edit: I have owned it since 2008 and about 9,900 miles.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine is a 2004 it has 65K miles on it, e-gear and 2wd converted. 41k on the current clutch. Had a ceramic coating put on it a few years ago ($300) and the paint still looks great being 17 years old.
Edit: I have owned it since 2008 and about 9,900 miles.
Come again?! 41k on the clutch! whats your secret!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Come again?! 41k on the clutch! whats your secret!
Yep. I think the 2 biggest things for my clutch life are that I converted mine to 2wd which greatly reduces the rotational mass and I always try to preserve momentum. For example if coming up to a light that will probably change soon I slow up but keep moving so that I can still be moving when the light changes, that in effect removed a from stopped start. Starting from stop is the biggest wearer of clutches. If I stop on a downhill incline I always try to time the light so I can get rolling by gravity before using the clutch. Because there are so many times you cannot do these tricks it is just best to do them when you can.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Man, thats pretty impressive. I already sort of drive like that (i moonlight as a hypermiler) but i also plan to convert to rwd. I am excited i may be able potentially extend the life of the clutch by alot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is my favorite color ever for Gallardos.
All my cars and my truck are all Gray. I just love the color and they rarely look dirty.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What is interesting to me is in the R8 market, very few people bat an eye at 50k + miles on an R8 yet there is a greater price stigma on LP560 cars with miles. The ironic thing is the LP gallardo will likely be cheaper to maintain than the Pre 17 R8s specifically due to the suspension. There are ton of v10 R8s with over 100k miles, running good as new on the factory drivetrain

Reactions: Pilotgirl59
1 - 17 of 17 Posts