Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I felt this topic needed its own thread to stay on track.

I also emailed [email protected] a couple of months ago (they made the infotainment) and got nothing. There was a guy named Rob from Colorado on RL who spearheaded the whole finger follower issue on 991 GT3s when they were having some engines seize. In a nutshell, he and a couple others were actually invited to Germany and met with one of the head guys at Porsche. They proved the issue and Porsche decided to replace engines that needed it and gave a 10 year 120k mile warranty to the rest.

991.1 GT3 COG: Our Meeting with PCNA/PAG plus Porsche's Official Announcement - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

I used the above example to show that it's possible to be heard and get something done. What I think we need to do as a group is to decide the best route to go forward with this and get as many people on board as possible. I think our best bet is to get Lamborghini to get a team to put some effort into fixing/programming this thing right. I already came up with what I believe is an excellent solution to the poor design of the volume control.

Here it is again:
They add a menu selection item in the infotainment settings to select "audio" for the left side buttons on the steering wheel across from cruise control. Then you could deselect to revert back to original function of the buttons if you need to. Those toggle buttons are rarely used by most I'd assume for trip or tire pressure anyways. When "audio" is selected they would now work as follows:

Top = (hold) volume up - double click > next track
Middle = mute/pause
Bottom = (hold) volume down - double click < go back a track

Let's gather feedback to the most annoying problems and have them work on a fix and get it to the customers. My main issues are:

1.) Volume control sucks
2.) Bluetooth drops
3.) Heated seats operation should be on the main screen instead of secondary screen

Please post common infotainment annoyances and possible suggestions for moving forward with Lamborghini will be what this thread is all about. Once we have suggestions collectively then hopefully we can agree on how best to proceed. Let's see if we can get our voices heard and make something happen.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I really don't have many gripes about the Infotanement on my EVO. The latest software iteration seems to have fixed my gripes. I just wish they had wireless CarPlay.

·
Registered
478 Posts
For me most used buttons are volume up/down and next track/previous track. It is very annoying to use them on the touch interface while driving high speed. Also very dangerous.

Having that functionality on the steering wheel would solve all my problems.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
1). In addition to the above, You can’t multi task. So if you have navigation on and you want to forward to the next track you can’t. You need to go out of navigation and into audio. Then back to navigation.
2). For my hard drive or USB I can’t see to figure out how to locate my folder structure (artist/album). I just get a list of 1000+ songs
3. Static. When audio is not on, but volume is north of zero I get static, so I have to do the two-tap finger dance to turn down volume

someone needs to be fired over this dumpster fire.
Happy to help in any way.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1). In addition to the above, You can’t multi task. So if you have navigation on and you want to forward to the next track you can’t. You need to go out of navigation and into audio. Then back to navigation.
2). For my hard drive or USB I can’t see to figure out how to locate my folder structure (artist/album). I just get a list of 1000+ songs
3. Static. When audio is not on, but volume is north of zero I get static, so I have to do the two-tap finger dance to turn down volume

If they could program the volume controls to work on the left side of the wheel like I suggested. I believe this would take care of having to leave navigation.

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
589 Posts
I do not have an model that has this new touch screen yet (STO coming) but when it does I know these issues you all have been addressing will bother me as well. For those of us that do not have a car yet please let us know how we can be vocal and help in this cause to get the changes made that need to be made. I know that I am not alone in this and that is we work as a group we can have an impact to make this happen.

·
Registered
261 Posts

On #1 you can if you are using CarPlay and put it on the mode that shows Waze and your music.

For me this post nails my issue with what I want plus wireless CarPlay (not that big deal as using a module to mimic which works well)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I wonder if a good old snail mail with the concerns as sell as all the folks agreeing to be on it with Vehicle# we currently own as well as have owned? Shows a bit more gravity to this request vs. multiple tickets where in aggregate may not be seen.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wonder if a good old snail mail with the concerns as sell as all the folks agreeing to be on it with Vehicle# we currently own as well as have owned? Shows a bit more gravity to this request vs. multiple tickets where in aggregate may not be seen.
Yes, with Ferrari letterhead would definitely get their attention.

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
We need a bug submission system for the infotainment. Like a list of verified bugs. If the programmers at Lambo don't see the official bug list, they will never fix them.

Or just give us the source so we can modify the infotainment as we wish.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not a bug, but I would like the option to display the navigation map on the main display ( I think this was possible with previous models ?) - having to take your eyes off the road and look down at the map is not exactly ideal..

it's curious as none of this is rocket surgery... just lacking pretty basic usability really.... makes you wonder how the current setup was ever signed off..?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not a bug, but I would like the option to display the navigation map on the main display ( I think this was possible with previous models ?) - having to take your eyes off the road and look down at the map is not exactly ideal..

it's curious as none of this is rocket surgery... just lacking pretty basic usability really.... makes you wonder how the current setup was ever signed off..?
Oh yeah on my top list and it would be perfect would be:

1. volume/change song on steering wheel
2. navigation on main display - just have carplay be able to be show on this screen at the worse.
3. Wireless carplay

That is literally it and this is the perfect supercar.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh yeah on my top list and it would be perfect would be:

1. volume/change song on steering wheel
2. navigation on main display - just have carplay be able to be show on this screen at the worse.
3. Wireless carplay

That is literally it and this is the perfect supercar.
My assumptions are it might be possible to do the volume controls on the left as I stated previously. I don't see them adding wireless carplay and/or changing the navigation screen to the main display.

A reasonable update/upgrade would be to get rid of bluetooth dropping and the steering wheel volume controls added. I would also like to have heated seats added to the main screen so it isn't a two step process. If I had to guess I would say doing the heated seats would be easier to program because it's already there in the infotainment. I'd assume they'd write code to move it to the main screen somewhere.

I'm not sure the way the modules are interconnected whether or not it's possible to map a selection/toggle to control the infotainment to give the steering wheel volume control capability onto the left steering controls. This is all speculation of course on my part.

Once my car comes back from service and some updates. I'll give it a bit so I can test it. Then I'll call Lamborghini and get some sort of ticket or complaint started.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts