Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Leather

Votes: 8 61.5%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ideas for specking out my next urus. I was always obsessed with leather seats, but recently drove my dads bentayga speed with Alcantara seats. So now I’m in debate. They were amazing.
What’s everyone’s opinion on Alcantara vs leather seats. Just curious.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I want to be unbiased about Alcantara :devilish: and Leather 😇 and so, in that vein I will provide some observations and my personal opinions.
I just like the look, feel and smell of the leather better than Alcantara. Alcantara always looks a tad unkempt with the fibers going in different directions sort of like an unmade bed. Also when it comes to car detailing it is much easier to maintain leather than alcantara. In addition, the steering wheel is something I always spec in leather for all my sports cars because alcantara in those high friction areas tends to wear extremely poorly. That is why even with my ordered STO I specced a leather steering wheel as an AdP request.
A word of warning.......don't listen to anything Russ has to say about Alcantara for he is suffering from Leather Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.........poor soul. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to be unbiased about Alcantara :devilish: and Leather 😇 and so, in that vein I will provide some observations and my personal opinions.
I just like the look, feel and smell of the leather better than Alcantara. Alcantara always looks a tad unkempt with the fibers going in different directions sort of like an unmade bed. Also when it comes to car detailing it is much easier to maintain leather than alcantara. In addition, the steering wheel is something I always spec in leather for all my sports cars because alcantara in those high friction areas tends to wear extremely poorly. That is why even with my ordered STO I specced a leather steering wheel as an AdP request.
A word of warning.......don't listen to anything Russ has to say about Alcantara for he is suffering from Leather Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.........poor soul. :ROFLMAO:

All great points. That video made me want to stick with leather … question in the sto. we’re you able to get the seats in leather if you really wanted to ?

on my dads speed they are really comfortable so it got me thinking. They were just so soft and I barley moved.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
All great points. That video made me want to stick with leather … question in the sto. we’re you able to get the seats in leather if you really wanted to ?

on my dads speed they are really comfortable so it got me thinking. They were just so soft and I barley moved.
Well, on the STO there wasn't an option to choose leather when speccing it and I didn't explore the possibility of an AdP request because I didn't want to slow the build down. The leather steering wheel as an AdP request would not impact my build time so that was a no brainer..........though, cost for the leather steering wheel as an AdP request was $2K. Alcantara on the seats wears a bit better than it would on the steering wheel, and in terms of gripping you in the seat that is another plus. If you like Alcantara then I would just get it and when it comes to detailing it have your detailer use Sonax to clean it when needed. I do my own detailing and when I had my 2RS the Sonax worked quite well.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
There was no option to choose leather in the STO, because Alcantara is more well suited for such a beautiful exotic car, and Lamborghini designers know that Leather is so yesterday, Alcantara is the now and the future. You have to take whatever Lambo2018 says with a grain of salt. He secretly loves Alcantara but refuses to admit it otherwise why would he have ordered a car that is loaded with it? He has everyone fooled but me.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Seriously OP, Russ and I just are kidding one another and when it comes down to choosing Alcantara over Leather it really amounts to personal preference. There are pros and cons for each material and after considering all the factors my preference, my personal choice, happens to be leather. As I indicated above for a long term keeper I believe at least when it comes to the high contact surfaces like shifters and steering wheels leather is the better choice. Though, if you want Alcantara on the steering wheel then you may want to consider wearing driving/racing gloves or if not at some point down the road you could always have the steering wheel resurfaced or just buy new one.
Regarding seat grip, I think there is merit to Alcantara from the perspective but that is, or has not been, a big enough factor or concern for my use pattern. OP, bottom line you can't really go wrong with either material. Good luck with your decision!

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys for your input. I completely agree on the steering wheel . I always like those being leather and will stick with those being leather on all cars.

the seats I’m going to have test out again prior to making any orders. LIn the next gen av is different , but the urus I may be better in leather since it’s more daily then not. How bad is the smell at first ? My dads Bentley was pretty bad. I do think leather smells way better.

I guess I also will have to see what options they give on the evo /Perf / sport urus coming out. No idea on the actual name.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I have not ever noticed Alcantara to have a poor or noticeable odor good or bad. I had a fair amount of Alcantara on my 3RS and 2RS and I never detected an unpleasant odor. Leather though to me always has a pleasant smell, so much so, that on my 2022 EVO I also specced a leather roof liner + "A" pillars.

Reactions: Delta5275

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have not ever noticed Alcantara to have a poor or noticeable odor good or bad. I had a fair amount of Alcantara on my 3RS and 2RS and I never detected an unpleasant odor. Leather though to me always has a pleasant smell, so much so, that on my 2022 EVO I also specced a leather roof liner + "A" pillars.
My wife got in my dads Bentley and couldn’t stand the smell. It’s gone now tho. However my urus 8 months later still smells amazing

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
My wife got in my dads Bentley and couldn’t stand the smell. It’s gone now tho. However my urus 8 months later still smells amazing
:giggle: Gotta love that leather material and fragrance............

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
One other thing to consider even with four Alcantara there’s still quite a bit of leather in the interior. So you get the best of both worlds really.

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
I love alcantara. My SL's interior is all alcantara. I have no leather at all. Easy to clean with a little soap and water but I use Sonax like most who have alcantara. I love the way it looks and IMO, it handles wear really well. My interior has zero signs of wear. Only thing that sucks is during hot climate, the alcantara seats get really warm. Even with the A/C going, you can still feel the warmth on your back. For me its not enough to make me sweat but it is noticeable. If you can get ventilated seats with alcantara then that's the best combo IMO.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
I had leather interior in 4 of my Lamborghinis and I liked it. I got Alcantara in my EVO because I simply wanted a change and it seemed to look better to me on the new sport seats. So far I love it and have zero complaints.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Still, for me at least, I never can get comfortable with the disheveled look of Alcantara from normal and even minimal use.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
Still, for me at least, I never can get comfortable with the disheveled look of Alcantara from normal and even minimal use.
I guess you better plan on getting some nice plastic seat covers for your STO.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I guess you better plan on getting some nice plastic seat covers for your STO.
No, as with my 2RS I already had my wife make two black wafer thin seat cushions that will protect both of the Sport Seats. Said cushions are ready and waiting to be deployed.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
No, as with my 2RS I already had my wife make two black wafer thin seat cushions that will protect both of the Sport Seats. Said cushions are ready and waiting to be deployed.
In order to match the all important and gorgeous Alcantara I’m sure the seat cushions will be Alcantara. 😊

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
In order to match the all important and gorgeous Alcantara I’m sure the seat cushions will be Alcantara. 😊
No, not Alcantara, quality, color matched black fabric. Alcantara is way to messy. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
Ok Albert, I didn’t want to sick my friend Hans on you, but I think the time has finally come.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts