Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I notice a small leak under the car, got under it and discovered this:

can someone point out which part / gasket this is?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was going to say I dont think that plug is your leak - I would look up top above that, possibly the valve covers or somewhere else that is leaking above that and running down to that point.I think that is just where the drip is collecting.

·
Registered
157 Posts
So I notice a small leak under the car, got under it and discovered this:

View attachment 296712 View attachment 296713

can someone point out which part / gasket this is?
I guess it’s leaking from the crankshaft seal above. But give everything around there a good clean with break cleaner. Then it will be easier to find the source.
If it’s the crankshaft seal it’s a minor issue. Easy to get to and cheap options available 😊

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
281 Posts
Any updates on what this was? Both suggestions above are possibilities. Like Slammp said to start at the top and visually work your way down to see at what point the moisture trail begins. Of course it would be tough to see behind the crank pulley, but if everything is dry above it ?? Sure it could be the sump cover, but you have to make absolutely sure that nothing above is leaking down to it...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes thanks for the suggestions, I’ve just bought a fibre optic camera rig and will have a look tomorrow in those tight spaces

·
Registered
281 Posts
I didn't see the year of your car.... the crank seal leak is common on 2004 and early 2005 cars before they redesigned the seal. It can still occur of course but there are more 'common' things on the later cars (especially if you see residual coming from up top).... 6 speed has some insight in this post......

Note: IF, you don't see anything above that oil sump pan... check the bolts and if you find they're loose that could be your problem. I've seen pan bolts come loose where they use RTV sealant from the factory. The heat cycles eventually shrink the sealant enough for the bolts to come loose just enough to leak. It's a freebie fix if it's your lucky day !

·
Registered
281 Posts
Chances are you would Never get a diagnosis of 'loose pan bolts' from a Dealer (at least the one I used to work at)....it simply doesn't make them any money so it HAS to be something else. Part of the reason I quit that rat race, it's good to be able to do your own work. Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts